Interesting bio on Kings Theater site

terrancestamp

Morrissey is a British singer-songwriter with a 40-plus year career spanning his solo work and his time as the singer and lyricist of The Smiths.

He has had 16 albums on the UK Top Ten charts, as well as having reached the US Top Ten and Top Twenty Album charts two and eight times, respectively. With his founding band, The Smiths, Morrissey has enjoyed an additional nine Top Ten albums. In 1991, Morrissey broke The Beatles' record for selling out the Hollywood Bowl. In 1994 his album "Your Arsenal" was Grammy nominated. Best Alternative Music Album.

Morrisey has received many accolades and distinctions in his career including being voted in 2006 the second Greatest Living British Icon by viewers of BBC Television, with Sir David Attenborough first and Sir Paul McCartney third. In 2007, Morrissey was voted The Greatest Northern Male in a nationwide newspaper poll. In 1998 he received an Ivor Novello Award for Outstanding Contribution to British Music from the British Academy of Songwriters, Composers and Authors. In 2012, Morrissey was awarded the Keys to the City of Tel Aviv.

Morrisey is the author of five books including Morrissey Autobiography (Penguin Classic, 2013) which became the second fastest-selling autobiography in British history. The book spent six weeks at number 1, five weeks at number 2, and four weeks at number 3, and continues on British bestseller lists. His novel List of the Lost was released in 2015.

Morrissey's songs have been covered by David Bowie, Nancy Sinatra, the Killers, Marianne Faithfull, Chrissie Hynde, My Chemical Romance, Thelma Houston, Christy Moore. Many major indie rock artists credit him with influencing their songwriting.

Born to working-class Irish immigrants in Davyhulme, Lancashire, Morrissey grew up in nearby Manchester and continues to perform internationally.

typo. Did this really need its own thread.

Is it? "Exit Smiling", "The New York Dolls", "James Dean Is Not Dead", "Autobiography" "List Of Lost"??

Who wrote this? Morrissey does not consider the first three books and even denied their existence at one point.

Is it? "Exit Smiling", "The New York Dolls", "James Dean Is Not Dead", "Autobiography" "List Of Lost"??

Who wrote this? Morrissey does not consider the first three books and even denied their existence at one point.

Typo or not, who cares who wrote the above.

Since the author of bio did not mention the titles of those earlier writings, it is why I called it a typo.

Typo or not, who cares who wrote the above.

Since the author of bio did not mention the titles of those earlier writings, it is why I called it a typo.
Call me an obsessive friend of Morrissey, but for someone in his camp to say that he wrote those books is a major faux pas. Off with their heads! They are fired on the spot!!

Back
Top Bottom