Independent: "Has Morrissey ruined The Smiths?" by Sean Smith (May 13, 2022)

smiths copy 2.jpg

Has Morrissey ruined The Smiths? - The Independent

The ‘Oswald Mosley’ of pop is martyring himself on a cross of his own making, but what does that mean for the legacy of the band that started Morrissey off, asks Sean Smith.

Long, critical discussion piece with usual tropes.
Gated article, but where there's a will...
Read in full:

Regards,
FWD.

Last edited by a moderator:
‘usually tropes’ indeed. What year is this, that folks have to keep regurgitating the same line of thought, clickbait?

Anyway, why is everyone so concerned with ‘the legacy’ it’s not their work.

Last edited:
"Forty years on from their formation...", small hours of yesterday I believe.
FWD.

View attachment 81308

The ‘Oswald Mosley’ of pop is martyring himself on a cross of his own making, but what does that mean for the legacy of the band that started Morrissey off, asks Sean Smith.

Long, critical discussion piece with usual tropes.
Gated article, but where there's a will...
Read in full:

Regards,
FWD.

The usual tropes of a new word religion full of dogmas that are denied and "thou shalt nots".

Or I imagine. Still need to read it - but thank you FWD for making it available!

They’re supposedly a ‘news’ paper.

Like several of these articles, it says that he endorsed Britain First (and not For Britain).
I've never looked them up (and I don't want to Google them) but I believe Britain First are a serious far-right party, unlike For Britain who are more like UKIP. Even if M won't retract his endorsement of For Britain, he really should clarify that he's never had anything to do with Britain First, and force the journalist into giving an apology. Shoddy writing.

Like several of these articles, it says that he endorsed Britain First (and not For Britain).
I've never looked them up (and I don't want to Google them) but I believe Britain First are a serious far-right party, unlike For Britain who are more like UKIP. Even if M won't retract his endorsement of For Britain, he really should clarify that he's never had anything to do with Britain First, and force the journalist into giving an apology. Shoddy writing.

we may never hear about it. But I wouldn’t be surprised if he has lawyers looking at every article like this that comes out.

A retraction could be ignored, or twisted.

If they want to lie or can't be arsed checking - they'll do it.

He could maybe sue.

A chat would be preferable.

I suspect he'll do nothing.

Short version: No, he hasn't, and nothing ever will.

I don’t think Marr will ruin the legacy by putting his name to a Yogi shoe product and in turn knowingly profit from animal slaughter.

‘Independent’ of what precisely?
What lazy journalism, to think someone actually getting paid for that… And no, Morrissey has never ‘supported’ Nigel Farage or Britain First.
Any excuse to write more lies.

Last edited:
Stupid theme for an article. Unless you can go back in time you can't alter the genius of The Smiths and their jaw-dropping brilliant music. Yet another witless woke wretch trying to rewrite history because they can't stand the present which they helped make with their penchant for outrage and spineless solipsism.

That 'journalist' pratt only knows of Oswald Mosley thanks to Peaky Blinders.

It's worth remembering that the Independent is owned by Evgeny Lebedev, Russian oligarch, and son of an ex-KGB agent. The man was made a member of the House of Lords by the scum Boris Johnson, despite security services warning against it. Lebedev holds annual parties, frequented by celebrities and members of the establishment.

Basically, f*** the Independent, and ignore almost everything it publishes.

‘Independent’ of what precisely?
What lazy journalism, to think someone actually getting paid for that… And no, Morrissey has never ‘supported’ Nigel Farage of Britain First.
Any excuse to write more lies.
Independent of absolutely nothing. Paper is owned by a Russian oligarch, son of ex-KGB agent. f*** this right wing rag.

Obviously, being English I am used to the bitchy bitter snipping of day to day life and the revolting British media if you can hurt someone, then you may as well. If there is elbow room to say something nasty then elbow away
M is also English (although that is news to some on here) and is also used to it and in truth its a part of us all.
However, there are limits. When you move away from The United Kingdom, even for six months, you really see how unneeded it all is, how limiting (you also see how lucky you are to be born there, rather than say Shitsvile, Florida or in a South American backwater)
The sad thing is this was timed , M is doing cruel world, he had kept his mouth shut enough, for some to forget what comes out of it , he had some nice press about his concerts , he has a single and lp out soon (the lp has had rave reviews from everyone I know who has heard it)
So what do they do , plunge the knife, stick in the boot.Boring

The true history is : "we hate it when our friends become successfull" The same question could be asked to JM... if Morrissey didn´t made a partnership wih him... what future JM had have been?? By the way ..in my opinion after The Smiths , Morrissey is the only ex member that has an own solid career.. And people talking about Smiths ruined by Morrissey, What??? Tell me more lies.... laugh...

Back
Top Bottom