Irish Republic dates

I have me belted coat ready along with the paper-cup, IB!
QUOTE]

He He, Hope you fancy yourself as a "reasonably good buy"

Ha Ha,Great story you made quite an impression,because it was in the Mullingar region I wonder what did they find stranger? The fact you were trying to eat a bread roll from the display cabinet or that you requested a vegetarian meal.:confused:

Just in case people are thinking of coming over for the Killarney concert there's a small airport in Kerry and the fly to and from London Stanstead,London Luton,Manchester,Dublin,Lorient and Hahn.
http://www.kerryairport.com/
wont be going fed uo of him

Irish tour! Yipee, happy days.
Hope to go to Galway. Is Leisureland a good venue? Anyone know?

Great Venue by the sea. Saw The Smiths there in November 1984...

Difficult to get to Galway/Kerry for me midweek so up North on the Fri and Sat I think. As well as Manchester on the 23rd:)

bring it on

cossy

Leisureland Galway has a capacity of circa 1,100.
Great location for the gig!:guitar:

Leisureland Galway has a capacity of circa 1,100.
Great location for the gig!:guitar:

Yipee, think it'll be Galway for me then!
Thanks for the info on the venue, sounds perfect. Pints in Neachtains, Quay street afterwards!

I see on the inec Killarney website that they are doing a "special" for the Morrissey gig,for anyone interersted;
Morrissey
28th April
The Gleneagle:
1 B&B & ticket to show €119pps
2 B&B with 1 evening meal & ticket to show €209pps

The tickets for the Killarney gig and packages are available to buy now:

Just booked two tickets and B+B for Killarney on the INEC website:

http://www.inec.ie/Events/index.php?...ance=2009-4-28

:D :guitar:

Rang the INEC to confirm and they said when they are doing packages they put them up a bit earlier.

Posted this info earlier but it got moved to a thread about the presale for Scotland so I'm posting it again.

It was very busy on the INEC site earlier to-day.

Rang the INEC to confirm and they said when they are doing packages they put them up a bit earlier.

Posted this info earlier but it got moved to a thread about the presale for Scotland so I'm posting it again.

Are you able to choose your preferred seating or do they do it for you if you take the package with hotel room?

You were very lucky. The links don't work for me, and I just phoned up the box office and they said no tickets on sale till tomorrow. Anyway, I'm already booked in at the Gleneagle...

Peter

***EDIT*** Scrap that, just got a couple of tickets. Fab. Thanks for the heads-up.

Last edited:
You were very lucky. The links don't work for me, and I just phoned up the box office and they said no tickets on sale till tomorrow. Anyway, I'm already booked in at the Gleneagle...

Peter

***EDIT*** Scrap that, just got a couple of tickets. Fab. Thanks for the heads-up.

No problem! Thats one less ticket to worry about tomorrow at 9 then!

Its so hard to believe he is coming to leisureland. Its hard to believe an actual huge musical act is coming to galway city nobody decent comes out west. Its always f***ing dublin that gets all the great bands. Still fair play to him for remembering the place. But leisureland does not look like the place to host morrissey . It looks like a community centre beside a swimming pool across from a beach. Its tiny inside, and was home to many teenage discos and science fairs. I can't imagine the same room housed the smiths once upon a time. Punky do you have any photos of the gig back in 84, what was it like?

Still im going and its great. wahey!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited:
Its so hard to believe he is coming to leisureland. Its hard to believe an actual huge musical act is coming to galway city nobody decent comes out west. Its always f***ing dublin that gets all the great bands. Still fair play to him for remembering the place. But leisureland does not look like the place to host morrissey . It looks like a community centre beside a swimming pool across from a beach. Its tiny inside, and was home to many teenage discos and science fairs. I can't imagine the same room housed the smiths once upon a time. Punky do you have any photos of the gig back in 84, what was it like?

Still im going and its great. wahey!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

When I saw he was playing Galway the thought actually crossed my mind, I wonder if he'll play in Wateford :D fat chance though.
I had a nasty nasty surprise this morning when I woke up at 10 am, nothing like that feeling of unadulterated panic! thankfully got tickets to both shows, never so relieved in all my life :)

Tags
avoid emma
Back
Top Bottom