Irish Examiner: Morrissey is selling his mother's holiday home in Ireland (February 17, 2023)

Morrissey is selling his mother's beautiful holiday home in Cobh, County Cork.

The 2,523 square foot house 'The Manse' is listed for €575,000. Morrissey bought it for his mother in 2002.

The article in The Irish Examiner is written by Catherine Shanahan who seems to be a fan or has researched Moz well.

https://www.irishexaminer.com/property/residential/arid-41073314.html

full

full

I wonder if Moz is building up some cash to self-release his new album(s).

Last edited by a moderator:
Have you ever been to Ireland? Cork gets great weather from around April through to September or October. I'd much prefer Ireland over a country where schoolkids have to worry about being gunned down in class or where the police are basically fat Nazis.
Yes I have been to ireland, infact I'm from a country that has more or less the same weather. No point beating around the bush, the weather is crap.

Anyone have any idea how much time Morrissey's mother (or indeed Morrissey himself) spent in this house over the years?

Now it makes more sense to me that the one gig in Ireland last year was in Killarney. Bit of a trek for most fans, but not a bad journey if you have a holiday home in Cork that's overdue a visit!

Is his dad still alive, by the way?

How? I'm talking about the house, nothing to do with his mother. That's basically like saying you couldn't say any house looks haunted in case someone who once lived there has died. Bit precious.
He's selling his Mother's house who died last year and your comment is it looks haunted? I see that as bad taste. Clearly you think it's in good taste.

He's selling his Mother's house who died last year and your comment is it looks haunted? I see that as bad taste. Clearly you think it's in good taste.
The house looks like a haunted house, thats all there was to it. If you want to read into things that aren't there I can't stop you.

Don't be like that! I was just having a bit of a laugh, no harm meant. Apologies if it bothered you.
haha no it didnt! in fact, after i wrote my initial post i thought "i should've been more specific, i hope he doesnt think i mean to start some sort of writers' commune!' turns out, all i would've had to do was use the proper apostrophe!

haha no it didnt! in fact, after i wrote my initial post i thought "i should've been more specific, i hope he doesnt think i mean to start some sort of writers' commune!' turns out, all i would've had to do was use the proper apostrophe!
It would make an ideal writers' retreat, wouldn't it? Will we go halves?!! Though I think bidding will go to 3 times the current price, and then another 1oo grand at least would be needed for upgrading, extensions etc. In our dreams indeed! Unless we could get The Political Revolution on board, that loaded lady! I'd be curious to learn how it's eventually repurposed; how 'time will mold you and craft you'.

It would make an ideal writers' retreat, wouldn't it? Will we go halves?!! Though I think bidding will go to 3 times the current price, and then another 1oo grand at least would be needed for upgrading, extensions etc. In our dreams indeed! Unless we could get The Political Revolution on board, that loaded lady! I'd be curious to learn how it's eventually repurposed; how 'time will mold you and craft you'.
i am NOT sharing a writers retreat with a hypocritical commie (TPR, not you!!)

im just gonna be up front and say i aint got no money to pay for it!! i was hoping the promise of a book dedication would be payment enough!!

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom