Info about stage times for Morrissey in Toronto from the venue

rivum

I reached out to the Sony Centre to try to determine if there was an opening act for his Toronto dates and this is the info I received...

no idea what the "film" is all about, but I'm anxious to find out!
It must be of significant length to not perform until an hour and a half later!

Thanks for reaching out, this is a great question.
The Lobby doors will open at 7:00 pm and the theatre doors open at 7:30 pm.
Apparently Morrissey will be presenting a film starting at 8:00 pm, followed by an intermission and Morrissey to take the stage after at 8:30 pm.
Please note there will be a full bag check in effect.
I hope you enjoy Morrissey! It has been too long since he has been in Toronto.
Please let me know if I can help you with anything else.

*EDIT* Apparently he'll be on stage just after 8:30 not 9:30!

Last edited:
I wonder if it has anything to do with his Canada Goose campaign?

more info - a friend of a friend knows Boz (had pints with him earlier in the week since he's been in Toronto for the last week waiting out the Toronto shows). He told me that the entire band has been here in rehearsals since Tuesday and the shows in Toronto are definitely a go.

I reached out to the Sony Centre to try to determine if there was an opening act for his Toronto dates and this is the info I received...

Sounds like the usual video reel TBH, I wouldn't expect much more than a variation of song clips (prior gigs had similar running time info - the time on stage is the same too).
The animal rights thing planned for the gig has details here:

"Did you see the news? Morrissey also wants CG to stop using animals! Come help collect petition signatures + do outreach and recruitment at the Morrissey shows in Toronto! Drop in/out any time between 6:30-8:30pm either day!

We will also be asking concert attendees for donations!

Props, signs, chalking, and anything else to grab people's attention are welcome. Lots of ways to participate even if you aren't comfortable talking to people.

GOALS & APPROACH:
Ask people to sign the petition demanding that Canada Goose go animal free! Encourage them to also sign up to receive updates about the campaign and future volunteer opportunities.

Feel free to target people already wearing CG or similar products and inform them about how they can get rid of the products, but remember that these people are NOT our main targets

We want to focus on those who are neutral, sympathetic, or already fully supportive, and get them to join the campaign (keep the SPECTRUM OF ALLIES in mind!)

BE INSPIRING! Let them know that together we can get Canada Goose to end their use of animals, but we can only achieve this through the collective power of those who care"

Regards,
FWD.

All set for a MIM return

Sounds like the usual video reel TBH, I wouldn't expect much more than a variation of song clips (prior gigs had similar running time info - the time on stage is the same too).

Thanks FWD! I hadn't realized it was a regular thing to show clips beforehand
perhaps I can stay at the pub for an extra pint before going in to the venue!

It's just a collection of YouTube video clips. Morrissey has had it for years now, instead of a support band.

The animal rights thing planned for the gig has details here:

"Did you see the news? Morrissey also wants CG to stop using animals! Come help collect petition signatures + do outreach and recruitment at the Morrissey shows in Toronto! Drop in/out any time between 6:30-8:30pm either day!

We will also be asking concert attendees for donations!

Props, signs, chalking, and anything else to grab people's attention are welcome. Lots of ways to participate even if you aren't comfortable talking to people.

GOALS & APPROACH:
Ask people to sign the petition demanding that Canada Goose go animal free! Encourage them to also sign up to receive updates about the campaign and future volunteer opportunities.

Feel free to target people already wearing CG or similar products and inform them about how they can get rid of the products, but remember that these people are NOT our main targets

We want to focus on those who are neutral, sympathetic, or already fully supportive, and get them to join the campaign (keep the SPECTRUM OF ALLIES in mind!)

BE INSPIRING! Let them know that together we can get Canada Goose to end their use of animals, but we can only achieve this through the collective power of those who care"

Regards,
FWD.

tenor.gif

Thanks FWD! I hadn't realized it was a regular thing to show clips beforehand
perhaps I can stay at the pub for an extra pint before going in to the venue!

Yeah grab another pint! He just shows videos of artists that have inspired him and if it were not for some of these artists... who knows, Morrissey may have never set foot on stage to sing.

So no, you might not be interested in watching the pre show videos.

*EDIT* Apparently he'll be on stage just after 8:30 not 9:30!

I thought that was past the old fart’s bedtime - makes more sense! Thanks for sharing!

Back
Top Bottom