Infowars / Paul Joseph Watson "Morrissey: Diversity is Conformity" (November 30, 2022)

It's ridiculous to say Morrissey doesn't understand youtube has an impact, he understands social media and he just did an interview posted to youtube, ffs. You are always infantalizing him.
In don't know how well he understands social media, but I'm very confident he spends a lot of time on YouTube.

Old white guy hates diversity. What a conformist view.
When did he say he “hates diversity”? He said that over the years diversity has become conformity… which it has. You’re proven his point in your snide, boring, and overly regurgitated comment.
I’d suggest “white knighting” somewhere else.

My mother still lives [in Manchester], I can’t recognize the town. Everything has been restored. It’s an incredible town, where people are stylish, sexy. When I was younger, it was a depressive, dark town...

(Morrissey, Les Inrockuptibles, 19 May 2004, translation by Guillaume Deleurence)
Clutching at straws. Everyone and his cat knows what Morrissey would think about the recent census and the unprecedented change in identity and culture it relates. He would lament it. Most rational people lament it and are concerned about it. People who haven't been infected by the virus of woke, that is. But you wouldn't think that from the mainstream media. Britain is just one big happy multicultural melting pot. The really sad thing? Because the mainstream media doesn't talk about it and completely suppresses any discussion on the matter - the only people who do comment on it are whiny self-publicists like PJW. That's the saddest thing of all. But it is clear that Moz will go on commenting on it. He is of the people - he made that very clear in the interview. It was very striking that he said that. What would you do if you weren't afraid?

And how is that going to be furthered by more diversity in the record industry?
What exactly are you trying to tell me? I'm trying to understand how he gets from the music industry to individual nations. Is there a reason to build this bridge and don't you see in it a dangerous proximity to one of his core theses from the Spiegel interview in 2017. Preserve the (cultural) identity of the individual European countries!

When did he say he “hates diversity”? He said that over the years diversity has become conformity… which it has. You’re proven his point in your snide, boring, and overly regurgitated comment.
I’d suggest “white knighting” somewhere else.
I think he is suggesting that the idea that 'diversity', especially ethnic diversity, brings some sort of automatic virtue to a particular society is absurd. Areas of the world with very diverse populations and cultures / religions tend to have more wars and conflict. That is just a fact of history.
But he's also suggesting that the supposed virtue of 'diversity' - ensuring that people offered jobs, or book deals, or recording contracts, or whatever, are not all 'cis-gendered white men' is really just a way of ensuring that anyone offered jobs, or book deals, or recording contracts, or whatever, buy into the religion of woke and are 'on message'. You have to conform to the ideology if you want to do well and get on in life. Anyone trying to get a job at university, or in the public sector, or in the arts, knows that this is the case. If The Smiths were just starting out now, in 2022, would they get a record contract, as 4 white men from Manchester? They could well be passed over as not 'diverse' or 'urban' enough. If JK Rowling had never written a book before, but had just tweeted, would she get her first book published if she went to a publisher now in 2022? Of course not. 'Diversity' is a smokescreen to push a very specific ideology that is really just a form of McCarthyism. That's the point I think he is trying to make.

Last edited:
Clutching at straws. Everyone and his cat knows what Morrissey would think about the recent census and the unprecedented change in identity and culture it relates. He would lament it. Most rational people lament it and are concerned about it. People who haven't been infected by the virus of woke, that is. But you wouldn't think that from the mainstream media. Britain is just one big happy multicultural melting pot. The really sad thing? Because the mainstream media doesn't talk about it and completely suppresses any discussion on the matter - the only people who do comment on it are whiny self-publicists like PJW. That's the saddest thing of all. But it is clear that Moz will go on commenting on it. He is of the people - he made that very clear in the interview. It was very striking that he said that. What would you do if you weren't afraid?

That's entirely your own opinion.

I think he is suggesting that the idea that 'diversity', especially ethnic diversity, brings some sort of automatic virtue to a particular society is absurd. Areas of the world with very diverse populations and cultures / religions tend to have more wars and conflict. That is just a fact of history.
But he's also suggesting that the supposed virtue of 'diversity' - ensuring that people offered jobs, or book deals, or recording contracts, or whatever, are not all 'cis-gendered white men' is really just a way of ensuring that anyone offered jobs, or book deals, or recording contracts, or whatever, buy into the religion of woke and are 'on message'. You have to conform to the ideology if you want to do well and get on in life. Anyone trying to get a job at university, or in the public sector, or in the arts, knows that this is the case. If The Smiths were just starting out now, in 2022, would they get a record contract, as 4 white men from Manchester? They could well be passed over as not 'diverse' or 'urban' enough. If JK Rowling had never written a book before, but had just tweeted, would she get her first book published if she went to a publisher now in 2022? Of course not. 'Diversity' is a smokescreen to push a very specific ideology that is really just a form of McCarthyism. That's the point I think he is trying to make.

That again is entirely your own opinion.

He has said many times what he means by the lack of diversity in the music industry - he said to Der Spiegel in November 2017:

You may look at them, the popular charts everywhere and think, oh this is disgraceful, I don't care about these people, all of these songs are the same, it's all marketing marketing marketing and there's no discovery any more. Because everybody... the content is the same with everybody, the way they use their voice, the way they record themselves, the content is exactly the same...

What exactly are you trying to tell me? I'm trying to understand how he gets from the music industry to individual nations. Is there a reason to build this bridge and don't you see in it a dangerous proximity to one of his core theses from the Spiegel interview in 2017. Preserve the (cultural) identity of the individual European countries!

It's not his core thesis and all he was saying is that a country needs to have some shared language, laws and values (he picked liberty as an example) in order for people to get on with each other - so just flinging open the border wasn't a great idea.

you don’t share any language, you don’t share any laws, you don’t share the same sense of liberty.

...it’s not easy to blend, uhh, people together and just assume that they will get on

It's not controversial at all - it's only because it was heavily edited & he already had this myth that he was connected to the National Front hanging over him that the reaction was so wildly disproportionate.

Having a distinctive identity doesn't mean that everyone in a country has to be the same - it just means you're not exactly the same as other places - like one giant shopping centre.

Having more diversity in music wouldn't lead to anything about immigration unless he was demanding that everyone only sings the traditional folk music associated with their ancestors in the place it originated & he's not even close to that.

That again is entirely your own opinion.

He has said many times what he means by the lack of diversity in the music industry - he said to Der Spiegel in November 2017:

You may look at them, the popular charts everywhere and think, oh this is disgraceful, I don't care about these people, all of these songs are the same, it's all marketing marketing marketing and there's no discovery any more. Because everybody... the content is the same with everybody, the way they use their voice, the way they record themselves, the content is exactly the same...
That is your interpretation of what he meant when he mentioned 'diversity' in the interview with FD. And then you quote an interview from 2017 to justify your interpretation? I thought what he said a few years ago, Karen, is meant to be forgotten and ignored? That is what you have made quite clear in several posts. He mentioned Douglas Murray favourably several years ago - so we shouldn't quote that now as evidence of Moz's current thinking.
What else are we doing here but expressing our own opinions? It's a fan website. Expressing our opinions / thoughts / experiences of all things Moz is what the site is for.

That is your interpretation of what he meant when he mentioned 'diversity' in the interview with FD. And then you quote an interview from 2017 to justify your interpretation? I thought what he said a few years ago, Karen, is meant to be forgotten and ignored? That is what you have made quite clear in several posts. He mentioned Douglas Murray favourably several years ago - so we shouldn't quote that now as evidence of Moz's current thinking.
What else are we doing here but expressing our own opinions? It's a fan website. Expressing our opinions / thoughts / experiences of all things Moz is what the site is for.

I quoted what he said about homogeneity in the music industry.

You're just waffling.

I quoted what he said about homogeneity in the music industry.

You're just waffling.
You quoted it in relation to your interpretation (i.e. 'opinion') of what Moz meant when he used the word 'diversity'. Quoting an interview from 2017 doesn't make your interpretation of Moz's thinking any more valid than anyone else's. And you have made clear anyway that quoting old interviews is redundant.
You had better keep your yoga mat ready, Karen. I reckon Moz is enjoying finding his voice again. I think he will have more to say on 'diversity'. He clearly isn't afraid. More mental gymnastics for you. You deserve a gold medal. :lbf:

You quoted it in relation to your interpretation (i.e. 'opinion') of what Moz meant when he used the word 'diversity'. Quoting an interview from 2017 doesn't make your interpretation of Moz's thinking any more valid than anyone else's. And you have made clear anyway that quoting old interviews is redundant.
You had better keep your yoga mat ready, Karen. I reckon Moz is enjoying finding his voice again. I think he will have more to say on 'diversity'. He clearly isn't afraid. More mental gymnastics for you. You deserve a gold medal. :lbf:

The quote is Morrissey's opinion on the lack of diversity in the music industry.

