Irish Examiner: Morrissey is selling his mother's holiday home in Ireland (February 17, 2023)

Morrissey is selling his mother's beautiful holiday home in Cobh, County Cork.

The 2,523 square foot house 'The Manse' is listed for €575,000. Morrissey bought it for his mother in 2002.

The article in The Irish Examiner is written by Catherine Shanahan who seems to be a fan or has researched Moz well.

https://www.irishexaminer.com/property/residential/arid-41073314.html

full

full

I wonder if Moz is building up some cash to self-release his new album(s).

Last edited by a moderator:
I’m baffled by the price. I mean it’s terribly dated and in need of upgrades but I’m shocked at the price. $600k in Arizona gets you a nice 3-4 bedroom house, but you’ll be sandwiched between neighbors and no fancy view. Can anyone tell me why this home with incredible views and yard is so cheap?
$600,000 gets you a condo on a street filled with junky tents in my city

It's not that expensive to self release an album, at least digitally or a modest amount of physical copies. I mean I self release my stuff all the time and I have no money. I know it's not the same exact way Morrissey would do it, but if the album is made, getting it out there online ranges from basically free to only a few hundred dollars.

Since this is a thread regarding Morrissey's mum, I have a family-related question. I've always wondered, when his father remarried did he have anymore children? The line in Dog about his niece may have been included simply because it rhymed, but if Peter Morrissey had more kids that then also had kids would it be possible that Morrissey does have a niece?

No. He didn’t have any more children. They both still live in a nice part of Salford, on the north side of Manchester.

Since this is a thread regarding Morrissey's mum, I have a family-related question. I've always wondered, when his father remarried did he have anymore children? The line in Dog about his niece may have been included simply because it rhymed, but if Peter Morrissey had more kids that then also had kids would it be possible that Morrissey does have a niece?
we know he has nephews,never heard of a neice.

And easy access by boat to the beautiful but heartbreakingly sad Spike Island, a prison for 400 years starting with Cromwell's prisoners.

"After they had laid low their armies, in Spike Island they imprisoned thousands, without food or drink or beds".

I visited Spike Island from Cobh last summer. I'm listening to the vinyl 'Somewhere In Time' by John Barry and it's hard not to feel emotional. Elizabeth Dwyer is somewhere in time too now, as we all will be.

https://www.spikeislandcork.ie/island-timeline/

love john barry,some of his soundtracks are fantastic,will watch this over the weekend,christopher reeve and jane seymour,should be good.

Morrissey is selling his mother's beautiful holiday home in Cobh, County Cork.

The 2,523 square foot house 'The Manse' is listed for €575,000. Morrissey bought it for his mother in 2002.

The article in The Irish Examiner is written by Catherine Shanahan who seems to be a fan or has researched Moz well.

https://www.irishexaminer.com/property/residential/arid-41073314.html

full

full

I wonder if Moz is building up some cash to self-release his new album(s).

A reasonably good buy!

I’m baffled by the price. I mean it’s terribly dated and in need of upgrades but I’m shocked at the price. $600k in Arizona gets you a nice 3-4 bedroom house, but you’ll be sandwiched between neighbors and no fancy view. Can anyone tell me why this home with incredible views and yard is so cheap?
It's kinda remote and it's in ireland, shit weather. I'd still rather the arizona option.

Hopefully that is his last tie with Ireland and he never comes back. I see his chum Tommy Robinson is here and whose to say that his acceptance by Mozzballs hasn't influenced the Irish far right throwing its arms around a British nationalist.

I hope he use some cash to sue Capitol.
...And I hope he uses some cash for a greater purpose. ( not a record, then.)

Provide a home for the homeless ( not necessarily animals), create warm spaces to bring some comfort to old ladies who can't pay their heating bills anymore...
Betty Ford had her clinic. Betty Dwyer could have her shelter.
No? Yes.

It's kinda remote and it's in ireland, shit weather. I'd still rather the arizona option.
Have you ever been to Ireland? Cork gets great weather from around April through to September or October. I'd much prefer Ireland over a country where schoolkids have to worry about being gunned down in class or where the police are basically fat Nazis.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom