"Into this world, and out of it" - TTY

Death has a feast on the great and the good every day. It's just that some are less famous than others. The family of Mrs Scroggins at number 24 will be just as distraught as the family of Efren Zimbalist Jr.

P.

"We are heartbroken to announce the passing into peace of our beloved father, Efrem Zimbalist Jr, at his Solvang ranch.He actively enjoyed his life to the last day, showering love on his extended family, playing golf and visiting with close friends."

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-27269383

I hope I leave the planet at 95, surrounded by love, without lingering pain. I wonder why Morrissey feels the need to comment on the deaths of minor celebrities in terms like "the great and the good"?

"Let it give us pause"

Why? I didn't know him. Did Morrissey? Ok, after noting that this "let us give pause" sounds like a preacher at a service, I paused. And images came to mind as I reflected on the children of Peaches Geldof, the parents of Korean students lost at sea and anguished relatives of those on a vanished flight from Malaya. Then I paused and thought of needless deaths due to lack of basic sanitation and healthcare all across the world. And, of course, the billions of beings consumed for fast food this week. And students massacred in Oslo. Etc. I'm unsure why the death of a 95 year old actor is note-worthy to anyone other than his grieving family and friends. Morrissey provides no context or explanatory framework to explain why he is moved to publicly comment on this death of a 95 year old man rather than on other examples of "into this world, and out of it". I've also no idea why he was moved to note the death of Bob Hoskins.

Last edited:
Into this world, and out of it - true-to-you.net

Leee Black Childers, Bob Hoskins, and now Efrem Zimbalist Jr ... death is having a feast on the great and the good. Let it give us pause.

Morrissey
3 May 2014
Los Angeles.

morrissey_with_leee_black_childers.jpg

Morrissey is photographed above with the late Leee Black Childers, as photographed by Sam Esty Rayner.

Related items:

Last edited by a moderator:
"Stephen! Are you in?"

"Yes, Mum. I'm upstairs."

"Someone else has died."

"Great! Did I like them?"

"I think so."

"I'm going to pen a tribute."

"Another one? That's nice, dear. What are you going to write?"

"I thought 'Let it give us pause' would sound quite momentous, but wouldn't take long."

"Paws?"

"No, Mum. Pause."

"Very nice, dear."

"I've finished, Mum."

"That was quick. You are a clever boy."

"Yes, I am. Mum?"

"Yes, dear."

"Who died?"

"We are heartbroken to announce the passing into peace of our beloved father, Efrem Zimbalist Jr, at his Solvang ranch.He actively enjoyed his life to the last day, showering love on his extended family, playing golf and visiting with close friends."

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-27269383

I hope I leave the planet at 95, surrounded by love, without lingering pain. I wonder why Morrissey feels the need to comment on the deaths of minor celebrities in terms like "the great and the good"?

"Let it give us pause"

Why? I didn't know him. Did Morrissey? Ok, after noting that this "let us give pause" sounds like a preacher at a service, I paused. And images came to mind as I reflected on the children of Peaches Geldof, the parents of Korean students lost at sea and anguished relatives of those on a vanished flight from Malaya. Then I paused and thought of needless deaths due to lack of basic sanitation and healthcare all across the world. And, of course, the billions of beings consumed for fast food this week. And students massacred in Oslo. Etc. I'm unsure why the death of a 95 year old actor is note-worthy to anyone other than his grieving family and friends. Morrissey provides no context or explanatory framework to explain why he is moved to publicly comment on this death of a 95 year old man rather than on other examples of "into this world, and out of it". I've also no idea why he was moved to note the death of Bob Hoskins.

You actually wonder?

These three people Morrissey mentioned lived long, happy, and mainly healthy lives. We should reflect on the good they left behind, not mourn their deaths. I can only hope that my parents live to be 95 years old. That would make me happy and it would be easier to see them go. Maybe that's what he meant by "let it give us pause" - to be thankful for those we still have in our lives because life is fleeting and death comes quickly.

Thank you Morrissey for your inspiring words. I shall give pause right now. [pause] ... At my grandpa's funeral, the minister hired to speak had not much interesting to say. He was obese too. A friend of my uncle's, I guess.

These three people Morrissey mentioned lived long, happy, and mainly healthy lives. We should reflect on the good they left behind, not mourn their deaths. I can only hope that my parents live to be 95 years old. That would make me happy and it would be easier to see them go. Maybe that's what he meant by "let it give us pause" - to be thankful for those we still have in our lives because life is fleeting and death comes quickly.

Thank you Morrissey for your inspiring words. I shall give pause right now. [pause] ... At my grandpa's funeral, the minister hired to speak had not much interesting to say. He was obese too. A friend of my uncle's, I guess.

Um, what?

OMG the regulars are boring.

So you trolls think he can't honor the dead because he didn't honor ALL the dead. You need a list of everyone that ever died (which is nearly everybody ever born), in order to pay respects to a couple people that he admired? That's grasping, save your troll cards for when he says something about the Chinese again.

Morrissey is mourning the deaths of celebrities, some he knew, some maybe not. He has a forum, TTY and he uses it to express himself. We can choose to give a crap about what he says or not. I think all of us have been effected by the death of a celebrity we never knew at some point. There are several I can vividly remember where I was at the time, etc.

I was most familiar with Bob Hoskins. He was a fine actor. I was saddened by his death.

I, for one, am appreciative that Morrissey shares with us through TTY.

So you trolls think he can't honor the dead because he didn't honor ALL the dead. You need a list of everyone that ever died (which is nearly everybody ever born), in order to pay respects to a couple people that he admired? That's grasping, save your troll cards for when he says something about the Chinese again.

I'm sure people are just grateful that Morrissey will now finally stop going on and on and on about Efrem Zimbalist Junior, Bob 'Oskins and some gay bloke. His constant lauding of their work down the years had grown, frankly, tiresome.

Although dedicating Vauxhall & I to Mr. Zimblast Jr's stunning tour de force as the voice of Doctor Octopus in the 90s Spider-Man cartoon was a nice touch at the time, I felt Morrissey had taken it too far by the early years of the last decade, mentioning him in interview after interview.

Morrissey is mourning the deaths of celebrities, some he knew, some maybe not. He has a forum, TTY and he uses it to express himself. We can choose to give a crap about what he says or not. I think all of us have been effected by the death of a celebrity we never knew at some point. There are several I can vividly remember where I was at the time, etc.

I was most familiar with Bob Hoskins. He was a fine actor. I was saddened by his death.

I, for one, am appreciative that Morrissey shares with us through TTY.

Somewhere a Kim Kardashian fan is writing something very similar. I wonder if the Aging Millionaire Revolutionary Pirate Sex Pest has clued Morrissey into the opportunity to be had monetising Twitter and its free promotional possibilities, and if these slightly bizarre musings are a precursor to Morrissey finally embracing so-shul-meed-ja.

:guffaw:
"Stephen! Are you in?"

"Someone else has died."

"I think so."

"I thought 'Let it give us pause' would sound quite momentous, but wouldn't take long."

"Paws?"

"No, Mum. Pause."

"Very nice, dear."

"I've finished, Mum."

"Yes, I am. Mum?"

"Yes, dear."

"Who died?"

"Stephen! Are you in?"

"Someone else has died."

"I think so."

"Paws?"

"No, Mum. Pause."

"Very nice, dear."

"I've finished, Mum."

"Yes, I am. Mum?"

"Yes, dear."

"Who died?"

Structure - A+
Humourous content - A+
Subject matter - A+
Clarity - A+
Accuracy - A+

Well done Johnny, you done good this lesson kid.

"Stephen! Are you in?"

"Someone else has died."

"I think so."

"Paws?"

"No, Mum. Pause."

"Very nice, dear."

"I've finished, Mum."

"Yes, I am. Mum?"

"Yes, dear."

"Who died?"

:lbf:

Oh give yourself a break before you breakdown ! (You big girls blouse) 95 is a great age and should be celebrated.
Ask yourself a question people, when you die would you want all your friends and family to go into meltdown for 60 odd days of mourning.
Or are these 'statements of death' a fore warning of not feeling well "I can' t go on stage again today but I'll try again tomorrow "
Couldn't even get a photo of Efrem jnr in the statement jeeeeez !

I may feel slightly sad but I won't cry

Three more sleeps and we are into the BIG tour or as Fergie said "Squeaky bum time"
Screwup this time round, deffo " Le f***ed" !

Benny-the-British-Butcher

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom