Is anyone else becoming concerned with Morrissey's popularity?

T

The Lion In Love

Guest
Because I know I am. It may sound selfish and silly but I don’t want to hear of another celebrity Moz fan. You see, I hate Fred Durst and I was content when we had nothing in common.

I also become worried when they go one step further than wearing Morrissey T-shirts. Yes, when shit bands name check Moz. Oh how I detest Good Charlotte! I hope Johnny Marr feels guilty. I find it embarrassing to hear musicians label The Smiths as an influence. Although I understand it is difficult for bands not to be influenced by the most influential band of all time but I really don’t want to know about it. I blame ‘Louder Than Bombs’.

I am annoyed with my fellow fans as well. I cringe when friends of mine talk about Morrissey. Am I the only one? (The only one that cringes. Not the only one that has friends.) Perhaps I only want to hear my own opinion. Is that wrong?

Unfortunately,
The Lion In Love
 
B

best friend on the Payroll

Guest
Re: NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
 
D

Dagenham Dave

Guest
Yes I know what you mean

Because we're such..massive fans of Morrissey's...we like to think that he is ours and only ours. And when the world starts to talk about him nicely again you just want to shout "I am the biggest fan i was his fan all along" blah blah. Basic human jealousy. Blah.
 
R

retiring52504

Guest
Re: It is time

> It may sound selfish and silly but I don’t want to
> hear of another celebrity Moz fan

Let the whole world know what we already knew.
This is Morrissey's time.

(I detest Fred Durst also.)
 
B

Bridget Jones

Guest
Re: It is time

Well, I for one will kiss the porcelain god if I ever see him interviewed on "Access Hollywood" or "Entertainment Tonight"!!!!!
 
S

sdavenport

Guest
IDIOT!!!! "true fans" would just be glad for his success

morrissey isn't your little secret! he's not obscure or unknown!

just because he's made a lot of shite records and no one buys them anymore, you fools seems to think you're part of some secret club. his popularity has waned because his records don't appeal to anyone anymore (probably not even to himself!) and most people justifiably stopped buying them.

perhaps morrissey "fans" should have gotten wise and stopped buying them, too.

the new material sounds good, and the buzz is no surprise at all...

...so stop deluding yourself. you're not special or in-the-know. morrissey is internationally famous and acclaimed, has been on the covers of countless magazines, had numerous books written about him, has sold millions of records, and has been selling out giant venues around the world for years.

this is nothing new. unfortunately, nor is your absurd attitude of superiority and pettiness.
 
T

The Lion In Love

Guest
Re: IDIOT!!!! "true fans" would just be glad for his success

I wonder if Fred Durst is a true fan. “A true fan” meaning he masturbates over Morrissey. Five times a day? Yes, that is natural.

> this is nothing new. unfortunately, nor is your absurd attitude of
> superiority and pettiness.

Yet I consider myself superior to Frederick.

But this is something that cannot be ignored. Morrissey is the second best lyricist of all time so I suppose he does deserve a few celeb fans. I don’t want him mingling with people I don’t like though. Your father would understand.
 
L

lions at the gate

Guest
Re: Moz is the SECOND best lyricist of all time?
 
T

The Lion In Love

Guest
Re: Moz is the SECOND best lyricist of all time?

Yep...

1) Bob Dylan
2) Morrissey
3) Billy Bragg
4) Hal David
5) Paul Heaton
 
B

BackstageInaDress

Guest
> Because I know I am. It may sound selfish and silly but I don’t want to
> hear of another celebrity Moz fan. You see, I hate Fred Durst and I was
> content when we had nothing in common.

> I also become worried when they go one step further than wearing Morrissey
> T-shirts. Yes, when shit bands name check Moz. Oh how I detest Good
> Charlotte! I hope Johnny Marr feels guilty. I find it embarrassing to hear
> musicians label The Smiths as an influence. Although I understand it is
> difficult for bands not to be influenced by the most influential band of
> all time but I really don’t want to know about it. I blame ‘Louder Than
> Bombs’.

> I am annoyed with my fellow fans as well. I cringe when friends of mine
> talk about Morrissey. Am I the only one? (The only one that cringes. Not
> the only one that has friends.) Perhaps I only want to hear my own
> opinion. Is that wrong?

> Unfortunately,
> The Lion In Love

I agree, I was near to tears when I saw fred durst in a smiths tshirt, but you have to remember that we've been wearing them for years, suddenly everyone is mentioning the smiths when Morrissey is making a comeback.
I'd like to think I had nothing in common with Fred Dirt too.
I am glad that morrissey is making a good go of it with his new album and increasing popularity, after all he deserves it, but I still can't quite get my head round the idea of him playing Reading festival! Sharing the same stage as bands such as the offspring, but then again, why shouldn't he, at least my friends wont be giving me that vacant stare everytime I mention Morrissey, although I wouldn't go as far to say they would suddenly go and buy his music after being so stunned by his reading performance. Just us then...
 
B

Bridget Jones

Guest
Re: IDIOT!!!! "true fans" would just be glad for his success

> morrissey isn't your little secret! he's not obscure or unknown!

> just because he's made a lot of shite records and no one buys them
> anymore, you fools seems to think you're part of some secret club. his
> popularity has waned because his records don't appeal to anyone anymore
> (probably not even to himself!) and most people justifiably stopped buying
> them.

> perhaps morrissey "fans" should have gotten wise and stopped
> buying them, too.

> the new material sounds good, and the buzz is no surprise at all...

> ...so stop deluding yourself. you're not special or in-the-know. morrissey
> is internationally famous and acclaimed, has been on the covers of
> countless magazines, had numerous books written about him, has sold
> millions of records, and has been selling out giant venues around the
> world for years.

> this is nothing new. unfortunately, nor is your absurd attitude of
> superiority and pettiness.

WOULD you or anyone else like to see him become mainstream and be interviewed by Mary Hart?? I don't think he would, either. Yeah, the new material sounds f***ing wonderful, but I do NOT want him in the same league as Britney Spears. Apparently, you do. I wish only for his *true* fans to support him - and not to make him into some talk show monkey, as you apparently would. I do not think he would agree with you at ALL.
 
Top Bottom