Information on these unreleased songs

Since there are so many requests being made on this thread, maybe someone might have these to post (I hope. I hope.)? :

The miraval session instrumental demos, such as The boy racer, The teachers are afraid of the pupils. etc. I need all of them. I've combed through this site for them with no luck.

Any YATQ demos such as IBEH.

Can someone post these on Megaupload if you have them?

Also, if someone can tell me how to upload songs, I have some good ones that I have not seen posted for awhile. (Though nothing that has not been posted before.)

The instrumental of released songs (such as Teachers) from the Miraval Sessions are not out there I'm pretty sure. And the only Quarry demo that I think is out there is the Irish Blood one matto posted. An easy way to upload songs, and the only way I ever do it, is through www.yousendit.com. Just a pick an e-mail address, such as your own, and choose the file to upload then send it, click on the link that is displayed, and copy that link then paste it for people to download. It's really simple. :)

But I've noticed that the "clear" Oh Phoney version is some 30 sec. shorter and is faded out! Why...why...why..?
The "not-so-clear" version has a real ending. Any hints
I'll check my master but I'm pretty sure that's how it came. It was straight from an EMI tape so possibly faded early for an edit? I'll have another listen and see what I can find.

Created for the "Vauxhall" era songs, if you please....

Last edited:
I hate to be a nitpicker, but track number 4 is called "Sunny", not "Sonny".

EDIT: Wow, that was fast! Thank you, Alf!

Last edited:
I'll try uploading East West for you, devushkao. Just as soon as I figure out how...

Could someone please post Slum Mums. Its the only song Im missing.
Thanks

I have 'Belfast' somewhere in my ancient and dusty archives, it was certainly a work-in-progress during the Southpaw sessions. As far as I know, there was no vocal recorded or possibly even written. The track was more an atmospheric instrumental early version of what became part of 'The Teachers Are Afraid Of The Pupils'. Infact, it seems to me on reflection, that 'Belfast' was just an early working title for 'Teachers'. I remember it had some movie dialogue samples on it from an old film...something about a 'Glass Managerie?'...

Also for the doubters out there....'Honey You Know Where To Find Me' is indeed the genuine article - it came from the Southpaw sessions along with the early version of 'Reader Meet Author'. 'The Denis Cockall Song' is just an earlier title for 'Swallow On My Neck'.

I was actually contacted by Morrissey after uploading 'Honey' and was very politely asked not to upload any other tracks I might have, he explained his reasons and some were very personal that had nothing to do with copyrights or loss of revenue or the usual business spiel....

Nice to see you back Mr Reynolds, i hope all is well.

Back
Top Bottom