Institute Of Contemporary Arts (London) - Smithsfest (Mar. 29 - 30, 2013)

UPDATE Mar. 15:

Event reminder. From Uncleskinny:

Programme of events is up now: http://ica.org.uk/36715/Seasons/Smithsfest.html

http://www.ica.org.uk/36625/Live/Smithsfest.html

Smithsfest
29 March 2013 - 30 March 2013
Over a two day festival comprising talks, performance, art and film, Smithsfest will survey the artistic and cultural impact of The Smiths, one of the most iconic, seminal and controversial guitar bands in the history of pop music.

To their passionate fans, The Smiths are the greatest band in the history of rock music. Morrissey himself stated that “The Smiths were the last group of any importance” and they are key countercultural figures of 1980s Britain.

Smithsfest guests and participants are coming from across the country to pool their knowledge and passion. Highlights confirmed include the London debut of Salford lad Terry Christian’s solo show Naked Confessions of A Recovering Catholic; a double-bill of Taste of Honey & The Leather Boys introduced by Rita Tushingham, two films that she starred in and that were a huge influence on The Smiths. Mark Simpson, author of Saint Morrissey, will be in discussion exploring the question Morrissey: Saint or Sinner?

Get quiffed up with a Moz Makeover with Open Barbers, and confront MozTerMind: ask him anything about the Smiths/Morrissey and he knows the answer! DJs The Readers Wifes play a Smiths inspired set, plus an exhibition of exclusive Smiths and Morrissey photographs by legendary rock photographer Tom Sheehan.

Full details of the programme and ticketing will be released shortly.

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: Institute Of Contemporary Arts (London) - Smithsfest 29th & 30th March

Why is it in fackin Landon ?

My quiff looks great thanks to my great Camden Town hairdresser, Michael. I guess this is good for the new young fans who know less and they want to know more. However, it is being done in a very monarchical landscape rather that a more The Smiths one. I'm sure this will help the ICA to make money.

Why is it in fackin Landon ?

If its not in Manchester then just hold on to yer hard earned bread folks !!!! How would The Jam fans feel if they had to come to Manchester for the same shit ?
Skinny your a bell-end as far as this topic goes so button it and go and listen to solo-shit !

If its not in Manchester then just hold on to yer hard earned bread folks !!!! How would The Jam fans feel if they had to come to Manchester for the same shit ?
Skinny your a bell-end as far as this topic goes so button it and go and listen to solo-shit !

The Jam weren't from London, and Manchester does not own the Smiths

Will anyone be exploring the question - Mark Simpson, twat or tosser?

A "discussion salon"? Yup, that'll be the ICA...

Let me predict & summarise the "discussion salon" ~ Morrissey was golden and great {when we were young and thin}, Morrissey is now a racist Farage fancier {cos we are old and fat.}

Sign me up :rolleyes:

Back from this event. Top times all round. Amy Lame was fantastic as curator and host, the cabaret was terrific, the music, it goes without saying, was fabulous, veggie food all weekend, Terry Christian's show was surprisingly excellent, Rita Tushingham turned up to meet people, the Q&A was sold out, and Danny Kelly was a superb compere. All in all, a top weekend.

P.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom