"Irish Blood, Robot Heart" by hairbyslice - remix on Soundcloud

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Anonymous, Jan 9, 2020.

By Anonymous on Jan 9, 2020 at 10:25 AM
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Hi

Here's a link to an unofficial (electro) remix of 'Irish Blood, English Heart' I did a couple of years ago and then forgot about. It won't be to most people's tastes, I'm sure, and it was only really to entertain myself but thought I'd share anyway.

• Like Like x 1
    • Interesting Interesting x 1

Comments

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Anonymous, Jan 9, 2020.

1. Mozmar
      Mozmar
      Thanks for that, I enjoyed it, very clever! Some purists might see it as outrageous tampering, but it was interesting hearing a techno version.
      • Like Like x 3
    2. Ketamine Sun
      Ketamine Sun

Not bad. I would have had the ‘snare’ come in on the second time Morrissey comes in with the ‘Irish blood..” lyric, around 0:33 in.
      • Like Like x 1
    3. Eldritch
      Eldritch
      I do like it. It could easily be much longer. I have always wished that Moz would have dipped his toes in the electronic waters some way, although I do understand that if one's heart isn't in it, the results might be embarassing especially in retrospect.
      • Like Like x 1
    4. stux
      stux
      I like it. How did you isolate his voice?
      • Like Like x 1
    5. hairbyslice
      hairbyslice
      Thanks for the comments. Was just waiting for someone to say ‘I like the voice but the music’s shite’ ;-)

Cheers - yeah my main motivation was to see how his voice sounded with something more electronic.

you’re right, of course, re the snare. If I could motivate myself to find the original files I might do something about it.

yeah I understand it’s not really his thing, suspect he might dislike this if he was to hear it but that’s fine!

cheers. The isolated vocal was not my doing - it was on youtube at some point (may still be, but this was a couple of years back now)
      • Like Like x 1
    6. Fashion Victim
      Fashion Victim
      Have you considered adding a beeping sound?
    7. hairbyslice
      hairbyslice
      like the sound of my life support machine?