Morrissey Central (Instagram) Morrissey comments re: Your Arsenal 30th (July 28, 2022)

Screenshot_20220728-144021~2.png

Update:
Now a Central post.
FWD.

Another problem with music now is there is no human being making it just lifeless studio magic & computer techno logic.Or anything that the media want’s us to buy on algorithms throughout Spotify.It just feel‘s so soulless and empty so is it any wonder why young people now hated it Just as much as old folk.It has became a water down version of what it once was so stale and robotic and all sound’s the same.Plus artist now are afraid too be them and express a opinion in case it offends,or does not go with today’s norm or it‘s canceled or look’s out of place In the time we live.

Is it any wonder why people are going back too Kate Bush again.

Last edited:
Another problem with music now is there is no human being making it just lifeless studio magic & computer techno logic.Or anything that the media want’s us to buy on algorithms throughout Spotify.It just feel‘s so soulless and empty so is it any wonder why young people now hated it Just as much as old folk.It has became a water down version of what it once was so stale and robotic and all sound’s the same.Plus artist now are afraid too be them and express a opinion in case it offends,or does not go with today’s norm or it‘s canceled or look’s out of place In the time we live.

This is only true when it comes to commercial music. The underground and the truly alternative scene is doing more than well.

This is only true when it comes to commercial music. The underground and the truly alternative scene is doing more than well.
Well you have it right the only way people can make a living out of music now is playing for fun on YouTube and playing too a small bunch of followers.

Or lucky too get your music played on something in a background in a extreme sport film Or someone’s home vlog.

But sadly they can‘t make any big money doing it or get payed at all.

Or if Love Island or Kyle Jenner has not heard of you.

Last edited:
The odd new artist come now & again but get little mention & hype like they would have in the past.As some mentioned,Sam Fender & Colin Macloud,S10,Amanda Tenfjord,Sea Atlas,MUSTII,Kid Noize,Froukje,Fc fontaines, Khruangbin,Gerry Cinnamon & some more but they get forgot about fast sadly or not alot of airtime and media attention.Or just too complex & too intellectual for the Tik Tok heads of this world too understand them.

What a moaning crybaby. Just make your music and enjoy it. Shape the industry by writing good songs that grab attention. You can’t understand why you are not more popular, and why today’s sound works for who buys it. So you wine that your act doesn’t get the credit it deserves. He can’t blame himself for how his act has worn out so many people. He has had a decent run of not cancelling shows, or making stupid racist comments, or his diet demands for the crowd in a freekin festival he is part of. He can’t understand where he lost his legitimate voice and won’t look in a mirror. This can fix but he won’t do it. He needs to do a real trial at Smiths/Morrisey greatest hits show for larger crowds at very cheap prices, in ev major city. Get in front of regular people again, and play. Then fan only email, 400 people secret shows in Hollywood, NY, London. Just 1 every 6 months somewhere. Then the stand at Caesar’s, would sell. He always refused to sell-out and is complaining he isn’t getting what people who do are getting. He needs to never cancel/flake on a show and drop the diva act. He has burned too many people to expect things coming his way.

Usual monotone drivelling. Nothing new or interesting here.

The irony of stating there is only room for one opinion in relation to attacking people who have different opinions to him.

I see many opinions out there including his chicken out vague between the lines monologues and many opinions that speak out against other opinions.

I don’t see one opinion. There are many artists and bands who speak out with their views on life. All different.

Do you want everyone to just agree with your opinion? The irony.

Ironic in the same few days he said one of his songs used a sample of Olivia Newton John. Oh damn those computers and technology.

People have been using tech and computers in music since the 60s/70s and dinosaurs have been moaning about it ever since.

The odd new artist come now & again but get little mention & hype like they would have in the past.As some mentioned,Sam Fender & Colin Macloud,S10,Amanda Tenfjord,Sea Atlas,MUSTII,Kid Noize,Froukje,Fc fontaines, Khruangbin,Gerry Cinnamon & some more but they get forgot about fast sadly or not alot of airtime and media attention.Or just too complex & too intellectual for the Tik Tok heads of this world too understand them.
There are plenty of great new artists out there is you care to get your head out of the sand

Idles, Porridge Radio, Wet Leg, the list is pretty big right now.

Ironic in the same few days he said one of his songs used a sample of Olivia Newton John. Oh damn those computers and technology.

People have been using tech and computers in music since the 60s/70s and dinosaurs have been moaning about it ever since.

As long as we all know, Morrissey wasn’t criticizing technology.

As long as we all know, Morrissey wasn’t criticizing technology.
And I wasn’t criticising Morrissey. I was criticising La Villain who posted the criticism of tech in music.

Instead of leaping onto blinkered defence triggers take a breath first

And I wasn’t criticising Morrissey. I was criticising La Villain who posted the criticism of tech in music.

Instead of leaping onto blinkered defence triggers take a breath first

No need to get so upset. I didn’t say you were criticizing Morrissey.

You said …

Ironic in the same few days he said one of his songs used a sample of Olivia Newton John. Oh damn those computers and technology.’

Which can easily be read as you wrongly criticizing Morrissey. I know you were not.

There are plenty of great new artists out there is you care to get your head out of the sand

Well it’s subjective. I wouldn’t call those you listed above ‘great’ at all. Maybe we also have a different definition of the word great and how it’s being used here.

Oh, Dios mio! Sorry to have to tell you this but these are not great new artists. I would struggle to use the word "artist" too. As for the list being "pretty big right now", you're SO wrong. I had a pretty big (shopping) list today - was worn out carrying the stuff back in the heat! Ta ra for now

Well it’s subjective. I wouldn’t call those you listed above ‘great’ at all. Maybe we also have a different definition of the word great and how it’s being used here.
Indeed it is subjective

I wouldn’t say anything Morrissey has done in the last 10 years is “great” either.

Everything written on this forum is subjective.

Oh, Dios mio! Sorry to have to tell you this but these are not great new artists. I would struggle to use the word "artist" too. As for the list being "pretty big right now", you're SO wrong. I had a pretty big (shopping) list today - was worn out carrying the stuff back in the heat! Ta ra for now
In your opinion of course.

In mine the work done by those artists in the past couple of years is far greater than anything Morrissey has done in the past 10 years.

Unless you would like to state in your opinion what is great from Morrissey recently that also puts him on the “great” shopping list and why?

In your opinion of course.

In mine the work done by those artists in the past couple of years is far greater than anything Morrissey has done in the past 10 years.

Unless you would like to state in your opinion what is great from Morrissey recently that also puts him on the “great” shopping list and why?
Yes, in my opinion. I do respect your opinion too, but why do you insist on calling the bands you mention "artists"? They've been around two minutes! I honestly don't think any of those bands you mention have done anything "far greater" than Morrissey "in the past 10 years", probably not "far greater" than anyone, if truth be told...but, agreeing with you, Morrissey has not released anything great of late either...but he definitely HAS throughout his career.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom