Internet dating; the biggest waste of time known to man (not to mention lady)

surely not. there have to be some good relationships that started online right?

A few couples have met on this site....some now married with children....others living lives of misery :drama::rofl:

surely not. there have to be some good relationships that started online right?

there are indeed some good relationships that started online.
the internet dating companies will happily tell you all about those.

what they won't tell you about is the 99.93% of people who wasted ludicrous amounts of time/emotional energy on the stupid things!

unless you plan on meeting the people, yeah :crazy:
i mean i saved up a bunch of $ to go see someone far, far away :straightface:
but instead now i am going to New Zealand for a month :thumb: , so hey
if some form of "internet dating"(and what i was doing really was no that :o)
but if some form of that makes you save $, then its good :)
for most guys it is bad though and costs them $ :eek:
and really if they want to do that, they should just hire a hooker :cool:

ps: and talking to people online in anyway, "dating" or otherwise, should never take the place of real genuine human interaction :blushing:

what they won't tell you about is the 99.93% of people who wasted ludicrous amounts of time/emotional energy on the stupid things!

so .07% of those people would disagree with you.

But you could say that is just the case with relationships in general.How many dates turn out to lead to a long term relationship?
the odds are if its a relation that begun online or in person that most do not work out into anything long term.Very few people stay with the first person they ever met or dated.
Of course paying for some online company to find you your true love is a bit absurd.

Can somebody 'quote' what Explosive Kegs said above?
He / she has just joined the other muppets on here such as HIM / Corny Blaze and Paris Hilton on my ignore list:mock:

Jukebox Jury

But you could say that is just the case with relationships in general. How many dates turn out to lead to a long term relationship? the odds are if its a relation that begun online or in person that most do not work out into anything long term. Very few people stay with the first person they ever met or dated. Of course paying for some online company to find you your true love is a bit absurd.

yeah, but with a 'normal' date, you at least know you fancy each other by that point, even if it's not gonna lead to anything long term.
with internet dating, people (note cunning use of the third person!) spend an eternity browsing profiles and sending messages back and forth, and when they finally do get round to meeting up, the chances are there is absolutely no chemistry, and they have to spend an hour or two talking about their jobs, brothers & sisters, and how much they hate internet dating!

yeah, but with a 'normal' date, you at least know you fancy each other by that point, even if it's not gonna lead to anything long term.
with internet dating, people (note cunning use of the third person!) spend an eternity browsing profiles and sending messages back and forth, and when they finally do get round to meeting up, the chances are there is absolutely no chemistry, and they have to spend an hour or two talking about their jobs, brothers & sisters, and how much they hate internet dating!

You seem to know a lot about this, why not share with us a story? :D

I have had success and failure from both online and in person meetings.I have never used a dating site.

raccoon-01.jpg

Back
Top Bottom