Is Coronavirus as serious as they say?

No, that policy comes entirely from Tory right-wing dogma. It's got nothing to do with economics because in the context of the British economy, the amount saved is very small. The Tory right hate foreign aid because... well... foreigners.
oh i didnt know you were a tory!!

also i find your last sentence interesting. i agree that wearing a mask probably has nothing to do with starvation in far off countries. it's not that that i find interesting, but your wording. you say "i fail to see how MY wearing a mask and minimizing contact with other people", as though it's just a personal choice on your part, something you've decided to do with your own body. but actually"i fail to see how MY wearing a mask and minimizing contact with other people and insisting other people do the same whether they like it or not" would be the correct statement, because that's what you really stand for. you would seek to eradicate other peoples personal choice as to what they do with their bodies, so dont you dare try to make out that it's something as harmless as just "i choose to wear a mask".
As you have apparently sought to blame me personally for coronavirus restrictions then it's not unreasonable for me to discuss my personal choices. I haven't imposed my choices on anyone else.

but you support the government making everyone wear masks, right?
I agree that in certain scenarios, mask-wearing is an effective means of minimising coronavirus spread. As measures go, its impact on the individual is minimal but has positive benefits.

but you dont care about foreigners either? i thought we already established that several posts back??
No, we didn't establish that at all. In your ignorance and eagerness to slag me off, you decided that.

I agree that in certain scenarios, mask-wearing is an effective means of minimising coronavirus spread. As measures go, its impact on the individual is minimal but has positive benefits.
well im sorry but if you're going to tell me i have to wear something on my face against my will than i do take it personally

well im sorry but if you're going to tell me i have to wear something on my face against my will than i do take it personally
If you consider that your personal preferences outweigh your responsibilities and duties to the people around you in your civilised society then that's a matter for your conscience.

no sorry, that was the natural conclusion to the conversation. any objective observer would see that.
Again, you've decided that. Objectivity doesn't seem to be your strong suit so I don't know that you'd recognise an objective observer if you saw one.

If you consider that your personal preferences outweigh your responsibilities and duties to the people around you in your civilised society then that's a matter for your conscience.
if you consider me responsible for your health than perhaps it is your personal preferences (that others do as you say) that outweigh your responsibilities and duties (to yourself)

Again, you've decided that. Objectivity doesn't seem to be your strong suit so I don't know that you'd recognise an objective observer if you saw one.
well all these posts are being archived, arent they? so all im saying is that when someone looks at them in ten years time you're not gonna look so great....

well all these posts are being archived, arent they? so all im saying is that when someone looks at them in ten years time you're not gonna look so great....
Nobody is going to be looking at these posts in ten years. And if I were you I wouldn't be so quick to make that assertion. After all, your posting history doesn't exactly look stellar.

if you consider me responsible for your health than perhaps it is your personal preferences (that others do as you say) that outweigh your responsibilities and duties (to yourself)
Like most people in a civilised society I balance those needs and responsibilities. So do you.

Nobody is going to be looking at these posts in ten years. And if I were you I wouldn't be so quick to make that assertion. After all, your posting history doesn't exactly look stellar

well lovely chatting but im afraid im off to bed! nighty night :kissingheart:

(and i hope you dont take any of this the wrong way, im sure you're a perfectly harmless person in real life and ill totally take up residence in your house if you want, but i just want to make it clear that I at least am on the right side of history)

well lovely chatting but im afraid im off to bed! nighty night :kissingheart:

(and i hope you dont take any of this the wrong way, im sure you're a perfectly harmless person in real life and ill totally take up residence in your house if you want, but i just want to make it clear that I at least am on the right side of history)
History will be the judge of that.

Back
Top Bottom