Morrissey Central "Irish Blood" - Killarney penciled in for Sep. 24 (June 6, 2022)

“A concert at the Gleneagles INECArena in Killarney has been penciled in for Saturday September 24. This will be Morrissey's only appearance in Ireland for 2022, and this date should be confirmed this coming week. Capacity is 4,142. This will be the first airing of songs from 'Bonfire Of Teenagers' in Europe.”

Media item:

Last edited by a moderator:
The closest Morrissey has come to a full Irish tour is 1999 Oy Esteban tour, when he played 4 dates in Ireland (plus another 2 in Northern Ireland). Otherwise tour dates in that country have been very sparse. You have to go all the way back to The Smiths 'Hateful of Hollow' tour in 84 for a comparable run of Irish shows.

It is slightly surprising, just due to his Irish heritage. I had sorta presumed that he'd played more dates there, but it doesn't appear to be the case.

Speculation time - given what we know the subject matter of the title track of 'Bonfire' - does this make Manchester MEN area the most likely Northern UK venue (as a tribute), or the least likely (for being in very bad taste)?

Morrissey has never shied away from controversy, and showcasing the album there would certainly get him a lot of publicity - but I'm not sure how positive it would be? :unsure:

“A concert at the Gleneagles INECArena in Killarney has been penciled in for Saturday September 24. This will be Morrissey's only appearance in Ireland for 2022, and this date should be confirmed this coming week. Capacity is 4,142. This will be the first airing of songs from 'Bonfire Of Teenagers' in Europe.”

Media item:
Lastly, Im not keen on the wording of this. It makes me think the lp will not be coming out before Sep , if at all in 2022. Which is disappointing
Its kind of odd also, its almost as if he isn't aware of the internet , which of course he is.
I mean, once he plays the songs in Vegas, thats it they are out there. I guess he will play 4 in vegas - the "new single" and 3 others. I can't see him playing more Ireland or UK
That said, i couldn't give a shit, I'll be happy to see him in Ireland

Last edited:
The chances he won't play uk, if he is playing Ireland is slim.

He will do the usual Scotland, northern city, London thing.

Then I guess Paris etc etc.

Then prob back to USA
That's my guess
I agree... About 6-7 UK dates.
Maybe the same in Europe...

Then straight on the next Easy jet
Out of ere , back home.

I agree... About 6-7 UK dates.
Maybe the same in Europe...

Then straight on the next Easy jet
Out of ere , back home.
Quite,
without claiming the mantel of M solo mystic meg, I said this would happen, when some were saying when will he play UK?
He tends to start out in USA, then go off to Ireland/Uk for Aug/Sep/Oct..a few dates in Europe then swings back to Cali for some winter sun. Nov/Dec. In my mind, he used to try and get back to UK to be with his mum for xmas . Then get back to Cali to avoid shitty British winter .
But I may be speaking crap

Quite,
without claiming the mantel of M solo mystic meg, I said this would happen, when some were saying when will he play UK?
He tends to start out in USA, then go off to Ireland/Uk for Aug/Sep/Oct..a few dates in Europe then swings back to Cali for some winter sun. Nov/Dec. In my mind, he used to try and get back to UK to be with his mum for xmas . Then get back to Cali to avoid shitty British winter .
But I may be speaking crap
Yes your about right here olde boy.
It wouldn’t surprise me if the lack of UK dates has something to do with
MJ. Although I could be off the mark here. 😊

That is a frightening statistic if true. I have to think about it. The Moz concerts I was at in Ireland in last 10 years:

2018 Feb 20th: Low In High School tour.

2014 Dec 1st: World Peace tour.

So you're right I think.

Older: 2011 Vicar Street (Swords tour I think), 2009 Galway (Refusal tour), 2008 Kilmainham (hits tour I think), 2006 Marlay Park (Ringleader tour), 2006 Olympia (Ringleader tour), 2004 Dublin Castle (Quarry tour), 2004 Point (Quarry tour), 2002 Glasgow (wilderness pre Quarry tour), 1995 Point (Southpaw/Outsiders tour),
1991 Point (Kill Uncle).

Overall I feel Moz has played in Ireland as much as can be reasonably expected. He played more than the years above but I missed them as I was living in Australia or Edinburgh. Viva Moz.
Many great shows in Ireland over the years...National Stadium in '91 will never be bettered but the Ambassador shows were close and Dublin Castle a great evening ....can't wait for this if it happens!!

Yes your about right here olde boy.
It wouldn’t surprise me if the lack of UK dates has something to do with
MJ. Although I could be off the mark here. 😊
Michael Jackson?
I think I would quite like to see M cover the whole Off The Wall lp.
I think the reason he wont tour the uk, like he did in 2015 or 16 is he doesn't really sell that much
A few people I know went to his gigs outside of London and you could walk in and walk to the front of the stage
Also, at his age he may as well just do the Ireland,, Scotland, London (2 venues , maybe 3) Manchster , or nearby. Job done
I think he is still stinging from having to have his Manchester gig called off - through lack of sales.
Im not sure why he thought he could pull that off , on his own.
I heard the ally pally gig, it was brilliant

Michael Jackson?
I think I would quite like to see M cover the whole Off The Wall lp.
I think the reason he wont tour the uk, like he did in 2015 or 16 is he doesn't really sell that much
A few people I know went to his gigs outside of London and you could walk in and walk to the front of the stage
Also, at his age he may as well just do the Ireland,, Scotland, London (2 venues , maybe 3) Manchster , or nearby. Job done
I think he is still stinging from having to have his Manchester gig called off - through lack of sales.
Im not sure why he thought he could pull that off , on his own.
I heard the ally pally gig, it was brilliant
Don’t agree with a few points here.

As we all know he does a few arena
Gigs in UK then f***s off.

All his fans want is about 10-20
Small venues so we can all be intimate together.

That said my last few Mozz gigs has been the arena shit.
I’m hopefully taking all my three
Daughters this time , my youngest being 13, and she has a better music knowledge than me, well nearly.
She’s now total into the smiths ...
So really 3/3 ain’t to bad 🤩🤩🤩

It is more likely that a hen with teeth will be born than that I can go see Moz!!!! My first time with the when?????? :unsure: :drama::pray::drama::rofl::drama:

Don’t agree with a few points here.

As we all know he does a few arena
Gigs in UK then f***s off.

That said my last few Mozz gigs has been the arena shit.
I’m hopefully taking all my three
Daughters this time , my youngest being 13, and she has a better music knowledge than me, well nearly.
She’s now total into the smiths ...
So really 3/3 ain’t to bad 🤩🤩🤩
I thought the part about your daughters is sweet.

I hope you all have fun x

Nora, the Maid of Killarney

by William Topaz McGonagall

Down by the beautiful Lakes of Killarney,

Off times I have met my own dear Barney,

In the sweet summer time of the year,

In the silvery moonlight so clear,

I've rambled with my sweetheart Barney,

Along the green banks of the Lakes of Killarney.

The Lakes of Killarney are most lovely to be seen

In the summer season when nature's face is green,

Especially in the beautiful silvery moonlight,

When its waters do shine like silver bright;

Such was the time when me and my Barney

Went to walk by the purty Lakes of Killarney.

My Barney was beautiful, gallant, and gay,

But, alas, he has left me and gone far away,

To that foreign country called Amerikay;

But when he returns we will get married without delay,

And again we will roam by the Lakes of Killarney,

Me and my sweetheart, charming Barney.

And until he returns I will feel rather sad,

For while walking with Barney I always felt glad;

May God send him home again safe to me,

And he will fill my sad heart with glee,

While we walk by the Lakes of Killarney.

I dreamt one night I was walking with Barney,

Down by the beautiful Lakes of Killarney,

And he said, "Nora, dear Nora, don't fret for me,

For I will soon come home to thee;

And I will build a nice cabin near the Lakes of Killarney,

And Nora will live happy with her own dear Barney."

But, alas, I awoke from my beautiful dream,

For, och, if was a most lovely scene;

But I hope it will happen some unexpected day,

When Barney comes home from Amerikay;

Then Barney will relate his adventures to me,

As we walk by the silvery Lakes of Killarney.

We will ramble among its green trees and green bushes,

And hear the sweet songs of the blackbirds and thrushes,

And gaze on its lovely banks so green,

And its waters glittering like crystal in the moonlight's sheen;

Och! how I long to be walking with Barney,

Along the green banks of the Lakes of Killarney.

Of all the spots in Ireland, Killarney for me,

For 'twas there I first met my dear Barney:

He was singing, I remember, right merrily;

And his singing filled my heart with glee,

And he said, "Nora, dear Nora, will you walk with me,

For you are the prettiest girl I ever did see."

"Now, Barney," I said, "you are just mocking me,

then you say no other girl like me you can see";

Then he said, "Nora, you are the only girl I do love,

And this I do swear by the saints above,

I will marry you, dear Nora, without delay,

When I come home from Amerikay."

But when Barney landed in Amerikay,

He courted another girl without dismay,

And he married her in the month of May,

And when I heard it I fainted away;

So maidens beware of such men as Barney,

Or else they will deceive ye with their flattering blarney.

Killarney is a great town but busy and pricey...if looking for accommodation near the venue I would book sooner rather than later. The INEC is outside of the main town and most hotels directly linked or close by have limited availability....Great concert by Moz back in Tormentors time if I remember....hope this one comes off
I wouldn’t yet, as the venue website is still selling tickets for another artiste that night. Don’t forget “pencilled in”.

ooh-matron-kenneth-williams.gif

First airing in ‘Europe’ perhaps referring to the EU, meaning uk shows earlier on. Cheers

Yah. It a big birthday weekend for me and none of my regular concert cantankerous cronies seem to wanna go. Killarney is a balls of a location for Moz to pick as you have to get two trains, a mammoth bus journey or drive (driving is the only feasible option). I think Moz could have done himself a favour and picked Dublin instead.
Early birthday wishes. It's only a balls of a location for those in say Dublin or up in Norn Iron. Many Morrissey fans do actually exist in Munster and elsewhere beyond the Pale, so I'm sure they are delighted.

Unless he is planning some kind of surprise release, the news about the album should be out any time now, if he plans to release it in 2022. News about September and October albums have been announced in the last few weeks, so my take is that he just doesn't have an album contract. If he has it, there's no reason to postpone the announcement any more.

Yah. It a big birthday weekend for me and none of my regular concert cantankerous cronies seem to wanna go. Killarney is a balls of a location for Moz to pick as you have to get two trains, a mammoth bus journey or drive (driving is the only feasible option). I think Moz could have done himself a favour and picked Dublin instead.
Killarney chosen to avoid Antifa types getting excitable in Dublin with placards saying 'Down with that type of thing!'...too lazy to travel to object to Steve Morrissey using his free speech prerogative to ruin his career and legacy.

Expect dates for John O'Groats, Lands End and Aberystwyth.

BB

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom