Official YouTube "Introducing Morrissey" premiere - May 29, 2020

this is definitely worth watching.

I think it's instructive to watch this concert video back to back with Live In Dallas. Leaving aside the fact that Bridgwood replaced Day, it's fascinating to see how much Th'Lads improved in less than four years. Spencer's drumming on Speedway has never been bettered by any live rendition since. One wishes that Morrissey had not thrust the camera eye away from them so emphatically on the Introducing video.

It's a shame that Southpaw sank. The performances on that tour - and energy onstage - were high watermarks that would be nice to have memorialized on official video. The Jools Holland performances of Sunny and The Boy Racer bear this out.

Wouldn't it be nice to imagine that this one could be given a visual spit'n'polish ~ a fresh scan of the original film negative to provide new High Definition digital files...?

It is the most handsome Morrissey concert film, in my thick book.

But maybe in the next world?

At least they could give us the the cute little prologue/epilogue material?

If 'they' were really playing the game, next week 'they' could throw up the 1991 "Kill Uncle" US West Coast tour documentary {"Carry On a'Broad"?}

Or at least the "November Spawned A Monster" outtakes... :brows:

I was completely obsessed with this VHS when it came out. Great stuff.

I still have the VHS with pieces of A4 folded in the case. These are signs put up in the venues to inform us that by virtue of attending we give permission for our images to be captured for future commercial use.

I took them because they amused me. After buying tickets, travelling to venues and entering the building we were told that we’d somehow chosen to give permission. I wasn’t particularly bothered, just seemed a piss take.

Bought the DVD later. Boxers Tour as I recall.

I think it was a good show but way overproduced by switching cameras every 3 seconds.. it never lets you enjoy the moment.

Also bummed he didn't include Shoplifters..

Still.. despite that.. I do like it.. just don't love it.

I wish I could find the full Sheffield gig as the part where I got on stage during Speedway and patted Morrissey on the back was actually the Blackpool footage on the DVD.

I wonder if James O'Brien has a copy?

I have this on DVD, and his hair was beautiful. My favorite Morrissey era.
I was at the Bradford show on this tour. I totally agree with you, I think this was him at the peak of his career. He looked and sounded stunning, the ban were incredible and I got speaking with Linder Sterling that night too.

I wish I could find the full Sheffield gig as the part where I got on stage during Speedway and patted Morrissey on the back was actually the Blackpool footage on the DVD.

I wonder if James O'Brien has a copy?

The montage at the end showing people on stage was filmed in Sheffield. I went to the Sheffield one and am on the video, have you looked there?

It's Morrissey still at his peak for sure. For a lot of us it was the first chance to hear any V&I songs live. It's really a pity this material wasn't toured more broadly... but at least we have this recording.

The montage at the end showing people on stage was filmed in Sheffield. I went to the Sheffield one and am on the video, have you looked there?

I must've have checked that before i would've thought but I will look again. Thanks.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom