Internet dating; the biggest waste of time known to man (not to mention lady)

Superhans

Banned
Well,she posts a lot on here so i assumed she was a Morrissey fan.

So again,i say sexy 16 year old or a Morrissey fan :)eek: )?

Edit: Ah I see what you mean now. I thought you were confusing the 16 year old for being a Morrissey fan.

I'd take Morrissey fan any day of the week.

Last edited:

nugz

SUPAHSTAR!
Indeed, it was! Very fun site. Actually, my Username on the site was "Pashernate"! :D

Are you familiar with OkCupid?

I also used PlentyOfFish for a few months. That site had some good forums.

yes actually. ive been on there about 2 years, but ive only met 3 guys from there. i dont take it too seriously, and i hardly ever respond. lots of weirdos on there. :rolleyes::p i met one shortly after i joined, but it was just a fun meetup. neither of us were lookin for a relationship, but he was a cool guy. then i met someone a couple months ago and it went really well actually, but the status of that whole thing is still pending, but he's got potential. then i met someone last week actually and he was okay, but i didnt feel that spark, or whatever. but apparently HE did cuz he's been Iming me like everyday. i hate to hurt anyones feelings, but hey, what can you do? :cool:

edit: dude #2 just IMed me :)

Last edited:

j funk

.co.uk
I think I've been on 1 date through sites like that. Met females through other internet channels (i.e. forums, hiiii girls :love:) and they were mainly mental.

I'm gonna get back on POF etc. but I do worry a really shit date will be a bigger waste of money than time. Basically it will involve drinking to loosen me up so that rules out a lot of things to do.

Disappointed

With Everything
yes actually. ive been on there about 2 years, but ive only met 3 guys from there. i dont take it too seriously, and i hardly ever respond. lots of weirdos on there. :rolleyes::p i met one shortly after i joined, but it was just a fun meetup. neither of us were lookin for a relationship, but he was a cool guy. then i met someone a couple months ago and it went really well actually, but the status of that whole thing is still pending, but he's got potential. then i met someone last week actually and he was okay, but i didnt feel that spark, or whatever. but apparently HE did cuz he's been Iming me like everyday. i hate to hurt anyones feelings, but hey, what can you do? :cool:

edit: dude #2 just IMed me :)

Best of luck with Dude #2, Nugz! :)

ellay mort

She told me she was a beer drinking, wing eating, football watching kind of girl and I was none of those things. Bye bye. :confused:

i thought you were going to say and SHE wasn't any of those things! you may have restored a tiny bit of faith in the straight male for me.

Oh my god. it's Robby!

spontaneously luminescent
Indeed, it was! Very fun site. Actually, my Username on the site was "Pashernate"! :D

Are you familiar with OkCupid?

I also used PlentyOfFish for a few months. That site had some good forums.

yes, ive not logged in for a long time, & yeah nugzie baby is there :love:
usually i log into make people get accounts to take the dating type test or the myers-brigg one :straightface:
however, i do know that more than 1 chick on there meets a bunch of guys that contacted them 1st on there
really weird to me, but whatever, i mean like this 1 chick i know screwed like 6 dudes she met on okcupid just last year! :eek:
after that, even i, dog that i am :o, kind of lost some interest in her :sick:
so basically i kind of think of "okcupid" as online "meat market"
which you would think i would be into, but i am just not :confused:

ps: no, no, no, i am not referring to nugz, this is someone i know in rl

j funk

.co.uk
l

If you are, try Faceparty. Full of slags.

Disappointed

With Everything
Wait....and you're taking him to the Aragon?
Was he a fan before, or are you in the process of trying to convert him?

Yes, I'm taking him to the Aragon. :D Before the tickets went on sale, I asked him if he wanted me to buy him one, too, and he said yes.

No, he isn't a fan, yet, but I'm working on him! On the night of the Oscars, we cuddled up and watched Who Put The 'M' in Manchester? together. A few days later, in the car, he told me that I should sing a Morrissey song, and sang the first two lines of "Everyday Is Like Sunday"! :D I was so proud of him.

I'm going to get him to watch Oye Esteban! next. ;)

He's a really wonderful man, and we both enjoy sharing our hobbies and interests with each other. I'm very lucky.

Disappointed

With Everything
yes, ive not logged in for a long time, & yeah nugzie baby is there :love:
usually i log into make people get accounts to take the dating type test or the myers-brigg one :straightface:
however, i do know that more than 1 chick on there meets a bunch of guys that contacted them 1st on there
really weird to me, but whatever, i mean like this 1 chick i know screwed like 6 dudes she met on okcupid just last year! :eek:
after that, even i, dog that i am :o, kind of lost some interest in her :sick:

ps: no, no, no, i am not referring to nugz, this is someone i know in rl

Yeah, I agree, there are many people (of all genders and sexual orientations) on OkCupid who are just looking for a bit of tail. I've had several married men e-mail or IM me on there in the past, for example. :sick: And that's fine, the people who just want no-strings-attached horizontal action need a place to meet, too.

But I have also found that OkCupid tends to attract highly intelligent people, for some reason. The first guy who I really dated from there had a Master's Degree, and my boyfriend has a PhD. in physics. Brainy men are sexy in the extreme. :love:

Top Bottom