The quote is Morrissey's opinion on the lack of diversity in the music industry.

Why do you think Central has posted the link to Paul Watsons site? These are Watsons views on immigration and other things.

Far-right YouTuber and former Infowars editor Paul Joseph Watson said he would like Jewish people to be wiped off the face of the Earth, in an exclusive recording obtained by Byline Times.

In the recording, made during a party and shared with this newspaper by an anonymous source, 39-year-old Watson can be heard saying: “I really think you should press the button to wipe Jews off the face of the Earth.”

Immigration​

Watson is anti-immigration.[51][1] He has claimed[52] that "Malmö is known as 'Sweden's Chicago'" due to mass immigration into the country.[53] According to a study published in Critical Studies in Media Communication, this claim is false.[54]

In 2022, Watson used the murder of a Jewish man in Paris to attack French President Emmanuel Macron and France's African migrant communities.[10]

Why do you think Central has posted the link to Paul Watsons site? These are Watsons views on immigration and other things.

Far-right YouTuber and former Infowars editor Paul Joseph Watson said he would like Jewish people to be wiped off the face of the Earth, in an exclusive recording obtained by Byline Times.

In the recording, made during a party and shared with this newspaper by an anonymous source, 39-year-old Watson can be heard saying: “I really think you should press the button to wipe Jews off the face of the Earth.”

Immigration​

Watson is anti-immigration.[51][1] He has claimed[52] that "Malmö is known as 'Sweden's Chicago'" due to mass immigration into the country.[53] According to a study published in Critical Studies in Media Communication, this claim is false.[54]

In 2022, Watson used the murder of a Jewish man in Paris to attack French President Emmanuel Macron and France's African migrant communities.[10]

What Paul has said isn't what Morrissey has said.

His interview was with Fiona.

Morrissey's crew doesn't share the political posts.

SER basically shrugs when asked why they're posted.

I can only guess - but the most likely options are that SER has been radicalised and it's so chronic he doesn't care what damage he does to Morrissey or someone has convinced him that the way to vindicate Morrissey is to attack the Guardian's stances on immigration.

Edit: of course the other option is "lad" not taking this seriously enough.

20221203_125928.jpg

20221203_131919.jpg

Last edited:
It's been posted before & it's been posted to Sam & so far he doesn't seem to agree that people will associate Morrissey with PJW... hopefully someone gets him to see the light.
It's been posted to Sam = you have posted it to Sam?
That's funny. Your contribution to the entertainment value of visiting Moz Solo is considerable. Please keep it up.

Immigration​

Everyone can be 'racist'. Everyone is capable of racism. It is known to all skin colours and all ethnic groups. We are all drawn to people who look and think like us. That is a fact of biology and psychology. We all have our biases and prejudices, handed down to us by our parents usually, or encouraged in us by our neighbors or peer groups.
Racism and ethnic prejudice have been a given throughout human history. Every civilisation has conquered and enslaved other civilisations. Western civilisation in the 19th century was the first civilisation in the history of the world to ban slavery. That is unknown in human history. It is an amazing event in human development and progress. PJW seems to be quite fond of defending Western civilisation and its achievements - against the accusation that it is all totally evil and oppressive. Slavery is still very much with us of course - there are millions more trapped in 'modern slavery' than there ever were. And yet, rather than putting our energy into doing something about it, we seem more determined to obsess about the Transatlantic Slave Trade as some totem of white sin, while we continue to buy those Nike trainers made by modern child slaves in Asia. Funny that, isn't it? Where the big corporations want us to focus our attention on?
There is a very clear attempt in the mainstream media to assert that anyone who criticises mass immigration is 'racist' - and thereby infer that criticising mass immigration means you must be racist. That's the strategy to stifle debate and shut people up. They did it to Morrissey - but he was able to fight it in court. We all know that those 2 assertions aren't true. I have no idea what Mr Watson really thinks about particular ethnic groups. People say all sorts of things that they may or may not mean, or may or may not be proud of. But there is nothing he has said in any of the videos posted by Moz Central that could be construed as 'racist' or 'anti-semitic'. They wouldn't be on YouTube if there were. And as I said, when you suppress the opinion of pretty much everybody else, the only people left are the shouty self-publicists of this world. Still, who would you prefer Moz Central posts videos from? Owen Jones? Ash Sarkar? Stephen Hofmann in an earlier post described the irritation factor of Mr Watson very well I thought. But give me PJW and his whiny voice over those 2 twats any day of the week.

Everyone can be 'racist'. Everyone is capable of racism. It is known to all skin colours and all ethnic groups. We are all drawn to people who look and think like us. That is a fact of biology and psychology. We all have our biases and prejudices, handed down to us by our parents usually, or encouraged in us by our neighbors or peer groups.
Racism and ethnic prejudice have been a given throughout human history. Every civilisation has conquered and enslaved other civilisations. Western civilisation in the 19th century was the first civilisation in the history of the world to ban slavery. That is unknown in human history. It is an amazing event in human development and progress. PJW seems to be quite fond of defending Western civilisation and its achievements - against the accusation that it is all totally evil and oppressive. Slavery is still very much with us of course - there are millions more trapped in 'modern slavery' than there ever were. And yet, rather than putting our energy into doing something about it, we seem more determined to obsess about the Transatlantic Slave Trade as some totem of white sin, while we continue to buy those Nike trainers made by modern child slaves in Asia. Funny that, isn't it? Where the big corporations want us to focus our attention on?
There is a very clear attempt in the mainstream media to assert that anyone who criticises mass immigration is 'racist' - and thereby infer that criticising mass immigration means you must be racist. That's the strategy to stifle debate and shut people up. They did it to Morrissey - but he was able to fight it in court. We all know that those 2 assertions aren't true. I have no idea what Mr Watson really thinks about particular ethnic groups. People say all sorts of things that they may or may not mean, or may or may not be proud of. But there is nothing he has said in any of the videos posted by Moz Central that could be construed as 'racist' or 'anti-semitic'. They wouldn't be on YouTube if there were. And as I said, when you suppress the opinion of pretty much everybody else, the only people left are the shouty self-publicists of this world. Still, who would you prefer Moz Central posts videos from? Owen Jones? Ash Sarkar? Stephen Hofmann in an earlier post described the irritation factor of Mr Watson very well I thought. But give me PJW and his whiny voice over those 2 twats any day of the week.

Again - this is your opinion on mass immigration & left-wingers.

It's not his core thesis and all he was saying is that a country needs to have some shared language, laws and values (he picked liberty as an example) in order for people to get on with each other - so just flinging open the border wasn't a great idea.

you don’t share any language, you don’t share any laws, you don’t share the same sense of liberty.

...it’s not easy to blend, uhh, people together and just assume that they will get on

It's not controversial at all - it's only because it was heavily edited & he already had this myth that he was connected to the National Front hanging over him that the reaction was so wildly disproportionate.

Having a distinctive identity doesn't mean that everyone in a country has to be the same - it just means you're not exactly the same as other places - like one giant shopping centre.

Having more diversity in music wouldn't lead to anything about immigration unless he was demanding that everyone only sings the traditional folk music associated with their ancestors in the place it originated & he's not even close to that.

Okay. I like to ask you again in this context. Is it necessary then to call Berlin a rape capital and to formulate your cultural defense thought even more extreme?
The culture of Africa and the Middle East is so exciting, wild and different but please do not change anything here in our Europe. Stay where you is. Even if we have bragged for decades with our lavish wealth and almost invited; have awakened desires. Our protagonist, an old, white, bitter and isolated man, makes it very easy to look down from above on the chessboard to say "I don't like that".

Okay. I like to ask you again in this context. Is it necessary then to call Berlin a rape capital and to formulate your cultural defense thought even more extreme?

The culture of Africa and the Middle East is so exciting, wild and different but please do not change anything here in our Europe. Stay where you is. Even if we have bragged for decades with our lavish wealth and almost invited; have awakened desires. Our protagonist, an old, white, bitter and isolated man, makes it very easy to look down from above on the chessboard to say "I don't like that".

Where did Morrissey say he wanted the cultures of Africa and the Middle East to change? I get that he wants every place anywhere to retain their traditions and identities, except of course he has strong views on animal rights, which would logically color his views on any practices that would hurt animals.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom