In Conversation with Johnny Marr - Fender YouTube

Jeff sends the link:

In Conversation with Johnny Marr | The Great Escape Festival 2018 - Fender YouTube
Published on May 19, 2018
Watch as Johnny Marr discusses all things guitar with Shaun Keaveny at the 2018 Great Escape Festival, Brighton, UK.

Smiths selections include "This Charming Man", "Heaven Knows I'm Miserable Now", "Girl Afraid", "Some Girls Are Bigger Than Others", "The Headmaster Ritual", "Last Night I Dreamt That Somebody Loved Me" and "That Joke Isn't Funny Anymore".

UPDATE June 4:

Posted by an anonymous person:

add "accept yourself" to the smiths song tags

Last edited:

Gotta say, that sounds spectacular! Johnny's voice, guitar and his band are all in tip top form. And he looks great too! Thanks for posting!

I've been on youtube looking at all the shows, I love a lot of his new songs, besides the singles: Walk into the Sea (the next single), Rise and Actor Attractor in particular. I'll be seeing him in LA - it looks like he's playing all the best clubs in each city. I know it's going to be fabulous.

GOOD NEWS!! The comet has not landed so settle down,sucky music fans but its hovering!
THE COMET IS HOVERING:drama:

what we have here, A FIRST:clap::clap:

30 sec SAMPLES OF THE COMPETE CALL THE COMET:drama: ALBUM!! courtesy of :frogface:
himself!! ENJOY:

Gotta say, that sounds spectacular! Johnny's voice, guitar and his band are all in tip top form. And he looks great too! Thanks for posting!

I've been on youtube looking at all the shows, I love a lot of his new songs, besides the singles: Walk into the Sea (the next single), Rise and Actor Attractor in particular. I'll be seeing him in LA - it looks like he's playing all the best clubs in each city. I know it's going to be fabulous.

Always playing the Moz material to keep the aud from:sleeping: always messing them up the:frogface:
Can we crowdfund DramaJ a new shirt ffs.

Absolutely fantastic show here in Toronto last night. New album is fantastic and the band’s live delivery is outstanding. The studio recordings are great but the live experience is out of this world. Sonically MASSIVE. No going through the motions here. My whole body is still vibrating and I’ve got perma-smile. Super sweet to see him in such a small venue, filled to the brim with fantastic vibes. Abundantly obvious that he’s super connected to the music, his band and his fans. A rare, rare treat. Can’t wait for my vinyl to arrive. ...and can’t wait to do it again in October!!!!

If you have the means, hit a show near you. I promise you won’t be dissapointed. :)

Absolutely fantastic show here in Toronto last night. New album is fantastic and the band’s live delivery is outstanding. The studio recordings are great but the live experience is out of this world. Sonically MASSIVE. No going through the motions here. My whole body is still vibrating and I’ve got perma-smile. Super sweet to see him in such a small venue, filled to the brim with fantastic vibes. Abundantly obvious that he’s super connected to the music, his band and his fans. A rare, rare treat. Can’t wait for my vinyl to arrive. ...and can’t wait to do it again in October!!!!

If you have the means, hit a show near you. I promise you won’t be dissapointed. :)

Here is a report from a credible Toronto peep:

We arrived at 8. Nobody there. Thought the building was condemned. Janitor said stick around
there is a funny looking dude who is loitering in the back: it was DJ in his flower shirt.
About 10 the show started. Maybe 85 people inside. Lack of human bodies made the 'band' sound
like an enormous echo.
Chubby dude with glasses plucked on one guitar, the one with 4 strings. Johnny Marr (Drama J:frogface: editorial comment ) caterwauled for a good 90 min to no discernible applause outside of the Morrissey written songs.
He introduced Big Mouth thusly:
"isaiiiaaofooo dalllggll ". The entire show seemed sung in Croatian.

He came back for a couple of encores against the expressed desire of the 4 or 5 remaining
punters busy playing
billiards..."

Cant wait for the next tour so we make a note to not go. :kissingsmiling: Fly to Finland instead to watch Moz.:hearteyes:

add "accept yourself" to the smiths song tags person who runs this site

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom