Irvine, CA - Bren Events Center (Nov. 9, 2016) post-show

Post your info and reviews related to this concert in the comments section below. Other links (photos, external reviews, etc.) related to this concert will also be compiled in this section as they are sent in.

Setlist:

Shoplifters Of The World Unite / You Have Killed Me / Speedway / Ganglord / Jack The Ripper / Alma Matters / How Can Anybody Possibly Know How I Feel? / I'm Throwing My Arms Around Paris / World Peace Is None Of Your Business / Everyday Is Like Sunday / Ouija Board, Ouija Board / One Of Our Own / The Bullfighter Dies / Don't Make Fun Of Daddy's Voice / First Of The Gang To Die / Meat Is Murder / Because Of My Poor Education / The World Is Full Of Crashing Bores / Suedehead / What She Said // Judy Is A Punk

setlist provided by an anonymous person.

• Posted by an anonymous person: Backdrop with Edna St. Vincent Millay

39357_irvine_nov9.jpg
  • TTY: Morrissey's Shirt ... - Irvine (Nov. 9) photo by SER - Nov. 13, 2016

Last edited:
Santa Barbara show was much better. No 'Fatty' tonight, 'Meat is Murder' instead. Likened election to 911. Audience didn't seem engaged. Shirts tonight, "don't bully bulls I am not" food. Voice still one of the best! RIP Jen

Shoplifters
Killed me
Speedway
Ganglord
Alma
Possibly feel
Paris
World peace
Sunday
Ouija board
One of our own
Bullfighter
Daddys voice
First of the gang
Meat
Poor education
Bores
Suede
What she said

??

Did he cover the ramon'es judy is a punk for the encore?

The venue sound and views were terrible. The security were rude. The parking was awful. The set list was one of the worst I have heard him do (although he did add some other stuff).

Morrissey was in excellent form. His band, as always, was on point.

I wish he would stop doing these kind of shows and stick to more established (and better venues). The tickets are too expensive for a show to be ruined by a bad location.

Amazing show! I had been reading all the comments on the last 2 shows leading up to this and was weary. However, He exceeded my expectations ive seen him nearly 10 times and this was up there with the best. The crowd was completely into it! The floor was totally engaged and everybody in the seats were standing throughout, so i really don't get where all this bullshit slander comes from. There's no other place I would have rather been on a dreary upsetting day like today. Thank you for always being there Morrissey!

The other poster's setlist was very close, but it was missing "Jack the Ripper" and the "Judy is a Punk" encore. I double checked my phone recording:

Morrissey
Bren Center, University of California, Irvine.
09 November 2016

Shoplifters of the World Unite
You Have Killed me
Speedway
Ganglord
Jack the Ripper
Alma Matters
How Can Anybody Possibly Know How I Feel
I'm Throwing My Arms Around Paris
World Peace is None of Your Business
Everyday is Like Sunday
Ouija board, Ouija Board
One of Our Own
The Bullfighter Dies
Don't Make Fun of Daddy's Voice
First of the Gang to Die
Meat is Murder
Because of My Poor Education
The World is Full of Crashing Bores
Suedehead
What she said

Encore: Judy is a Punk

He played Shoplifters? That's really great.

Can someone elaborate on his US election comments? Really interested to hear what Moz had to say on this one.

mmm... I just remember him saying something that we should connect yesterday 9/11 (Trump elected president) with the unfortunate day 11/9 in USA. He says "There are more ways than one", almost as an apocalyptic premonition :fearscream: :paranoid:

By the way, The show was superb. I just love seeing him happy and in great form. :love:

Some items to note from the show:

Ended with a few I luf you's (we love you too) and a shirt toss and shirt fight which Sam was taping.

He Stayed to the left side of stage mostly until I left of course! Then was singing on the right. The pit was too hot i felt like i was going to faint.

Small song change in Don't Make Fun of Daddy's voice:
"Someone Got Stuck in His Throat". Bad boy☺

No Kiss Me A lot, first time I think ever.

Was a great three shows. Thank you Morrissey.

Long drive home. Will grab a few rays and read by the pool and head home.

I loved it, I had not seen Morrisey in 4 years and I was really happy with the concert. Only bad thing? Parking and unhappy crowd. I dont know why, but I've noticed fans weren't cooperative. The crowd only got excited when Everyday and Suedehead came in. Gems like First of the Gang and What She Said didn't get much love, which was painful. It seemed people were dissapointed that he didn't play There is a Light or any The Smiths songs :/

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom