In search of "No one can hold a Candle" studio

C

Coot

OK. I haven't really done my research, but I got a live version and I love the song. I wish he would have included it in YATQ. Is there a studio version?
Looking to D/l. Will pay if necessary.
BTW...At first I was disappointed by his latest go, but after a few listens, It's really grown on me. A sentimental piece of me still longs for "Viva Hate" era, but I know that time moves on and am grateful that the great one is able to release new music. I can see that this latest album fulfills alot of his writing that was started way back in the Smith's era.

ANd...WTF is up with Marr saying something like " I don't agree with what he is doing but know he has to do what he has to" or something to that effect. So Marr liked Last of the Playboys but doesn't dig his latest work?? Sounds like a bit of jealousy to me....

Peace.

No one can hold a candle to you is not Mozzers song. It is a cover of James makers band "Ramone"

It was on the NME CD that was given away free in the UK and its spot on, very cool track and Moz has done it exactly as it was done on the original.

So in short, no studio version exists by moz but the Ramone one does.

I have the radio session version on CD as well as Daddy's Voice. Post your e-mail address and see what we can do.

I have it from John Peel which is about as studio as you're gonna get I think

There IS a studio version of Candle but...

It was recorded during the Maladjusted sessions. Supposedly, it appeared on early master copies of the final album and then was left off. Given his abbreviated relationship with Island/Mercury, there is little chance it will ever see the light of day.

Until then, we'll have to settle for the excellent Raymonde original, the Radio One Session, and various bootleg versions.

Cheers,

Jamie

Cool...anyone that can help me out.
[email protected] is my email.

tks!

> I have it from John Peel which is about as studio as you're gonna get I
> think

avaliable here

i taped the studio sessions of Noone Can Hold A Candle To You, and Dont Make Fun Of Daddy Voice from the John Peel Session earlier this year. theyre perfect quality and avaliable for download as mp3s from my site at www.south-paw.tk cheers, rob

http://www.south-paw.tk

Re: avaliable here

How do I browse your site? I can't see links to the Morrissey stuff anymore.

> i taped the studio sessions of Noone Can Hold A Candle To You, and Dont
> Make Fun Of Daddy Voice from the John Peel Session earlier this year.
> theyre perfect quality and avaliable for download as mp3s from my site at
> www.south-paw.tk cheers, rob

Re: avaliable here

sorry, sorted now. theyll be new updates of move and glastonbury there in a few days.

Back
Top Bottom