Irish Blood, English Heart. Morrissey's first #1 hit single in the United Kingdom.

B

Belligerent Ghoul

Okay, let's break this down.

Who/what is the competition?

Can it even be done?

Is it unthinkable?

Do you just sense the momentum building and building such that you really think it will happen?

> Okay, let's break this down.

> Who/what is the competition?

> Can it even be done?

> Is it unthinkable?

> Do you just sense the momentum building and building such that you really
> think it will happen?

i never even knew when southpaw, malajusted and lots of the later singles
were out because i didn't have the net at the time and had long since stopped buying the nme. I didn't know he had anything out, and i had no way of finding out.
I wasn't going to listen to the top 40 every week or watch top of the pops
in the hope of seeing him. Now it's different, massive exposure, the jonathan
ross show will be a massive turning point. 5 million viewers, going through
mid life crisis lot's of them, want to revisit there youth, i think it will
be bigger than anyone predicted, hope so

Unthinkable, completely impossible. They haven't even pressed enough copies.

Frankee's 'F U Right Back' is MASSIVE on the radio and all the video stations over here.
It will be number one without a doubt, and will outsell Moz two to one.
People were so eager for it, that in HMV they were selling imports for £6 apiece last week before it was even released.
Plus Eamon and a few others will outsell Moz.
Let's calm down a bit people, Top 5 would be AMAZING, and would equal Mozzer's best.

Re: Unthinkable, completely impossible. They haven't even pressed enough copies.

Is it any good? Sounds like a very crap song to me. Fortunately I haven't heard it myself.

Personally, I reckon IBEH can clinch it.

> Frankee's 'F U Right Back' is MASSIVE on the radio and all the video
> stations over here.
> It will be number one without a doubt, and will outsell Moz two to one.
> People were so eager for it, that in HMV they were selling imports for £6
> apiece last week before it was even released.
> Plus Eamon and a few others will outsell Moz.
> Let's calm down a bit people, Top 5 would be AMAZING, and would equal
> Mozzer's best.

Re: Unthinkable, completely impossible. They haven't even pressed enough copies.

It would be great to get top ten even but I am just not sure there is the support around in the singles market. I believe that the album will probably do better than expected but the single will be top 10, 11 at best. People aren't buying singles as they once were. Having worked in many music stores I know that even the most concerted campaign cannot get a single to move if people dont want to buy it and i think moz's single will peak and disappear from the top 40 within a week, sad but true. The album though should make top 10 and I think will sell solidly (if not well enough to retain a chart position) for some time. Anyway, thats what I think but lets hope im wrong and moz takes bryan adams' crown with a 21 week stay a-top the charts - Moz for christmas Number 1!

That Frankee song sounds like a big conspiracy. It is a 'response song' to that Eammon song- even though they claim they don't know each other- But the publicity they got for both songs was pretty big-

Sadly both songs remain crap!
Moz for No 1!

> Is it any good? Sounds like a very crap song to me. Fortunately I haven't
> heard it myself.

> Personally, I reckon IBEH can clinch it.

That Frankee song IS a big publicity stunt - apparently Eamon has been quoted as saying that the record company chose her specifically to release the comeback single and they've never even met.

As for Moz making number one, wouldn't that be fantastic? Sadly, I'm not sure it can actually happen. The single-buying public are notoriously teenagers who buy whatever is "cool" - hence the song containing 33 swear words sticking rigidly at No 1. However, there are thousands and thousands of Morrissey fans in the UK - surely if we all buy a copy, he stands a good chance of making No1? YATQ should definitely be number one in the album charts though. Anyway, can you really imagine Morrissey on Top of the Pops alongside some of the pathetically untalented, torrid offerings that grace the charts at the moment?! T'would be an insult!

Back
Top Bottom