"Introducing Morrissey" DVD released (UK - Sep. 8, 2014; US - Sep. 9, 2014)

Introducing Morrissey: DVD released today in the UK and tomorrow in the US - true-to-you.net
8 September 2014

Introducing Morrissey, a film made by James O'Brien, is released on DVD format today in the UK and tomorrow in the US.

Filmed during Morrissey's British concert tour of 1995, Introducing Morrissey is now available on DVD for the first time.

The tracklisting is as follows.

"Billy Budd"
"Have-A-Go Merchant"
"Spring-Heeled Jim"
"You're The One For Me, Fatty"
"The More You Ignore Me, The Closer I Get"
"Whatever Happens, I Love You"
"We'll Let You Know"
"Jack The Ripper"
"Why Don't You Find Out For Yourself"
"The National Front Disco"
"Moon River"
"Hold On To Your Friends"
"Boxers"
"Now My Heart Is Full"
"Speedway"

(all recorded live)

introducing_morrissey_artwork.jpg

Purchase the Introducing Morrissey DVD at Amazon.co.uk
Purchase the Introducing Morrissey DVD at Amazon.com

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: True To You - Introducing Morrissey: DVD released today in the UK and tomorrow in the US - Artwo

i always imagined the boxing obsession and fake scars to be symbolic of the very public fight he was in and the beating he imagined he suffered in court at the time. the symbols of past fights etc. plus i doubt he needs another reason to express his love of sweaty muscular men

Re: True To You - Introducing Morrissey: DVD released today in the UK and tomorrow in the US - Artwo

OK, I'm sure you're right but 1996 - is not "well before" Mala (1997), and it is after Southpaw (1995)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Introducing_Morrissey

The photo was taken just prior to Southpaw Grammar. If you look closely, he has "Southpaw Grammar" "etched" into his arm. Another frame from the same session accompanied the Q review of SG in the September 1995 issue.

^^^^^
Thank You, Jamie!

I didn't go to that tour but have a tour t shirt of the Boxers[?] tour 1995 [have to dig up the shirt]

with Cornelius Carr, blue with yellow

the dates are ofcourse on the backside

Was looking yesterday for it, but all was a bit vague, www.bol.com normally they have it in stock, now 2-3 days waiting,
maybe it's changed now, haven't looked, but gonna buy it.

'and they say he's mentall'... bet 20 euro Morrissey willl sing/perform Jack the Ripper in Poland ... or in this Tour

JP OK

Last edited:

weird then as it doesnt mention will never marry in the dvd tracklisting so i guess they went in another direction again. i dont usually like his concert dvds to much as they are often very rough in quality but so it goes. boxers though, thats super tempting but i think ill pass. theres to much better stuff out there on the net in general and i could make a much more pleasing live video using that. also as was mentioned above the cover is horrible. who chose that? introducing morrissey looking nothing like he usually does at any other given time.

Will never Marry is on the outro, but its the studio version with images of fans throwing themselves at Morrissey on stage.

Strange that there's no mention of it on the the JB hi fi site.

I looked there too and there was nothing but they will probably get it in soon at a fairly good price, just like they did the World Peace 10". Sanity doesn't have it either. Red Eye will probably import it but there's not much point if Amazon can do it for a $21-23 price range.

Just checked and Red Eye list it as a pre-order from USA for $32 and Germany $40.
http://www.redeye.com.au/answer.asp...st=Introducing+Morrissey+&code=&search=search

I'm in no rush for this as I don't have a DVD player or a laptop to play it on. I still need to get 25 Live too. Lol.

CR

Last edited:

I preordered it from BestBuy.com last week. It shipped Friday. I checked the tracking the other day and it was scheduled for delivery on Thursday, now it says Saturday. What’s the point of a preorder???

Luckily the iTunes download appeared this morning so I’ll at least listen to it while at work.

Great film, bad cover, well I made this for you:

Why hasn't this been ripped into some torrent website yet? Moz owes me ticket refund money, my turn to rip him off now.

Moz owes me ticket refund money, my turn to rip him off now.

I'm always confused when I see comments like this. I've never had any issues whatsoever getting my ticket money refunded when shows (Morrissey or otherwise) get canceled.

I'm always confused when I see comments like this. I've never had any issues whatsoever getting my ticket money refunded when shows (Morrissey or otherwise) get canceled.

Ditto. Usually get a full refund, fees and all.

I "watched" (had it playing on my iphone while working) this video today btw and it is awesome. Cannot wait for the DVD to arrive so I can watch on my TV.

My friend has a professionally filmed bootleg, meaning the actual cameras used as this official release, with "Swinging on A Star" at the end. Could someone tell me how...I mean has that been out there for a while? Or is this a rarity? I watched the entire thing at his house on DVD 10 years ago.

?????

Whats the picture quality like I remember the vhs video being a bit rough.

It's not great. This entire thing could have been so much better - starting with the artwork. Also, it's been 18 years since the VHS - some bonus features would have been nice. Let's say, you want to be "true" to the original - very noble. Let's say you want to sell lots more units - give us candy, give us cake!

The photo was taken just prior to Southpaw Grammar. If you look closely, he has "Southpaw Grammar" "etched" into his arm. Another frame from the same session accompanied the Q review of SG in the September 1995 issue.
More shots from this session were also used on the Best Of compilation in 2001.

Last edited:

Just finished watching the DVD, brought back great memories. :)
Here are some photos I took at Bradford St George's Hall, a mere 8 or 9 days later...

344rzia.jpg
2mdh1me.jpg
91f4hx.jpg
11m3o6r.jpg
2qmi4n7.jpg
2qbexhf.jpg
2w5ixz8.jpg

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom