Internet dating; the biggest waste of time known to man (not to mention lady)

Meeting People: Internet v In Person

As there has been real relationships - even marriage that were kindled through Morrissey Solo... I have a question..

Is it better to meet somebody first and get to know them well later?

or...

Get to know them well first and meet them later? :rolleyes:

Re: Meeting People: Internet v In Person

I had a two year relationship with someone I met off the old Morrisseymusic.com website.She was one of the nicest people you could wish to meet, but sadly we lived too far apart.Plus, who the hell could put up with me?:eek: So yes, it can happen.:)

As there has been real relationships - even marriage that were kindled through Morrissey Solo... I have a question..

Is it better to meet somebody first and get to know them well later?

or...

Get to know them well first and meet them later? :rolleyes:

You know from day one when it's right.A little bit of magic dust gets dropped on both of you...:)

I had a two year relationship with someone I met off the old Morrisseymusic.com website.She was one of the nicest people you could wish to meet, but sadly we lived too far apart.Plus, who the hell could put up with me?:eek: So yes, it can happen.:)

how long did you chat for before meeting?

yes actually. ive been on there about 2 years, but ive only met 3 guys from there. i dont take it too seriously, and i hardly ever respond. lots of weirdos on there. :rolleyes::p i met one shortly after i joined, but it was just a fun meetup. neither of us were lookin for a relationship, but he was a cool guy. then i met someone a couple months ago and it went really well actually, but the status of that whole thing is still pending, but he's got potential. then i met someone last week actually and he was okay, but i didnt feel that spark, or whatever. but apparently HE did cuz he's been Iming me like everyday. i hate to hurt anyones feelings, but hey, what can you do?

edit: dude #2 just IMed me :)

Best of luck with Dude #2, Nugz! :)

hahahaha.

UPDATE: dude #2 turned out to be a weirdo! didnt work, incase anyone was wonderin...:rolleyes:. :cool::p

how long did you chat for before meeting?

Not very long actually.About a month.I am very intuitive about people (typical cancerian) and I knew very quickly she was a nice person.She took a big chance and came and stayed with me for a weekend.It could have been a disaster, but we clicked straight away.She was the most attentive adoring girlfriend a guy could have.I have not been out with anyone since.

Not very long actually.About a month.I am very intuitive about people (typical cancerian) and I knew very quickly she was a nice person.She took a big chance and came and stayed with me for a weekend.It could have been a disaster, but we clicked straight away.She was the most attentive adoring girlfriend a guy could have.I have not been out with anyone since.

She stayed the whole weekend after the bubble car incident?:eek::eek:

Nugz when I come to NY, keep an evening free, you know...

Well I ended up going out with someone who contacted me on myspace...

We first exchanged messages on there, then talked on MSN and then on the phone. We decided to meet up for a date of sorts and I was worried how our online/phone relationship would translate into reality so I arranged to meet him on a day I was going to Manchester to see a friend so I had an excuse to leave early if needs be. I met him, the chemistry was instantaneous and 9 hours later I got the train to my friends', feeling all happy which was a foreign emotion to me.

We had a few months of bliss together before he decided he would rather sleep with a 16 year old girl who he promptly left me for :tears:

Boooo to internet dating...or any type of dating for that matter. I'm OK by myself.

I dont think you'll be on your own forever.However, I agree.I like being on my own (sometimes!).Not all men are bastards.:)

Awww...sorry to hear that, Nugz. But, do you have any funny stories to share with us about Dude #2? :thumb:

haha not really. we just hung out again and it was awkward. i dont even know how to explain it. neither of us have tried to contact eachother since, haha. kinda funny actually cuz i wonder if he just thought i was strange or if he thinks he did something wrong and feels bad? no idea. but i dont really care, to be honest. he was too short anyway. :rolleyes:

shit, i wish i did have some funny stories, cuz i'd totally tell everyone. haha.

Nugz when I come to NY, keep an evening free, you know...

suurrrre :straightface:

Back
Top Bottom