Independent.ie review by Barry Egan - IANADOAC

• Thread starter Deleted member 29417
  • Start date

Will someone please bury journalism's corpse?

The random selection of Moz Crimes are: THE PIN, saying Sadiq Khan, with his estuary accent, can't talk properly is racist (even though Moz has slagged off Johnny Marr & Cilla Black for their accents & had his own slagged off & it's technically snobbery or reverse snobbery) & slagging off Diane Abbott, which is racist. No mention of him slagging off Theresa May IN THE SAME INTERVIEW.

Plus some weird jaunt through Moz's suicidal depression - as if that isn't a possible explanation for his random statements.

Last edited by a moderator:
Bury journalist's corpse? They write a review you don't like which includes factual quotations, and you want them dead? You're a f***ing disgrace.

WTF?????
skinny you obsessive disgraceful twot?
learn to read english instead of muslim FFS are you going to troll for the rest of your clownish life??

Nine paragraphs in this review. Six of which have nothing to do with the album but are straight out the handbook for journalists who can't be bothered to write anything original/new...lazy lazy lazy/bandwagon etc etc. New songs are mentioned in two paragraphs and the title of the album in one other paragraph. In total two songs are mentioned and compared to Smiths songs and a closing two lines mentions the last track on the album. I don't think this guy has actually heard the album from the way he describes the songs. It looks to me like he's read other "reviews" and pieced this together. Again it doesn't read like a favourable review but the heading/title of the "review" would suggest otherwise.
Now Skinny why do you think this is? Don't give me your stock rant about racism etc etc. It's almost like some reviewers like the album but can't bring themselves to be honest about it. Lets face it it's not the only "review" that reads like this is it?

Race has got nothing to do with it - Diane Abbott quite clearly is a blithering idiot and a large art of the reason Labour lost so badly. Who would want her to be in charge of anything? Hell - I'd sooner vote for Russ Abbott.
Are you trying to create an atmosphere!!!

@Nerak

saying Sadiq Khan, with his estuary accent, can't talk properly is racist (even though Moz has slagged off Johnny Marr & Cilla Black for their accents”

I remember discussing the Ziggy Stardust Pennebaker film with him in 92, and he/Morrissey criticized Bowie’s use of singing in an American accent.

Take from that what you will.

That "review" makes almost no sense, but some credit to the journalist for exhuming this sentence from Autobiography in relation to "Jim Jim Falls":

"Yet there comes a point when the suicidalist must shut it down if only in order to save face."

It does make the case that 'the singer' is talking to himself stronger.

Barry? But I might have misread your post.

Yes. Once had a discussion with Morrissey about the Ziggy Stardust film and Morrissey criticized Bowie’s use of singing in an American accent.

I’m not talking about the ‘reviewer’.

As a fellow Irishman, I would normally go crazy at a review like this but strangely (and credit where it's due) Barry does seem to be a Moz fan. He even tweeted out Fantastic Bird in 2013! :D

It's so muddled it reads like a condemnation AND a stealth defense.

Yes. Once had a discussion with Morrissey about the Ziggy Stardust film and Morrissey criticized Bowie’s use of singing in an American accent.

I’m not talking about the ‘reviewer’.

Ah!!

Well, at least we know he's got a thing about accents. Hacks should research!

Bury journalist's corpse? They write a review you don't like which includes factual quotations, and you want them dead? You're a f***ing disgrace.

I was saying JOURNALISM is dead, because so many articles these days (positive & negative) are badly written & badly researched.

It was a comment on the profession.

Will someone please bury journalism's corpse?

The random selection of Moz Crimes is: THE PIN, saying Sadiq Khan, with his estuary accent, can't talk properly is racist (even though Moz has slagged off Johnny Marr & Cilla Black for their accents & had his own slagged off & it's technically snobbery or reverse snobbery) & slagging off Diane Abbott, which is racist. No mention of him slagging off Theresa May IN THE SAME INTERVIEW.

Plus some weird jaunt through Moz's suicidal depression - as if that isn't a possible explanation for his random statements.
This almost sounded like Morrissey reviewing his own record, tragically hilarious, lighten up member 29417 hes made a great album! rejoice!

I'm not a dog on, etc... My review: the album is fantastic!!!! Probably the best one by Morrissey since Your Arsenal... which doesn't mean that the ones in the middle are bad, but this one is.... WOW!!!!).

So my official review is WOW. Yes, that's an intellectual statement: WOW.

There he is. Always the first. Do you EVER do anything else. You're as boring as an old fart in a closed room. Can someone open a window?

What a clown - UncleForeSkin only sees what he wants to see, and now he is purposely misreading posts.
If you’ve posted something with any semblance of cognitively sound basis, we all get it. Thanks for your concern though.

Aren’t you cold? Spending all this time spouting rubbish, outside the warmth and comfort of Melvis’ anus.

Back up the hole with you, ya wee, daft c***.

Tags
i am not a dog on a chain review

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom