In the news: Theo's hero (Ahnold the Governator) supports Codreanu's heros (The Minutemen).

C

Codreanu

Something like this has not happened since...uhm..since..well..oh, I got one, since Harry Brown and Pat Buchanan both signed that statement protesting the bombing of Kosovo! *shhheww*

Sorry, I am too drunk and uninterested to think of an EXACT analogy.

Schwarzenegger backs Minutemen

Dan Glaister in Los Angeles
Monday May 2, 2005
The Guardian

A controversial project by a group of armed private Americans to patrol the border with Mexico has received an unexpected boost from California's governor, Arnold Schwarzenegger.
Twice last week the Austrian-born actor-turned-politician praised the Minuteman project in Arizona, saying it was an understandable response to the failure of the federal government to patrol the border. He said the group would be welcome to patrol California's border with Mexico.

His comments came just a week after he said the border with Mexico should be "sealed". He subsequently withdrew the remarks.

Mr Schwarzenegger told a Los Angeles radio station last Thursday that the Minuteman group had done a "terrific" job. "They've cut down the crossing of illegal immigrants a huge percentage. So it just shows that it works when you make an effort. It's just that our federal government is not doing their job."
The next day he reinforced his praise for the group, condemned as "vigilantes" by George Bush. "When the government ... doesn't do its job, then the private citizens go out and it's like a neighbourhood patrol."

The Minutemen spent April patrolling a 23-mile stretch of the border in Arizona. Their aim, organisers said, was to spot and report suspected illegal migrants. The group claimed to have helped the capture of almost 350 people.

Mr Schwarzenegger's comments were condemned by Democrats, immigrants' rights groups, the Mexican government and some Republicans.

"The hypocrisy of the governor is incredible," Mark Silverman of the Immigrant Legal Resource Centre told the San Francisco Chronicle, pointing out that Mr Schwarzenegger had admitted working illegally when he first entered the US.

The Mexican foreign ministry reminded him that Mexico was California's largest export market.

I actually haven't decided what I feel about all this minuteman stuff.

I'm not against citizens helping to enforce the law.

But I don't know, I have a weird feeling about it.....

We in Ohio aren't all that worked up about the issue I guess.

-Theo

FAO Theo:

> I actually haven't decided what I feel about all this minuteman stuff.

> I'm not against citizens helping to enforce the law.

> But I don't know, I have a weird feeling about it.....

> We in Ohio aren't all that worked up about the issue I guess.

> -Theo
Did you listen to Howard yesterday. Someone did a fake Arnold phone call that he wanted to blow up the moon to stop PMS. But get this, Joe Scarborough thought it was real and so did one of the London papers.

Re: FAO Theo:

> Did you listen to Howard yesterday. Someone did a fake Arnold phone call
> that he wanted to blow up the moon to stop PMS. But get this, Joe
> Scarborough thought it was real and so did one of the London papers.

Argh I've been out of the Howard loop the past few weeks, dammit.

Scarborough is such a dope! The O'Reilly wannabe.

Are you gonna get Sirius radio? I'm so curious how Howard will handle it when he has no restrictions. It might actually hurt his show, ya know?

Back
Top Bottom