Morrissey Central (Instagram) Morrissey comments re: Your Arsenal 30th (July 28, 2022)

Screenshot_20220728-144021~2.png

Update:
Now a Central post.
FWD.

From another thread, but relevant:

Alain & Gary's comments yesterday.

Screenshot_20220728-144523~2.png
Screenshot_20220728-144612~2.png

FWD.

Wonderfully yearning call from Alain for his old bandmates. If the Stray Cats could have a blast recently, why can't The Spiders Fom Morrissey?
Life is (too) short.

Last edited:
"Elevating", my @rse.:lbf:

"Yours" arsenal...? As in "up"?
Well, exactly.

i wonder if mark e nevin feels the same as alain, wishing he'd wrote the entire album and didn't have to share? sheesh man

The beginning of his statement sounds almost like the one he made at Frankie Foes to Hollywood, back in the eighties.

i wonder if mark e nevin feels the same as alain, wishing he'd wrote the entire album and didn't have to share? sheesh man

Yeah, I don’t really know what Alain means by that line. Hope he didn’t mean it in the way it can come off as petty. Those two Nevin songs are killer. Though I would love to hear what the original demos sounded like to see the evolution of them, what Ronson and the band did with them.

there’s this though …

Last edited:
It can't go on.

He can't keep releasing vague statements to counteract Central posting a far right video or making a far right post - esp when it's so vague it could be a defense.

The music industry would let him back in - but it's not going to let Central in.

I mean, Morrissey's right, to an extent: chart pop music is very much more likely to be written by consensus now, by teams instead of by little gangs of freaks and misfits, and that has smoothed away so many of its edges. We've definitely lost that.

And there's just so much of it! But for me that makes it more fun to find the gems that are still out there, doing their own thing, from mainstream stars like Sam Fender to indie bands like Quivers, or from glaive to Orville Peck and Big Thief.

Interesting how they all say ‘best’ and here are us little Mozzarellini Gremlins professing our love for Vauxhall at every chance.

Vauxhall and WPINOYB for the win 🏆

Edit - Your Arse an’ All is a very good album though and Mick Ronson evidentially changed the scope for them all.

Interesting how they all say ‘best’ and here are us little Mozzarellini Gremlins professing our love for Vauxhall at every chance.

Vauxhall and WPINOYB for the win 🏆

Edit - Your Arse an’ All is a very good album though and Mick Ronson evidentially changed the scope for them all.

He toured Arsenal, and so Arsenal is just above Vauxhall for me. And as beautiful as Vauxhall is, if he toured it and we had the chance to experience it live, then maybe I’d feel different about it. As great as they were, the Boxers shows were not a replacement.

As for World Peace ‘for the win’? I’m not gonna even touch that.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom