Information regarding reports of 'retirement' - true-to-you.net

Right on. Censoring actually would take extra work and time which I would rather put to something else.

Who do you consider a real friend, the person that is honest and open with their opinions or the person that says only supportive things to make you feel good about yourself?

You are missing the point. Let me put it in REAL world terms. The NME USED to write positively about Morrissey, then they turned on him, he sued them and they apologized. Morrissey-Solo USED to be an appreciation site of the artiste Morrissey, but then ANYBODY was allowed to write ANYTHING, so Morrissey BANNED David from his concerts. Now whether David believes Morrissey is right or wrong, Morrissey OBVIOUSLY feels VERY upset by the criticism on Morrissey-solo. I don't think he minds at all about the fans criticizing his setlists or even the criticism of the band, it is the LIES that get posted that he understandably dislikes. He has stated that the LIES posted about his sex life upset him, and also the LIES about him not paying his band. If you haven't got the time to censor this site, then you shouldn't be running it. I would LOVE to run a Morrissey fan site, but don't have the time to dedicate to it. What you have done over the past 15 years is very commendable, but YOU HAVE UPSET MORRISSEY with the lies you allow.

As an outsider looking in, I would advise you David, that you are WRONG, just like the NME were wrong, and you SHOULD apologize to Morrissey. If you decide to carry on digging in your heels, then no doubt Morrissey will keep you banned from his concerts, which is a real shame. It also looks as though Peter Finan is too scared to attend a concert, for fear of being treated in the same way as David. Peter has stated that he won't even be attending the two concerts in his own country, which is a real shame for him, but I can understand why he feels that way. You will no doubt bark back at me that I am wrong and you are right, but if you just took a minute to look at this situation subjectively, then perhaps you would see why many of us, including Morrissey, believe you are wrong.

Ray O' - Chicago

Stand your ground, David. Allow ordinary people to say what they want about Morrissey - flattering or otherwise. Allow them this space to express themselves publicly and, where necessary, question him. We are grateful. "f*** Morrissey".

And in the spirit of free speech, to all those who agree with the sentiment "f*** Morrissey" may I say "f*** you".

You are missing the point. Let me put it in REAL world terms. The NME USED to write positively about Morrissey, then they turned on him, he sued them and they apologized. Morrissey-Solo USED to be an appreciation site of the artiste Morrissey, but then ANYBODY was allowed to write ANYTHING, so Morrissey BANNED David from his concerts. Now whether David believes Morrissey is right or wrong, Morrissey OBVIOUSLY feels VERY upset by the criticism on Morrissey-solo. I don't think he minds at all about the fans criticizing his setlists or even the criticism of the band, it is the LIES that get posted that he understandably dislikes. He has stated that the LIES posted about his sex life upset him, and also the LIES about him not paying his band. If you haven't got the time to censor this site, then you shouldn't be running it. I would LOVE to run a Morrissey fan site, but don't have the time to dedicate to it. What you have done over the past 15 years is very commendable, but YOU HAVE UPSET MORRISSEY with the lies you allow.

As an outsider looking in, I would advise you David, that you are WRONG, just like the NME were wrong, and you SHOULD apologize to Morrissey. If you decide to carry on digging in your heels, then no doubt Morrissey will keep you banned from his concerts, which is a real shame. It also looks as though Peter Finan is too scared to attend a concert, for fear of being treated in the same way as David. Peter has stated that he won't even be attending the two concerts in his own country, which is a real shame for him, but I can understand why he feels that way. You will no doubt bark back at me that I am wrong and you are right, but if you just took a minute to look at this situation subjectively, then perhaps you would see why many of us, including Morrissey, believe you are wrong.

Ray O' - Chicago

Well said that man! Spot on.

Ray O' - Chicago

What did I personally write that was so negative? The site has been uncensored from the beginning, I haven't changed that. I don't think using the NME 'apology' is a good example of an apology, unless you are sort of dense.

He has stated that the LIES posted about his sex life upset him, and also the LIES about him not paying his band.

Where did he say this? If you don't produce some actual examples, I'm leaning to believe you're the one that likes to make things up.

What did I personally write that was so negative? The site has been uncensored from the beginning, I haven't changed that. I don't think using the NME 'apology' is a good example of an apology, unless you are sort of dense.

Where did he say this? If you don't produce some actual examples, I'm leaning to believe you're the one that likes to make things up.

Once again David, you are missing the point. I am HONESTLY trying to help you here. Morrissey HAS SHOWN his displeasure for this site by wearing 'f*** MORRISSEY-SOLO' t-shirts and BANNING you from his concerts. Forget all the arguments about free speech etc, MORRISSEY DOESN'T LIKE THE WAY HE IS PORTRAYED ON A WEBSITE THAT IS SUPPOSED TO BE AN APPRECIATION SITE!

You say that the site has been uncensored from the beginning, THIS IS CRAP! I for one have had many, many postings not published, so don't pretend otherwise. I don't have any interest in arguing with you, I just thought you might have liked an outsider's view on why you are banned. You can argue it as much as you like, but I can assure you, any density certainly isn't with me, and I can prove this, because I can still walk freely into any Morrissey concert I choose.

Now, for Christ's sake stop arguing the toss, issue an apology to Moz, stop allowing lies and filth to be posted on your site, and get it back to being the once BRILLIANT site it was, and believe you me, it WAS brilliant....and can be again.

We still believe, we still believe.

Ray O'Lite - Chicago, Illinois

Once again David, you are missing the point. I am HONESTLY trying to help you here. Morrissey HAS SHOWN his displeasure for this site by wearing 'f*** MORRISSEY-SOLO' t-shirts and BANNING you from his concerts. Forget all the arguments about free speech etc, MORRISSEY DOESN'T LIKE THE WAY HE IS PORTRAYED ON A WEBSITE THAT IS SUPPOSED TO BE AN APPRECIATION SITE!

You say that the site has been uncensored from the beginning, THIS IS CRAP! I for one have had many, many postings not published, so don't pretend otherwise. I don't have any interest in arguing with you, I just thought you might have liked an outsider's view on why you are banned. You can argue it as much as you like, but I can assure you, any density certainly isn't with me, and I can prove this, because I can still walk freely into any Morrissey concert I choose.

Now, for Christ's sake stop arguing the toss, issue an apology to Moz, stop allowing lies and filth to be posted on your site, and get it back to being the once BRILLIANT site it was, and believe you me, it WAS brilliant....and can be again.

What about the examples David asked you for? Surely you wouldn't be making all that stuff up now, would you?

P.

Ray O' - Chicago

By the way, unless you're on 'vacation', you ain't from Chicago.

P.

Hello Rat.

What about the examples David asked you for? Surely you wouldn't be making all that stuff up now, would you?

P.

Well, let's look at the REAL and ACTUAL evidence. Morrissey wore a f*** MORRISEY SOLO t-shirt on stage. Morrissey BANNED David from all concerts. The only stuff being made up are the lies on here, but it isn't my problem, as I said earlier, I can walk into any Morrissey concert, anywhere in the world, can David? You can either keep digging, and NOT watch Morrissey, or you could open your eyes, realize that Morrissey REALLY, REALLY doesn't appreciate the crap that is written about him, and CENSOR OUT THE SHIT!

Ray O'Lite - Chicago, Illinois, currently on vacation in Salisbury, England.

Ray O' - Chicago

No, no, no...YOU are missing the point.

YOU have deemed this an appreciation site...not David. This site is what the sum of users make it based on how they currently feel about Morrissey...not what David has made it. David provides and maintains the platform and that is all. One article published about not paying the crew in 2002 and a comment posting an e-mail about the failure of a shit single in 2006 hidden under an article about Pinkpop is HARDLY the reason people aren't enthusiastic about Morrissey anymore. You can solely blame Morrissey for that, but as always, he is never at fault for his failures as a man and musician.

If the majority of people thought Morrissey was doing a good job, you would see it. David has made it very clear that he would rather have a site that represents every aspect of Morrissey and his fandom - both positive, negative, and inbetween - than popping Morrissey's left nut in his mouth and saying "Hey guy, I'm sorry for allowing all those true stories about you to be published. Can I come back to your shows now so you can take my money and still not give a damn about me, pwetty pwease?"

YOU are dense...YOU are deluded. If Morrissey suddenly decided that he doesn't like the way 'The Queen Is Dead' portrays him as an artist and in turn re-recorded it as a polka album, I bet you'd support him about that too! Why? Because people like you have no original thought floating about in your skull...and what you do have clanging around in there, you rely on other people to place it there for you. If you want a website that Morrissey approves of that only posts what he wants posted about him, I suggest you go to True-To-You.net and use their imaginary message board to post about how good of a job they are doing with pleasing Morrissey...oh, wait, you can't? Shut the f*** up.

Well, let's look at the REAL and ACTUAL evidence. Morrissey wore a f*** MORRISEY SOLO t-shirt on stage. Morrissey BANNED David from all concerts. The only stuff being made up are the lies on here, but it isn't my problem, as I said earlier, I can walk into any Morrissey concert, anywhere in the world, can David? You can either keep digging, and NOT watch Morrissey, or you could open your eyes, realize that Morrissey REALLY, REALLY doesn't appreciate the crap that is written about him, and CENSOR OUT THE SHIT!

Ah right - vacation. OK.

Now give us some specific examples, with links, sources - specific links and sources, with dates and times - not just your vague recollections - of these lies of which you speak.

P.

And you're not in Salisbury either. You are the same person, from the same area, who has been posting anonymous stuff on this website, the one you deride so much, which we let through, because that's how we roll.

P.

No, no, no...YOU are missing the point.

YOU have deemed this an appreciation site...not David. This site is what the sum of users make it based on how they currently feel about Morrissey...not what David has made it. David provides and maintains the platform and that is all. One article published about not paying the crew in 2002 and a comment posting an e-mail about the failure of a shit single in 2006 hidden under an article about Pinkpop is HARDLY the reason people aren't enthusiastic about Morrissey anymore. You can solely blame Morrissey for that, but as always, he is never at fault for his failures as a man and musician.

If the majority of people thought Morrissey was doing a good job, you would see it. David has made it very clear that he would rather have a site that represents every aspect of Morrissey and his fandom - both positive, negative, and inbetween - than popping Morrissey's left nut in his mouth and saying "Hey guy, I'm sorry for allowing all those true stories about you to be published. Can I come back to your shows now so you can take my money and still not give a damn about me, pwetty pwease?"

YOU are dense...YOU are deluded. If Morrissey suddenly decided that he doesn't like the way 'The Queen Is Dead' portrays him as an artist and in turn re-recorded it as a polka album, I bet you'd support him about that too! Why? Because people like you have no original thought floating about in your skull...and what you do have clanging around in there, you rely on other people to place it there for you. If you want a website that Morrissey approves of that only posts what he wants posted about him, I suggest you go to True-To-You.net and use their imaginary message board to post about how good of a job they are doing with pleasing Morrissey...oh, wait, you can't? Shut the f*** up.

Perhaps I AM missing the point....but not the concerts! Now, where's that left ball?

Ray Ole - as my friends call me.

Perhaps I AM missing the point....but not the concerts! Now, where's that left ball?

Ray Ole - as my friends call me.

Bringing up the concert ban like you have is similar to Godwin's law. You obviously can't produce any evidence. Argument is over.

Ray O' - Chicago
So, lets get this clear, you expect the mods to go through all the posts and delete the lies? That is so manifestly silly a proposition that I am sure there is no need for me or anyone to explain why to those of a calm and rational demenour.

Bringing up the concert ban like you have is similar to Godwin's law. You obviously can't produce any evidence. Argument is over.

I don't NEED to produce ANY evidence for anything, I'm not the one banned from concerts. I was merely trying to open your eyes as to why I, as an outsider, can see why you are banned, but once again, you and your supporters have tried to be clever rather than admit your failings. As you have ended the debate, I presume your ban will stay in place. I would say that you'll miss him when he's gone, but you are actually missing him while he's here! In years to come, you may reflect on this time, and realize that you were wrong to take the stance you have, but it's your life, to live your own way, so good luck to you.

Ray ole ole ole ole O'Lite - On vacation, but apparently not in Salisbury as it says on all the street signs, so god knows where I am.

I don't NEED to produce ANY evidence for anything, I'm not the one banned from concerts. I was merely trying to open your eyes as to why I, as an outsider, can see why you are banned, but once again, you and your supporters have tried to be clever rather than admit your failings. As you have ended the debate, I presume your ban will stay in place. I would say that you'll miss him when he's gone, but you are actually missing him while he's here! In years to come, you may reflect on this time, and realize that you were wrong to take the stance you have, but it's your life, to live your own way, so good luck to you.

Ray ole ole ole ole O'Lite - On vacation, but apparently not in Salisbury as it says on all the street signs, so god knows where I am.

Actually, you DO need to produce factual evidence to back up a claim. You know, because that's how the real world works...you can't just close your eyes and make it so with the power of your mind.

Unlike you, some people around here DO have a life outside of Morrissey. He's JUST A f***ING SINGER. Get over it. If you are indeed "on vacation", as you claim, and are spending it on a message board, then you are truly pathetic and surely alone in life.

When it comes down to it, I think it's fairly obvious that David is less bitter about being banned from concerts than you are about being banned from this site.

Cambridgeshire. That's where.

P.

Actually, you DO need to produce factual evidence to back up a claim. You know, because that's how the real world works...you can't just close your eyes and make it so with the power of your mind.

Unlike you, some people around here DO have a life outside of Morrissey. He's JUST A f***ING SINGER. Get over it. If you are indeed "on vacation", as you claim, and are spending it on a message board, then you are truly pathetic and surely alone in life.

When it comes down to it, I think it's fairly obvious that David is less bitter about being banned from concerts than you are about being banned from this site.

Dear Donald Duck, I really DON'T have to give any factual evidence, I am not on trial for anything and not trying to prove anybody guilty of anything. This isn't the real world, it's cyber space. In the REAL world, David is banned from attending Morrissey concerts, and I was trying to help him get his ban lifted, but it would appear he's not too bothered, and 'P' doesn't seem too bothered about going to see this guy Morrissey either! I don't know about you, because I don't know who you are. I don't actually come on here that often and I'm certainly not banned as you seem to think I am. If I were banned, how would I be corresponding with you?

My vacation here in Cambridgeshire (thanks P) is great, but the weather hasn't been brilliant, hence me being on here.

We are ALL alone in life.

Ray 'Big O' O'Lite - Ely, Cambridgeshire.

Dear Donald Duck, I really DON'T have to give any factual evidence, I am not on trial for anything and not trying to prove anybody guilty of anything. This isn't the real world, it's cyber space. In the REAL world, David is banned from attending Morrissey concerts, and I was trying to help him get his ban lifted, but it would appear he's not too bothered, and 'P' doesn't seem too bothered about going to see this guy Morrissey either! I don't know about you, because I don't know who you are. I don't actually come on here that often and I'm certainly not banned as you seem to think I am. If I were banned, how would I be corresponding with you?

My vacation here in Cambridgeshire (thanks P) is great, but the weather hasn't been brilliant, hence me being on here.

We are ALL alone in life.

Ray 'Big O' O'Lite - Ely, Cambridgeshire.

Ok Bollock chops, we've called you out as a liar, we've proven you can't come up with answers when asked, and we've also proven that you have a vendetta of some sort against this site, in particular David and myself. You have a one track approach - DAVID IS BANNED FROM GIGS! And I don't want to go to the gigs as I'm scared to go. Would you like me to provide proof you're talking bollocks again?

P.

Last edited:

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom