Is Coronavirus as serious as they say?

Probably true for the new BA.2 variant, but we hope to reduce the impact of virus by wearing a mask.

Same with condoms, isn't it? They can't protect you 100% from pregnancy or STDs, but they lower the risk of getting sick.
Wearing a mask doesn't lower the risk of transmission at all.

Wearing a mask doesn't lower the risk of transmission at all.
It's always good to have an opinion. But can you offer some facts?

Here is my argument:
Usually i had been sick with colds 2-3 times a year, since the beginning of mask wearing at work, which started two years ago, there was nothing bothering me, not even a sniffle.

It's always good to have an opinion. But can you offer some facts?

Here is my argument:
Usually i had been sick with colds 2-3 times a year, since the beginning of mask wearing at work, which started two years ago, there was nothing bothering me, not even a sniffle.
Sure.
IMG_20220209_181433133.jpg

It's day 3 here. Nothing special. A slight headache and the wish to take it easy and rest, which i will do.

No other symptoms to report. Here and there a lil productive cough.

Well, as I've already stated elsewhere, I haven't worn masks at all during this pandemic (only on the plane to Greece) and I haven't had covid. Haven't had the sniffles either.

Day 4 since symptom onset.

I'd call it my first asymptomatic day. There is still a very slight pressure on my sinuses. Not sure if this counts as a symptom. When talking, i sound a bit nasal.

I am surprised, that there has been no coughing and blocked nose at all. Headache's gone, which changed everything. I've read there is something called an omicron headache. Pretty sure that this was it.

I am wearing a mask around P. now, to reduce the viral load that he is exposed to. So far, he is doing fine.

It's been two years and I've never caught Covid. Or, if I have, I have never felt it. I drink like a fish, go to the bars daily, work the ice cream truck, etc. No one I know nor does anyone who I know know someone who has died from it. I am 30 minutes from Chicago. It's over.

It's been two years and I've never caught Covid. Or, if I have, I have never felt it. I drink like a fish, go to the bars daily, work the ice cream truck, etc. No one I know nor does anyone who I know know someone who has died from it. I am 30 minutes from Chicago. It's over.
is that a correct sentence? since im the grammar nazi now, this is how i would've said it:

no one i know has, and, for that matter, no one i know knows anyone who has, died from it

:cool:

Day 6.

In retrospective I have to say that it hasn't been as bad as many of the common colds that I've had before in my life. Mostly because there was no coughing and blocked nose involved. Most dominant symptom was the headache which might have been caused by the pressure on the sinuses. But surprisingly, even though my sinuses felt swollen throughout, I've never developed any sniffles. Still sound a bit nasal though.

Even though my body hadn't had to deal with symptoms of a viral infection for more than two years, this infection hadn't floored me completely, as some fear-mongerers in the media had predicted. My immune system very obviously wasn't "out of shape" but working as reliably as always.

I have to say that I had checked my vitamin d levels before christmas last year, and as they were below 30, I had decided to supplement vit d on a daily basis. That's 4000 units a day, plus vit k2 and magnesium. Maybe it helped, can't say.

Good news, you arseholes! Our parliament has just voted against a vaccination mandate and also against a vaccination register.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom