Introducing Morrissey VHS Video

Discussion in 'Downloads / Bootlegs archive (read-only)' started by EastOfEden, Feb 22, 2008.

1. EastOfEden

EastOfEden New Member

My video player has finally taken it's last breath. I was wondering if anyone has the facility to transfer VHS tapes onto a DVD?
    I am willing to send the video tape and a couple of blank DVDs if somebody could do the transferring?
    Much appreciated!
    Cheers Seb

2. Flax

Flax Active Member

I want to do the same thing.
    I found a few places in my area that can do this... apparently, it would cost something like US$20 - 30.

3. EastOfEden

EastOfEden New Member

Anyone can transfer VHS video tapes to DVD? My video recorder has finally died and I would like to transfer "Introducing Morrissey" to a DVD. Any one can help?
    I am happy to send the tape and some blank DVDs.

Cheers!

4. Corrissey

Corrissey lovable loser

I'd like to make the same request/offer :)

5. Mozzboy

Mozzboy Mozz Loverboy

6. modrevolve

modrevolve Standard Model

I transferred my vhs to dvd a few months ago and it looks really good..

any chance we can start a tree going where everyone gets a copy for free but I'm not the only one doing all the burning and mailing??

Darren

7. robertzombie

robertzombie Member

You could share it on smithstorrents? Alternatively you could set up a "weed" whereby you send out two copies (to the first two people that request it/pm you), on the understanding that the 2 recipients send out a further two copies (to the first two that pm them) and so on, and so forth...

8. modrevolve

modrevolve Standard Model

Someone actually posted it on smithstorrents before but it was taken down because its copyrighted..

I can burn copies for both US and UK fans..instead of PMing me, lets keep this thread going so we can figure out the best way to sort everything out.

Darren

9. Unlikely One

Unlikely One Junior Member

I have spent a considerable amount of time burning old VHS footage onto dvds. God knows it gets boring.....its just not like ripping. And I always get distracted and end up watching the footage and forget about things I am supposed to do!

Anyway if anyone wants a copy I'll happily do it and post it for a tiny charge. PM me if you wish. I prefer to trade so if you have any Moz Smiths dvds of interest then its a simple case of swapping.

Lastly, I would love to do the torrents stuff, sadly in rural England thats not really on my list of possibilities.....one day maybe.......so bear with us bumpkins while we shake off VHS.

Last edited: Feb 22, 2008
  10. nowherefast

nowherefast Practising Troublemaker

I also got rid of my VHS player, it started acting up on me...so I transfered all my VHS videos to DVD...the quality is okay...but I least I have it on DVD...and I also started watching them while I was converting...and it does take a while....what do you guys have to trade...so far I have...

Introducing Morrissey
    Live in Dallas
    Home is where the heart is (I think that's what it's called)
    Hulmerist
    Live in Irvine 97
    Live in Vancouver 92 (bad bad quality)
    Morrissey Compilation of TV appearances and videos(bad bad quality at times)
    The Smiths - Hacienda
    The Smiths Documentary/Rockplast/Derby 83 or 84 not sure

That's all that comes to mind, I know I have others but can't remember ...

11. marred

marred Member

Does anyone have it as Quicktimes rather than the windows media player version that is floating around?

12. Carnation

Carnation So Gone

13. WinkWink

WinkWink Banned

great website...thanks. a lot of great downloads. Know of anymore websites like it?