Interpol CD (thank you Target)

Discussion in 'Other Music archive (read-only)' started by dagenham don, Jul 10, 2007.

1. dagenham don

dagenham don Head in the clouds

It felt strange to purchase the new Interpol CD today at Target. I think this completes my transition to "thirty something step-dad." It was on-sale for $9.99.

I also found it odd that when I imported the CD into ITunes, it read the album title as Interpol and not Our Love to Admire. Did anyone else experience this?

By the way, I love the album.

2. 9 x Fined

9 x Fined Chip-Ite

I think hardcore Joy Division fans (myself included) have a tough time stomaching Interpol. But I will say Target seems like the perfect place to pick up their new album.

3. dagenham don

dagenham don Head in the clouds

I'm a hardcore Joy Division fan and I love Interpol. I think the similarities between Joy Division and Interpol are superficial (e.g., the guys voice). Interpol is much more poppy. In my opinion, it was Peter Hook's bass that gave Joy Division its unique sound. I don't think the bass lines in Interpol songs sound anything like Joy Division's. Interpol was obviously influenced by Joy Division, but they owe a lot to many other bands as well.

4. Camilla

Camilla New Member

I'm gonna go buy at Target, as is on sale and I get 3 itunes downloades for free.

5. bored

bored Lust a prima vista

The only song that i REALLY like on this album is "Who Do You Think?"

The rest of it just doesn't seem to go anywhere musically and often times lyrically.

6. Coiffeur_En_Flame

Coiffeur_En_Flame New Member

First single The Heinrich Maneuver is great. Been singing it all week. Must find guitar tabs...

Coiff.

7. Worm

Worm Taste the diffidence

Haha. Perfectly stated.

The "Joy Division sound" people talk about isn't the bass, it's the fact that the singer sounds like he escaped from a Joy Division tribute band. Young bands showing their influences is fine-- sounding like you're doing a very good karaoke imitation of Ian Curtis is not. The funniest thing is, I've read articles in which the singer claims not to be familiar with Joy Division. Uh-huh.

8. kill_uncle

kill_uncle Member

Home Page:
    http://www.rockabillyfever.com/
    2 stores where i live are charging $9.99,including HMV.

9. bored

bored Lust a prima vista

The music is ok but the lyrics are terrible.

"You wear your shoes like a dove"

Ugh.

10. Stitchell

Stitchell blah blah blah blah...

I've listened a few times, some really good tracks but nothing that stands out is great. Although, I do like "No I in Threesome", which I've yet to read a good review of!

11. Camilla

Camilla New Member

I really like Rest My Chemistry...I like the album alot actually, the first listen...I was a bit let down, but now is growing on me alot.