"In The Future When All's Well" Single - Well, Whaddya Think???

Spicer

Has Forgiven Jesus
Just got mine and it really and truly pains me to say that I am not too impressed. "Christian Dior" is a nice song, but it doesn't grab me the way previous B-Sides have ("Ganglord" in particular).

The live tracks don't sound very exciting, which is a big let-down. I haven't watched the video yet so perhaps the whole package will be redeemed once I see it?

I don't mind spending the €7 on both CD's of the single, but I don't think I'll be listening to this as much as the other ROTT singles. :(

Spicer said:
Just got mine and it really and truly pains me to say that I am not too impressed. "Christian Dior" is a nice song, but it doesn't grab me the way previous B-Sides have ("Ganglord" in particular).

The live tracks don't sound very exciting, which is a big let-down. I haven't watched the video yet so perhaps the whole package will be redeemed once I see it?

I don't mind spending the €7 on both CD's of the single, but I don't think I'll be listening to this as much as the other ROTT singles. :(
I have just sent you a PM. :)

I actually thought the live tracks sounded good. I think his voice sounds great , the band sound good, and the sound of the crowd adds a bit of atmosphere to the whole thing. The quality is much better than Earl's Court. I think Christian Dior is a bit better than "nice", but I'd agree that its maybe not as good as some of the other recent b-sides - although I've been listening to it in the car all day, and it is a grower. So, not as dissappointed as you, Spicer, quite pleased in fact, but not overwhalmed either. Anyway. the main thing is - I can't wait for Marlay Park next Tuesday!!! I hope he keeps the recent setlist additions. Just as long as it doesn't rain - we've had torrential rain down here for the last two evenings.

Godlovesugly said:
Wonder what that was about? :rolleyes: you rabid dog, wait till monday!
Yawn, how many more times can you say that?

The Youngest said:
Yawn, how many more times can you say that?
lets see....

Three times sire it's all i could muster...:(

Godlovesugly said:
lets see....

Three times sire it's all i could muster...
:D Even I wasn't expecting that!

WOW! CHRISTIAN DIOR IS BRILLIANT! Morrissey's voice is so lovely and the piano...:eek:

I notice that Christian Dior was recorded with Alain & Matt Chamberlian, so it was recorded at the ROTT sessions.

So it seems poor old Boz couldn't even get his only song onto the album. :(

I'm yet to make up my mind about Christian Dior, but I think that the live tracks sound very good, especially To Me You Are A Work Of Art. It sounds more powerful and passionate than the original version. Yes, I already heard it on a million bootlegs, but the soundboard quality really makes it shine.

Back
Top Bottom