Morrissey Central "Irish Blood" - Killarney penciled in for Sep. 24 (June 6, 2022)

“A concert at the Gleneagles INECArena in Killarney has been penciled in for Saturday September 24. This will be Morrissey's only appearance in Ireland for 2022, and this date should be confirmed this coming week. Capacity is 4,142. This will be the first airing of songs from 'Bonfire Of Teenagers' in Europe.”

Media item:

Last edited by a moderator:
Speculation time - given what we know the subject matter of the title track of 'Bonfire' - does this make Manchester MEN area the most likely Northern UK venue (as a tribute), or the least likely (for being in very bad taste)?

Morrissey has never shied away from controversy, and showcasing the album there would certainly get him a lot of publicity - but I'm not sure how positive it would be? :unsure:
Paging Dave Haslam...

'Morrissey's management hit back at Dave Haslam's protest party saying 'we're not interested in politics'
The statement has been compared to Donald Trump - and Haslam called it 'the best turn of events ever'

https://www.manchestereveningnews.c.../morrisseys-management-hit-back-dave-14844639

Morrissey responds to ‘former fans’ holding anti-racism protest to coincide with Manchester show

https://www.nme.com/news/music/morrissey-responds-former-fans-holding-anti-racism-protest-manchester-show-2347293

Last edited:
:sleeping: :sleeping: :sleeping:

Before, i would say. Well, at least here in Ger, folks can travel for only 9 € a month (in June, July and August), using regional public transport, throughout the country. It's part of the post-corona relief package.
So, lots of money can be saved by fans when following Morrissey on his 25-cities tour through Ger this year, money which can be spent on concert tickets, even if prices are higher for the more intimate locations. You can even sleep in the trains while traveling at night to the next concert venue, and thus save even more money.
Sounds like a deal.
Sag bzw. erkläre das mal Morrissey's "Management".

Unless he is planning some kind of surprise release, the news about the album should be out any time now, if he plans to release it in 2022. News about September and October albums have been announced in the last few weeks, so my take is that he just doesn't have an album contract. If he has it, there's no reason to postpone the announcement any more.
I agree - there doesn't appear there is any record contract yet. If there was, they'd want to get the pre-orders and cash rolling in - even if a release was still months away. Hopefully the Vegas showcase gigs will tip the balance and he can persuade someone?

My gut feeling is we'll get a small handful of 'album showcase' concerts in Europe this Autumn, but Morrissey won't commit to the hard slog of a full-on major tour (ie the expense of hiring tour buses and crew on the road for a couple of months in Europe) until the support of a label is firmly in place, and the album is released.

Early birthday wishes. It's only a balls of a location for those in say Dublin or up in Norn Iron. Many Morrissey fans do actually exist in Munster and elsewhere beyond the Pale, so I'm sure they are delighted.
Yah I don't live anywhere near Dublin but the infrastructure for getting to Killarney is off putting to many. Dublin is an equal distance but way easier to get to and combine with craft pubs, record shops, and bookshops.

Hopefully he wears his For Britain badge. Plenty of right wing nuts in Ireland these days so he should get a warm welcome.

The reports from his previous gigs at this venue were reasonably positive.
The 2006 bootleg of said is a good listen IIRC.
Some comments about the venue not being full, but what's new?
FWD.

(@ACTON - we'll hold you to that :))
I was there. I was a very sparse crowd indeed, way less than half full

I was there. I was a very sparse crowd indeed, way less than half full
You’re full of shit.

I remember the time you went to Vicar St. Oh, wait; you didn’t. You shat your cream chinos thinking you’re above everyone else and Moz was gonna have you slung out.
11 years ago. Zero gigs since, and still coming to a site with your bile & hatred.

Once you were someone: ONCE.
How very sad.

Hi Janice, Hope you don't mind me asking a quick question!

I'm travelling to Ireland from Australia in September (first time in Ireland!) and will try to buy tickets for Morrissey's gig in Killarney. Just wondered how difficult this might be, i.e. do you think tickets will sell out very quickly?

I'm travelling to Ireland from Australia in September (first time in Ireland!) and will try to buy tickets for Morrissey's gig in Killarney. Just wondered how difficult this might be, i.e. do you think tickets will sell out very quickly?
Obviously I don’t have a crystal ball but, I think you’ll be ok if you get in at first POS tomorrow. Good luck.

Loads of tickets left, but only at the back and sides of venue, as well as standing. Doesn't look like the seated ones will be going anywhere in a hurry, so if I were you, I'd hold out and wait for the prices to potentially come down, although they are reasonable at the moment

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom