Intimate bodily piercing

Dupree

Tharr she blows!
I'm not being vulgar or anything but...what are your opinions on 'intimate' piercings? Have you ever been with someone who had one? Do you have one? Do they hurt? Do you think they look ugly/attractive?

I'm very tempted to get one but was interested in what other people think of them before I go ahead.

i think they're disgusting, but i also think that if people want to do that stuff to their own bodies, it's up to them.

Dusgusting, horrible and everything. Can't stand an odrnary piercing at all.

:D

I hate all piercings, and this seems especially gross. Of course it doesn't matter what I think, but what you and your current/future partner think. Word of medical advice, though: piercings can cause infections, and you do not want to mess with that area.
I'm curious, why would you want to get one? Do you find it attractive? Do you find it attractive on a man?

a piercing in my tongue would be as intimate as it could get.

I'm curious, why would you want to get one? Do you find it attractive? Do you find it attractive on a man?

To be honest I'm really not sure if there is a straight, definitive reason why I want to get one - as stupid as that sounds. I've just found the idea facinating ever since I first heard about them. I guess it's something to do with the the 'wrongness' of it. I'm quite a masochist and get a kick out of pushing boundaries. The idea of sharp pointy objects and one's ha'penny is quite exciting for me!

Then I think, well, it's just an instant - after the needles and pain and fun there will be the actual piercing, cleaning, swelling etc.

I also think it's the idea of it being a secret. It's something only me and the boy will know about (well, that is, assuming we live the fairytale 'happily ever after') and that's kinda cool. Of course, one could argue we have a million other things but this is something that is always there.

I don't know...maybe I sound silly. It's just one of those things - once you get something in your head, it just won't go away.

Dupree said:
Then I think, well, it's just an instant - after the needles and pain and fun there will be the actual piercing, cleaning, swelling etc.

There. You summarized it already.

Don't you think you'll regret it afterwards?

^i am also in the NO camp for most of the reasons already mentioned above.

anyway, those piercings are so commonplace these days that it is not even "being bad" anymore. now being bad is not getting them (or it).

no one in particular said:
anyway, those piercings are so commonplace these days that it is not even "being bad" anymore. now being bad is not getting them (or it).

I don't know where you live, but here piercings are some sort of taboo. People don't really show off with the places they've put a tattoo (thank god!)

well, in the U.S., what I have described is seems true of most major metropolitan centers, especially among those around Dupree's age (late teens/early 20s). i just seem to see body piercings (tongue, navel, eyebrow, lip) all over. I assume that many also have more (usually) covered parts of their body done too.

Now out in the hinterlands...things may be a different story ;)

In no way Americans can be compared to Belgians. ;) (but I can imagine what you described)
Even Caesar called us the bravest. (I don't know if he was thinking of something along th elines of getting some body parts pierced, but the man said it!)

well, in the U.S., what I have described is seems true of most major metropolitan centers, especially among those around Dupree's age (late teens/early 20s). i just seem to see body piercings (tongue, navel, eyebrow, lip) all over. I assume that many also have more (usually) covered parts of their body done too.

Well, this is the thing - I don't really hang out with many people my age and I'm not one of these overtly hip types...I'm just, sorta, me. I have my ears pierced twice but that's all. I have no tattoos, I don't walk around with my ass and boobs hanging out. So I don't think people will look at me and go 'oh God, in ten years that piercing will be so over'.

Hmm, and as for regretting it Wolve, I think eventually it will just be part of me. I don't think I'll regret it, it'll just be there for better or worse.

I had a significant number of piercings when I was younger, and as time has gone on, I've taken quite a lot out as I've got bored of them or whatever, but they don't really scar, and if tastefull look good. I like piercings on a man, and I still have some myself. :D I have two tattoos, and I'm getting a couple more, but again, I've yhad them on my back wher I can cover them up as I want to. It's all personal choice. As for hurting... all of mine were numbed as they were done when it was still legal, so I can't comment.

Well, this is the thing - I don't really hang out with many people my age and I'm not one of these overtly hip types...I'm just, sorta, me. I have my ears pierced twice but that's all. I have no tattoos, I don't walk around with my ass and boobs hanging out. So I don't think people will look at me and go 'oh God, in ten years that piercing will be so over'.

Hmm, and as for regretting it Wolve, I think eventually it will just be part of me. I don't think I'll regret it, it'll just be there for better or worse.

All I can say: brave you! Goodluck when the day is near (and erm..this time no pictures needed ;) )

Everything you want to know about body piercings can be found here:
http://www.bmezine.com/pierce/bme-pirc.html
testimonial, pictures, explanations and diagrams of what the piercing is.

and here is a very recent article about a tragic piercing:

http://apnews.myway.com/article/20061027/D8L19CLG0.html

[FONT=Verdana,Sans-serif]Teen Has Breast Removed After Infection[/FONT]
Oct 27, 7:29 PM (ET)

CRAWFORDSVILLE, Ind. (AP) - A teenager who decided to get her breasts pierced for her 18th birthday faces reconstructive surgery after a flesh-destroying infection forced doctors to remove her left breast.
Stephanie Edington of Crawfordsville remained hospitalized Friday at the Indiana University Medical Center in Indianapolis, where surgeons also removed lymph nodes and infected skin up to her collar bone.
Dr. Robert Goulet Jr., a professor at the Indiana University Cancer Center, said the piercing created an entry point for the bacteria, but the procedure likely did not cause the infection itself. Edington is diabetic, which left her susceptible to infection, he said.
Doctors diagnosed Edington, who had the piercings on Aug. 29, with necrotizing fasciitis, or gas gangrene - a rare condition that results from rapid bacteria growth and leads to tissue destruction. It is only the third documented case in the world of gas gangrene in the breast area, Goulet told The Paper of Montgomery County.
She was in critical condition by the time she arrived at the hospital Oct. 14, Goulet said.
"By the time she got here, the skin tissue was all pretty much completely dead," he said. "She was a very sick kid when she got here."
Edington is on an aggressive antibiotic regimen and has already undergone three surgeries. She faces several more, including eventual breast reconstruction.
She said she was eager to be discharged but worries about what awaits her.
"I would like to get out, but I am scared of what people are going to be thinking," she said.
Edington's mother, Pamela Osban, said her daughter's illness has shaken their entire family. She worries about her daughter's future. "You have no idea what it's like to almost lose your daughter and then to make the decision to have one of her breasts removed," she said. "Some people say 'It's just a breast.' They aren't an 18-year old girl. It's devastating for her and for the family."

I hope Dupree is not diabetic ;)

I hope Dupree is not diabetic ;)

Well you say that but on a tv advert they said peeing frequently is a sign of diabeties and last night I got up to pee five times! I am slightly concerned...:confused:

Go and get checked. I'm sure it won't be, but it is worth having yourself looked at if you're worried.

Back
Top Bottom