Interpol's drummer, Sam Fogarino, mentioned their opening for Morrissey in Q&A - Austin Monthly Magazine (April 26, 2022)

Interpol’s drummer, Sam Fogarino, mentioned their opening for Morrissey during 2019 in a recent Austin Monthly Q&A. He has really kind words for Moz’s band!

It’s been nearly three years since Interpol played live. What was your last show before the world changed?​

The last show pre-pandemic was in November of 2019. I believe it was the Hollywood Bowl. It was opening for Morrissey, which was a bizarre experience.

What was Morrissey like?​

He had his own way of operating, but I will say, aside from his bizarre opinions in life, he can lay it down. He did some really cool classic ’60s covers that kind of thrust me back to childhood. And just hearing some reinterpretations of Smith songs that were very—as opposed to this claustrophobic indie rock thing—these were really conveyed in such a way that you’d never think you’d hear. His band is incredible. I’d jam with anyone of these guys. They’re just so… they come from the same background as you; there’s so much empathy for what they do.

Last edited by a moderator:
A strange experience." He had (Moz) a strange way of operating, apart from his strange opinions in life...' What are the strange opinions moz has in his life? What did this guy mean? :unsure: :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

The. Lady show was on Houston. It was at White Oak Music Hall. I was there it was right after the Hollywood Bowl

Appreciation for Morrissey you think?? Those notes: strange experiences and strange opinions in life was too much, it is as if everyone wants to get rid of Moz but at the same time they share or work with him, it is as if it is frowned upon to speak well of Moz. The guy should have praised Moz, because he praised the performance of Moz and band, but it was too much to allude to the strange ways of thinking of M....

I think it's a tough one because no one wants to be "cancelled" yet maybe if more performers/artists took a stand we might not be in this mess.

A strange experience." He had (Moz) a strange way of operating, apart from his strange opinions in life...' What are the strange opinions moz has in his life? What did this guy mean? :unsure: :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:
He will probably have meant Morrissey's decision to unequivocally endorse a right-wing (arguably far right) political party in 2018 and 2019. An endorsement yet to have been retracted. It sent shockwaves through the music world and has resulted in the loss of tens of thousands of fans judging by album and ticket sales. Morrissey's politics are totally muddled and all over the place, but his bonkers decision to go on record to urge support for a (far) right-wing group is what is firmly lodged in people's perceptions, wrongly or rightly (wrongly in my opinion). If you don't have right wing or far-right political views but want to express recent admiration for Morrissey it's understandable, if regrettable, that you would feel the need to issue some kind of disclaimer.

He will probably have meant Morrissey's decision to unequivocally endorse a right-wing (arguably far right) political party in 2018 and 2019. An endorsement yet to have been retracted. It sent shockwaves through the music world and has resulted in the loss of tens of thousands of fans judging by album and ticket sales. Morrissey's politics are totally muddled and all over the place, but his bonkers decision to go on record to urge support for a (far) right-wing group is what is firmly lodged in people's perceptions, wrongly or rightly (wrongly in my opinion). If you don't have right wing or far-right political views but want to express recent admiration for Morrissey it's understandable, if regrettable, that you would feel the need to issue some kind of disclaimer.

It was three years ago.

So, Interpol says do not think yourself. It's bizarre... Just do as you are told, and do not question anything, your government has the best intentions.

Apologies or not. In thirty years time, you’ll still be clinging to this ‘remember when Morrissey said…’ Do yourself a favor, and

let it go.

The headline of this thread should read "mentioned they're opening for Morrissey..." not "their opening..."

If one mentions their opening then one better be "wide to receive".

Morrissey's opinions are referred to as bizarre because it's just accepted sheep mentality to never question the practice of immigration or point out any problems that may arise due to its uncontrolled nature.

Now it is just the norm to be a bad detective, to never speak up, never do any research or investigation and follow the herd. If we've learned anything from Covid hysteria we have to at least acknowledge that the norm needs to be questioned. I am just sickened as to just how lazy people can be when it comes to speaking one's mind.

None of these people who accuse Morrissey and his ilk as far right ever qualify their own opinion on immigration whatsoever. They just flash their business card titled Refer to the herd.

Being well liked must really be priority numero uno for most people.

Last edited:
I'm not right or left, current politics seems like extreme shit to me!.! Regrettable but proven, and Morrissey can say whatever he wants, I'm a fan of Moz but when I don't like something I say it and I don't care about anything, many statements of his were taken out of context I don't think it's racist. In addition, the left leaves much to be desired, there are left-wing dictatorships... So I'm a fan of Moz and period and if I have to criticize something when it's wrong I do it!!!

Morrissey's opinions are referred to as bizarre because it's just accepted sheep mentality to never question the practice of immigration or point out any problems that may arise due to its uncontrolled nature.

Now it is just the norm to be a bad detective, to never speak up, never do any research or investigation and follow the herd. If we've learned anything from Covid hysteria we have to at least acknowledge that the norm needs to be questioned. I am just sickened as to just how lazy people can be when it comes to speaking one's mind.

None of these people who accuse Morrissey and his ilk as far right ever qualify their own opinion on immigration whatsoever. They just flash their business card titled Refer to the herd.

Being well liked must really be priority numero uno for most people.
If there is a lot of hypocrisy in people, . Most of them like to look good with everyone they say they repeat things with which they do not agree but as it looks good because everyone accepts you then they say it. Moz is outright and hateful to some who know that sometimes he is right, but it is wrong to say what you really think for fear of rejection from the masses. Being so frontal is one of the qualities of Moz that I like the most, I am like that and it brought me problems but it is authenticity!!!

The headline of this thread should read "mentioned they're opening for Morrissey..." not "their opening..."

If one mentions their opening then one better be "wide to receive".
"They're" not opening for him. They already did. Dipstick.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom