Irvine, CA - Bren Events Center (Nov. 9, 2016) post-show

Post your info and reviews related to this concert in the comments section below. Other links (photos, external reviews, etc.) related to this concert will also be compiled in this section as they are sent in.

Setlist:

Shoplifters Of The World Unite / You Have Killed Me / Speedway / Ganglord / Jack The Ripper / Alma Matters / How Can Anybody Possibly Know How I Feel? / I'm Throwing My Arms Around Paris / World Peace Is None Of Your Business / Everyday Is Like Sunday / Ouija Board, Ouija Board / One Of Our Own / The Bullfighter Dies / Don't Make Fun Of Daddy's Voice / First Of The Gang To Die / Meat Is Murder / Because Of My Poor Education / The World Is Full Of Crashing Bores / Suedehead / What She Said // Judy Is A Punk

setlist provided by an anonymous person.

• Posted by an anonymous person: Backdrop with Edna St. Vincent Millay

39357_irvine_nov9.jpg
  • TTY: Morrissey's Shirt ... - Irvine (Nov. 9) photo by SER - Nov. 13, 2016

Last edited:
I've seen well over a hundred shows and I thought this show was fantastic. Sad to hear about the girl that passed away. I was moved to tears. I'm glad she got to meet him and he her. It's the little things... Rest in peace Jennifer.

Jennifer is one of my best friends who passed away on Tuesday. Her husband set up a meet and greet for us to meet Moz before his show on Friday. I missed it, sadly, but Jennifer was there and he was super kind to her and spent all his time with her until he had to get ready to go onstage. If you or anyone has audio/video of him talking about her before he dedicated "One of Our Own" to her, please let me know. Her friends and family would love to have a copy.

I transcribed it from my crappy phone recording, to the best of my ability.

Morrissey: "On, on Friday. In this venue. This one. I was lucky enough, to meet, Jennifer. Jen. Who was, fighting for her life. Yesterday, she lost her life. And, this song, is for Jen. And it's called, 'One of Our Own.'"

Total Trump Votes = 59,535,522

US Population as of October 15 = 324,981,145

% of population = 18.3%

The entire population of the United States is not eligible to vote. Convicted felons and those under the age of 18 cannot. Just thought I'd be pedantic. It hadn't happened yet today :p

Yes very sweet . When he does that kind of stuff makes me forget his less charming traits. Lol
The concert was much better than the first Irvine show. The venue is terrible and the crowd werent great . When we moved to left of stage things improved in terms of fans. Speaking of fans that Morrissey look alike was there again ( with the Sing Your Life Sundays chick ) , he seemed to be walking around trying not to be noticed . lol .
Morrissey's voice is magnificent. I liked the choice of set list . Not quite as good as SB but not far off . Morrissey seemed in great spirits .

7 to 8 out 10

......I love him BECAUSE of his "less charming traits".

% of population = 18.3%

sad son,

not all of the U.S. population is over the age of 18 (voting age)!!

not all over-18 are registered (or some even allowed) to vote.

come on, think it out before you post.

you don't count the whole population and use it towards your percentage total.

wow.

we'll let you know

I loved it, I had not seen Morrisey in 4 years and I was really happy with the concert. Only bad thing? Parking and unhappy crowd. I dont know why, but I've noticed fans weren't cooperative. The crowd only got excited when Everyday and Suedehead came in. Gems like First of the Gang and What She Said didn't get much love, which was painful. It seemed people were dissapointed that he didn't play There is a Light or any The Smiths songs :/

% of population = 18.3%
That's a hell of a mandate isn't it? I wonder would happen if the rest of the country got off their fat arses and voted.

The entire population of the United States is not eligible to vote. Convicted felons and those under the age of 18 cannot. Just thought I'd be pedantic. It hadn't happened yet today :p

Wasn't the alleged quote "statistically only 20% of Americans voted for you know who"? Americans, not "Americans eligible to vote." If you're going to be pedantic, at least get the pedantry right.

230 Americans are eligible to vote. 130 million did. Each candidate had about
Sixty million votes with Clinton having slightly more

"Today is the first day of the rest of your nightmares", "If it is any consolation to you and it won't be, but statistically only 20% of Americans voted for you know who. And, don't be too hard on America, America doesn't actually actually like him or want him, no, no, no, but here he is.. What the hell are you gonna do? What the hell are you gonna do? Whatcha gonna do?" "It's 911 in more ways than one", "Well, if you remove humans from the Earth the planet thrives, if you remove animals from the Earth the planet dies"
LUFF YOU I LUFF YOU

'Now that it's over, now that it's over
Now that it's over, now that it's over, what ya gonna do?'

the Dolls 'Vietnamese Baby'

Which leaves a lot of people sitting on their hands.

And ten million voting for candidates they know cannot win. A lot of people in this category tend to want to believe that there's very little difference between trump and Clinton. Thinking they're both evil politicians or racist populists but this isn't true as we will soon see. Trump didn't really win a mandate. He won the electoral college with a good amount but the differences in the state numbers was very close meaning he won a lot of states with .5 1 or 2 percent of the vote which is how he lost the popular vote but is still president. Voter turnout really hurt and made a difference in this election

Morrissey should be pleased so many people didn't vote. It's what he's been asking us to do on his latest album, so it's heartening to see so many follow his advice.

Morrissey should be pleased so many people didn't vote. It's what he's been asking us to do on his latest album, so it's heartening to see so many follow his advice.

What utter nonsense. Not voting lets the motivated nutters in. Sit back and watch the madness unfold because you couldn't be bothered to get off your arse and do something people died fighting for.

230 Americans are eligible to vote. 130 million did. Each candidate had about
Sixty million votes with Clinton having slightly more
Maybe if the media wasn't lying and saying Hillary is destroying Trump in the polls and that he only has a 1% chance of winning, more people would've voted.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom