Interview: Johnny Marr looks back on Electronic's debut album 30 years on

Eldritch

fail.

Did I say KU was those things?
Not in so many words. I just pointed out that while Marr was crafting his "safe dance music" "back in the day" into a stone cold classic album (the Electronic's debut), your God had just released an album that not even he himself has much respect for.

Ketamine Sun

HANG THEM HIGH VERONICA
Not in so many words. I just pointed out that while Marr was crafting his "safe dance music" "back in the day" into a stone cold classic album (the Electronic's debut), your God :rolleyes:had just released an album that not even he himself has much respect for.

‘stone cold classic’ ?! :laughing::rofl:

yeah it’s up there with Highway 61, Sticky Fingers, etc..

Get a grip.

A

Anonymous

while Marr was crafting his "safe dance music" "back in the day" into a stone cold classic album (the Electronic's debut)

:LOL: Barney Summer's lyrics haven't aged well. As for the music, Electronic were always playing catch-up. The album's entertaining enough, but it's no stone cold classic.

V

Vegan Cro Spirit .888

look back fondly to the first electronic album where :handpointright::guardsman::handpointleft:
had a normal wig, the newest one has the plastic strands coming down to
his 👃
:hammer:

Ketamine Sun

HANG THEM HIGH VERONICA
But apart from Morrissey, do you actuaaly like any music done after the seventies?

Yes of course.

And I’d like to add, when people ask me what music or bands I listen to, usually I don’t say The Smiths or Morrissey. I place them in a different unlabeled category, I can’t really explain why, not here at least.

Last edited:

Ketamine Sun

HANG THEM HIGH VERONICA
But apart from Morrissey, do you actuaaly like any music done after the seventies?

Like to share this. Was just listening
to this album ( from 2020) yesterday by Anna von Hausswolff, while walking some trails. Beautiful songs on this one, here’s some ...

:)

Last edited:

Eldritch

I like her too! I've always been into Swans, Sunno))) and Godspeed You! Black Emperor, that kind of drone metal gothic post-rock thing, and hers is a more feminine take on that sound. Not something I'd listen to that often, but when I do, I'm always intrigued.

Ketamine Sun

HANG THEM HIGH VERONICA
likely already familiar with this collaboration Sunn o))) and Scott Walker ? ....

I like her too! I've always been into Swans, Sunno))) and Godspeed You! Black Emperor, that kind of drone metal gothic post-rock thing, and hers is a more feminine take on that sound. Not something I'd listen to that often, but when I do, I'm always intrigued.

Tags
bernard summer electronic johnny marr
Top Bottom