In this post -"World Peace is All of Our Business" climate, We All Owe "Maladjusted" an Apology

"In this post-"World Peace is All of Our Business" climate ..."

I dispute your premise and the consensus you imply. Many, many people love the new album and think it's one of his best. People who don't like the new album need to stop acting as if they represent everyone. You are not the world. The climate of disappointment you refer to exists in your head.

THERE IS NO CONSENSUS THAT THIS ALBUM IS POOR OR DISAPPOINTING. The reviews have been mixed, but mixed is not the same as middling. Mixed reviews, especially when they are as polarized as the reviews of this album has been, indicate not a poor work but a challenging one. Many of the great works of art in any genre or medium were critically divisive when released.

Many reviews have praised that as one of Morrissey's best, most vital, most creative albums. Many have called it his best in 20 years. Many have praised the lyrics, the songwriting, the musicianship.

Many other reviews have criticized it not for just being ok but for being remarkably bad. Many reviews have been vitriolic and seemingly imbued with a visceral dislike for Morrissey himself. And some of the reviews have been merely OK.

For me, the current climate is one of elation rather than disappointment. I am convinced, with every listen, that the new album is a masterpiece.

How funny - one thing I've noticed is that those who love the album seem to praise the positive results because they apparently are written by reviewers who can see how technically great the album is. Whereas it seems any negative views must be because the reviewers somehow dislike Morrissey himself and are therefore not giving the album a chance.

Such bollocks. Give it up, fanboys.

Last edited:
"In this post-"World Peace is All of Our Business" climate ..."

I dispute your premise and the consensus you imply. Many, many people love the new album and think it's one of his best. People who don't like the new album need to stop acting as if they represent everyone. You are not the world. The climate of disappointment you refer to exists in your head.

THERE IS NO CONSENSUS THAT THIS ALBUM IS POOR OR DISAPPOINTING. The reviews have been mixed, but mixed is not the same as middling. Mixed reviews, especially when they are as polarized as the reviews of this album has been, indicate not a poor work but a challenging one. Many of the great works of art in any genre or medium were critically divisive when released.

Many reviews have praised that as one of Morrissey's best, most vital, most creative albums. Many have called it his best in 20 years. Many have praised the lyrics, the songwriting, the musicianship.

Many other reviews have criticized it not for just being ok but for being remarkably bad. Many reviews have been vitriolic and seemingly imbued with a visceral dislike for Morrissey himself. And some of the reviews have been merely OK.

For me, the current climate is one of elation rather than disappointment. I am convinced, with every listen, that the new album is a masterpiece.

The lyrics are the worst of mozzas career, if you cant see that then i dont know what you've been listening to for the last 30years.

The lyrics are the worst of mozzas career, if you cant see that then i dont know what you've been listening to for the last 30years.

The lyrics lack that emotional connection that he's always been so good at conveying. I do like this album, but it didn't strike me like his previous work has.

2czd0yw.jpg

I have to give you credit. After weeks of trying you've finally thought of something amusing.
I think his lyrics on this album are as good as anything he's ever written myself, but credit where it's due.

It is wonderfully ironic that he's criticising the lyrics when he doesn't even have a passable grasp of English.

I am English, I live in England and I have a degree in English Literature.

Were you born this stupid or have you worked hard at it?

We haven't even got to the tragedy of someone as old as him thinking that joke was worth knocking the picture up for... and having the time to do it.

Let's remain calm.
If he doesn't have a 'passable grasp of English' how are we able to read his posts?

Why don't you remain obsequious?
You're confusing 'passable' with 'comprehensible', but thanks for asking.

When Hagharta first joined us just a few short weeks ago he loudly protested that he wasn't a troll of any kind. Oh, no. In fact, he was only here at all to start a thread in praise of Viva Hate(!) Well, the pretence didn't last long very long...

When Hagharta first joined us just a few short weeks ago he loudly protested that he wasn't a troll of any kind. Oh, no. In fact, he was only here at all to start a thread in praise of Viva Hate(!) Well, the pretence didn't last long very long...

f*** off

Back
Top Bottom