Morrissey Central (Instagram) Morrissey comments re: Your Arsenal 30th (July 28, 2022)

Screenshot_20220728-144021~2.png

Update:
Now a Central post.
FWD.

Ok, it's a bit arrogant of Alain to want to call all the songs on the album his own but it also has to do with the juvenile urge that grips him at the thought of time.

Interesting how they all say ‘best’ and here are us little Mozzarellini Gremlins professing our love for Vauxhall at every chance.

Vauxhall and WPINOYB for the win 🏆

Edit - Your Arse an’ All is a very good album though and Mick Ronson evidentially changed the scope for them all.

World Peace was a great album then Morrissey got the face on and now it's basically lost.

He toured Arsenal, and so Arsenal is just above Vauxhall for me. And as beautiful as Vauxhall is, if he toured it and we had the chance to experience it live, then maybe I’d feel different about it. As great as they were, the Boxers shows were not a replacement.

As for World Peace ‘for the win’? I’m not gonna even touch that.
👆 - Vauxhall still the best album for me but good point about touring because those Boxers shows were definitely never to be replaced. World Peace clicks or doesn’t and for me it clicked.
World Peace was a great album then Morrissey got the face on and now it's basically lost.
It’ll stay buried and resurface as the great lost cause when he’s no more. Happens to all them… except Reed’s Metal Music Machine 🤭

"There are no modern songwriters to whom we can say
'no one but you could have written that song'."

Was tryin' to think of some.
One would be Craig Finn.

Best album? Dunno'. But the show at the Astoria in London in Dec was undoubtedly one of the best gigs I have ever seen. Up there with The Clash and McGeoch era Banshees. The band were on fire. And Morrissey is of course correct in what he says about contemporary pop music - pop culture in general. To a large extent, it has always been this way, made by committee, the difference today is that few people seem to care. Streaming and Insta' culture have made it ubiquitous and simply 'product'.

"There are no modern songwriters to whom we can say
'no one but you could have written that song'."

Was tryin' to think of some.
One would be Craig Finn.

Yikes. So hisssssssy. Plus...a dude as old as I am is hardly a candidate for "modern songwriter."

It can't go on.

He can't keep releasing vague statements to counteract Central posting a far right video or making a far right post - esp when it's so vague it could be a defense.

The music industry would let him back in - but it's not going to let Central in.
There you go again. You are obsessed with the far right. You see them everywhere. I'm worried for your mental health.
You would have blended right in, in Salem, circa 1692...

Last edited:
And Richard Hawley!
He’s great, but is he modern? Isn’t he pushing 60? I think Moz was referring to songwriters in their 30’s or younger.

Interesting how they all say ‘best’ and here are us little Mozzarellini Gremlins professing our love for Vauxhall at every chance.

Vauxhall and WPINOYB for the win 🏆

Edit - Your Arse an’ All is a very good album though and Mick Ronson evidentially changed the scope for them all.
I do agree that Vauxhall is better than Your Arsenal. But Your Arsenal is way better than World Peace.

A strong criticism of modern music, symbolized by, among others, Miley Cyrus :highfive:

Morrissi. Duude. I'mma spell it out for you. It will make this thread last longer. Y.o.u.... okay, faster! faster.

You're the old world. The new world is not yet here, the old world is taking an awful long time to die. Looks like you haven't noticed we're all stuck in the in-between. What's gonna happen is, we're all going to die of thirst and heat and starve, after all the other animals have gone. Then the new world won't need you. It might still need arsetits one day, but nothing like you anyway. What the world will need is people who whistle well around campfires, peeps like that.
The nonsense of Fame will be gone. Vegas will be gone, mate. Maybe even before you shuffle.

The time you long for is not coming back. As far as your harmony of opinions, well, look at it this way matey, for years you've been erring on the side of: killers, misogyns, racists, fascists, rapists, climate change deniers, and the jury is still out on paedos, and still most people don't really hate you, just see you as their embarrassing great-aunt as unimaginative journalists keep saying, and they let you live.

Can't you just leave it at that? Shouldn't you be glad you made so much music? With such talented people (no, not him. Or him. And certainly not him!)? Oh by the way, speaking of nourishment, all I know is, you seem to have bitten a lot more hands than I ever did. And I like chewing on a postman before lunch.

You've got enough money for a trip to Mars, you've got all the male thickos you'll ever need around you, you still have a handful of fanatics, can't you just relax behind the curtain and stop lying to yourself? You're a distant memory. The world doesn't really need you anymore. And did it ever? Come on. What good have you done to anyone, really? Have you ever been more than a willowy whiner? A spokesman for self-indulgence? A big mouth outside but for many things inside, a coward? If you have I never noticed.

Have you ever helped a little Mexican to grow? (shut up, Jesse.)

You know what you should do, grampi: you should write an open letter to Kendrick Lamarr as a sort of testament. Tell him how you really feel?

Last edited:

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom