Interpol CD (thank you Target)

dagenham don

Head in the clouds
It felt strange to purchase the new Interpol CD today at Target. I think this completes my transition to "thirty something step-dad." It was on-sale for $9.99.

I also found it odd that when I imported the CD into ITunes, it read the album title as Interpol and not Our Love to Admire. Did anyone else experience this?

By the way, I love the album.

I think hardcore Joy Division fans (myself included) have a tough time stomaching Interpol. But I will say Target seems like the perfect place to pick up their new album.

I think hardcore Joy Division fans (myself included) have a tough time stomaching Interpol.

I'm a hardcore Joy Division fan and I love Interpol. I think the similarities between Joy Division and Interpol are superficial (e.g., the guys voice). Interpol is much more poppy. In my opinion, it was Peter Hook's bass that gave Joy Division its unique sound. I don't think the bass lines in Interpol songs sound anything like Joy Division's. Interpol was obviously influenced by Joy Division, but they owe a lot to many other bands as well.

I'm gonna go buy at Target, as is on sale and I get 3 itunes downloades for free.

The only song that i REALLY like on this album is "Who Do You Think?"

The rest of it just doesn't seem to go anywhere musically and often times lyrically.

I think hardcore Joy Division fans (myself included) have a tough time stomaching Interpol. But I will say Target seems like the perfect place to pick up their new album.

Haha. Perfectly stated.

The "Joy Division sound" people talk about isn't the bass, it's the fact that the singer sounds like he escaped from a Joy Division tribute band. Young bands showing their influences is fine-- sounding like you're doing a very good karaoke imitation of Ian Curtis is not. The funniest thing is, I've read articles in which the singer claims not to be familiar with Joy Division. Uh-huh.

First single The Heinrich Maneuver is great. Been singing it all week. Must find guitar tabs...

Coiff.

The music is ok but the lyrics are terrible.

"You wear your shoes like a dove"

Ugh.

I've listened a few times, some really good tracks but nothing that stands out is great. Although, I do like "No I in Threesome", which I've yet to read a good review of!

I really like Rest My Chemistry...I like the album alot actually, the first listen...I was a bit let down, but now is growing on me alot.

Back
Top Bottom