Morrissey Central "Irish Blood" - Killarney penciled in for Sep. 24 (June 6, 2022)

“A concert at the Gleneagles INECArena in Killarney has been penciled in for Saturday September 24. This will be Morrissey's only appearance in Ireland for 2022, and this date should be confirmed this coming week. Capacity is 4,142. This will be the first airing of songs from 'Bonfire Of Teenagers' in Europe.”

Media item:

Last edited by a moderator:
least he is back to playing smaller venues,the sound in the big sheds is always bad.

Ah, exciting stuff. Glad to hear plans (however vague) relating to the new album are moving forward.
Did anyone else hear the rumour, though, that's he's currently only being offered a deal if he agrees to rename the album, 'Bangers and Bops'?

‘And I will release Bonfire with both of my hands untied’

Great venue, enjoyed seeing him play there a thousand years ago or whenever it was. Can't wait.

The only downside is the news that "This will be Morrissey's only appearance in Ireland for 2022". I was hoping for a full UK & Europe winter tour, with plenty of dates - but only a single show in Ireland doesn't bode well. Maybe we are just going to get a small scattering of isolated 'album showcase' gigs in selected European cities? :unsure:

The only downside is the news that "This will be Morrissey's only appearance in Ireland for 2022". I was hoping for a full UK & Europe winter tour, with plenty of dates
Where in that quote does it say that there won’t be UK and or European dates?
but only a single show in Ireland doesn't bode well. Maybe we are just going to get a small scattering of isolated 'album showcase' gigs in selected European cities? :unsure:

just?

Last edited:

“A concert at the Gleneagles INECArena in Killarney has been penciled in for Saturday September 24. This will be Morrissey's only appearance in Ireland for 2022, and this date should be confirmed this coming week. Capacity is 4,142. This will be the first airing of songs from 'Bonfire Of Teenagers' in Europe.”

Media item:
Killarney is a great town but busy and pricey...if looking for accommodation near the venue I would book sooner rather than later. The INEC is outside of the main town and most hotels directly linked or close by have limited availability....Great concert by Moz back in Tormentors time if I remember....hope this one comes off

Agree and the atmosphere is shit compared to somewhere like the Hammersmith Apollo or The Barrowlands
Barrow lands was my first Mozz
Experience....
I think he enjoyed it too 😃

It doesn't - it only says that this is his only Irish date, so there could potentially be plenty of others across the UK and the rest of Europe.
Once the first tour date is released like this, then all the rest (hopefully)
Normally follow.....
Dust off your credit cards kids
And prepare to spend 😎😎

I suppose there's always a chance he could only do 1 show in Ireland, then follow it with a 20 date UK tour? Looking back over the Tour History page on this site, it's surprising how few shows Morrissey actually traditionally plays in Ireland. Unless I'm missing something, he's only played 2 shows in Ireland in the last 10 years, which is nuts if true.

Killarney is a great town but busy and pricey...if looking for accommodation near the venue I would book sooner rather than later. The INEC is outside of the main town and most hotels directly linked or close by have limited availability....Great concert by Moz back in Tormentors time if I remember....hope this one comes off
It is indeed a great town but a real shame that A Schwarzenegger is afraid to visit.

Ah, exciting stuff. Glad to hear plans (however vague) relating to the new album are moving forward.
Did anyone else hear the rumour, though, that's he's currently only being offered a deal if he agrees to rename the album, 'Bangers and Bops'?
Actually the stipulation is that Moz gives Jesse a laxative or squeaky suppository every night before he goes on stage. To cure the gurning guitar grimace.

I suppose there's always a chance he could only do 1 show in Ireland, then follow it with a 20 date UK tour? Looking back over the Tour History page on this site, it's surprising how few shows Morrissey actually traditionally plays in Ireland. Unless I'm missing something, he's only played 2 shows in Ireland in the last 10 years, which is nuts if true.
That is a frightening statistic if true. I have to think about it. The Moz concerts I was at in Ireland in last 10 years:

2018 Feb 20th: Low In High School tour.

2014 Dec 1st: World Peace tour.

So you're right I think.

Older: 2011 Vicar Street (Swords tour I think), 2009 Galway (Refusal tour), 2008 Kilmainham (hits tour I think), 2006 Marlay Park (Ringleader tour), 2006 Olympia (Ringleader tour), 2004 Dublin Castle (Quarry tour), 2004 Point (Quarry tour), 2002 Glasgow (wilderness pre Quarry tour), 1995 Point (Southpaw/Outsiders tour),
1991 Point (Kill Uncle).

Overall I feel Moz has played in Ireland as much as can be reasonably expected. He played more than the years above but I missed them as I was living in Australia or Edinburgh. Viva Moz.

That is a frightening statistic if true. I have to think about it. The Moz concerts I was at in Ireland in last 10 years:

2018 Feb 20th: Low In High School tour.

2014 Dec 1st: World Peace tour.

So you're right I think.

Older: 2011 Vicar Street (Swords tour I think), 2009 Galway (Refusal tour), 2008 Kilmainham (hits tour I think), 2006 Marlay Park (Ringleader tour), 2006 Olympia (Ringleader tour), 2004 Dublin Castle (Quarry tour), 2004 Point (Quarry tour), 2002 Glasgow (wilderness pre Quarry tour), 1995 Point (Southpaw/Outsiders tour),
1991 Point (Kill Uncle).

Overall I feel Moz has played in Ireland as much as can be reasonably expected. He played more than the years above but I missed them as I was living in Australia or Edinburgh. Viva Moz.
The Savoy in Cork was a stunner. As were VS double headers the same year.
The Swords gig was at the National Stadium Nov 09.👍

The chances he won't play uk, if he is playing Ireland is slim.

He will do the usual Scotland, northern city, London thing.

Then I guess Paris etc etc.

Then prob back to USA
That's my guess

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom