Information regarding the Morrissey Billboard

The Seeker of Good Songs

I contacted the outdoor advertising company that put up the billboard and asked them if it was possible to aquire the sign after the advertising time was up, instead of it being thrown in the trash or something.

The replay back was that all old vinyl signage gets shipped off to places that need shelter relief, such as Mexico or in the US places damaged by huricanes etc.

So, some (un)fortunate person in Mexico may be getting a Morrissey roof for his tin house.

I contacted the outdoor advertising company that put up the billboard and asked them if it was possible to aquire the sign after the advertising time was up, instead of it being thrown in the trash or something.

The replay back was that all old vinyl signage gets shipped off to places that need shelter relief, such as Mexico or in the US places damaged by huricanes etc.

So, some (un)fortunate person in Mexico may be getting a Morrissey roof for his tin house.

Those signs are made of vinyl? They're not just weatherproof paper plastered on? They used to be, at least in the 80s, because you'd often see them falling apart at the seams.

Those signs are made of vinyl? They're not just weatherproof paper plastered on? They used to be, at least in the 80s, because you'd often see them falling apart at the seams.

If you look close at some, you can see wrinkles in the corners where they don't fit properly, stretched or such.

Different signs are of course of differing material, but I don't think many are "wallpaper" anymore.

Some are painted on. All depend on the length of time the ad is to be up.

The Morrissey one would be great for hanging on the side of a rural barn. Like the old days when Coke or Pepsi and such painted ads on places like that.

Back
Top Bottom