In Conversation with Johnny Marr - Fender YouTube

Jeff sends the link:

In Conversation with Johnny Marr | The Great Escape Festival 2018 - Fender YouTube
Published on May 19, 2018
Watch as Johnny Marr discusses all things guitar with Shaun Keaveny at the 2018 Great Escape Festival, Brighton, UK.

Smiths selections include "This Charming Man", "Heaven Knows I'm Miserable Now", "Girl Afraid", "Some Girls Are Bigger Than Others", "The Headmaster Ritual", "Last Night I Dreamt That Somebody Loved Me" and "That Joke Isn't Funny Anymore".

UPDATE June 4:

Posted by an anonymous person:

add "accept yourself" to the smiths song tags

Last edited:
The only people who care about an older person dying their hair, are people who don't like feeling pressured to do it themselves. It's like older people being confused by the youthful figure of one of their peers: "They have to be faking it."

There's nothing attractive, or honorable about having gray hair. If that's your attitude, then stop dressing with dignity while you're at it. It's hair coloring. It's not a face-lift.

Anyway, Marr is the kind of person, and sustainable talent that Morrissey wished he could be, but his craft is at the mercy of others.

As Morrissey continues to adopt the character of an oblivious autist with an axe to grind, Marr continues to beam a sense of well adjusted humanity.

This is how you should grow old: With jet black hair, and a winning personality.

Right, thats the way we all should grow old, by making a huge public spectacle out of ourselves.:handpointright::guardsman::handpointleft:.
Plastic black cement hair with golden brown ear flaps IS the way to go, if you want to age with
dignity and sang-froid.:crazy:

Once you get your Drama J hair make sure find a copy of that flower shirt he wears at ever
button show, and go on and tack into yourself.:crazy:

The other way is the Moz way: authenticity. You didnt see Moz get tattooed at 5o years old. :thumb:

See, but that kind of outsized nonsense just outs you as a troll. You're probably not vegan, and you're probably not a Morrissey fan.

:crazy:
I probably have Boomslang on infinite repeat replay too.

These trolls are unreal.:eek:

It's interesting that with the resume that Johnny has, which was pointed out, The Pretenders, The The, Electronic, Healers, Modest Mouse, The Cribs, that he spoke mostly of the Smiths and played mostly Smiths bits in this interview, and he closes with the Smiths' "That Joke..." not something from his newest album.
As short as the Smiths were to his career, Johnny always goes back to it, whereas Mogsy gives the impression that he has dismissed that small portion of his career.

It's interesting that with the resume that Johnny has, which was pointed out, The Pretenders, The The, Electronic, Healers, Modest Mouse, The Cribs, that he spoke mostly of the Smiths and played mostly Smiths bits in this interview, and he closes with the Smiths' "That Joke..." not something from his newest album.
As short as the Smiths were to his career, Johnny always goes back to it, whereas Mogsy gives the impression that he has dismissed that small portion of his career.

You dont see Moz sing "Dynamo":neutral: at his shows.:tiphat:

The more modern day Mogsy distances himself from The Smiths the better for me, keeps the best bit untarnished at least.

Some more Johnny

"if you take ME(Drama J) to buy a guitar in NY we will sign to your record label"
LOL.......
LOLLLLLLLLOLLLLL........
LOLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL.....:laughing:

I love Johnny Marr! Great musician and a very loveable person. I hope it will be an inspiration for my son, who wants to lear guitar with only 6 years of age.

Johnny has something God-given. Watching him play is mesmerising.

Those strange blonde stripes in his hair though...

Those strange blonde stripes in his hair though...

They are hair flaps. If you want a compact description they are "golden retriever dog hair flaps".
A type of dog ear flap but bigger, way bigger. You use the yellow Clairol bottle on top of the black
color, not gold or brown but yellow, which when meshed with that titanium black, of his first paint
coat, makes what we now see.:handpointright::guardsman::handpointleft:

:crazy:
I probably have Boomslang on infinite repeat replay too.

These trolls are unreal.:eek:

Oh cool, I loved Boomslang as well! Last Ride, Caught Up and Down on the Corner were my favorites, but I also liked Something to Shout About and Bangin' On. How about you?

Yeah, I know, it's hard to decide, so much goodness on that album! Anyway, nice to meet a fellow Boomslang enthusiast! Cheers! :rock::)

How is the:frogface: keeping up?:straightface:
Maybe the comet wont understand and keep on going.:rock:

Hey friend, I saw a cute frog on reddit, I guess you like frogs too? That's cool!
https://www.reddit.com/r/frogs/comments/8mjsq5/frog_skips_class_all_semester_shows_up_in_my/

Don't worry, I think the comet will arrive just in time. Yay! I can't wait!
Yessir. Our lad is with a solid crew on a tight ship, ensuring it’s proper trajectory. Shows have been just killer, from what I’ve heard. Can’t wait for Velvet. Seen him several times at various venues here. ...but Velvet Underground is tiny. 150-200 tops. Guaranteed: Proper sound. Proper folks. Proper vibes. Closest I’ll get to having boy-o play at my house. f***ing dream of a show!

Johnny Marr has never disappointed me. :)

*and despite the fact that Johnny’s a vegetarian, I’ll be able to get some tasty street-meat from the lovely, hard-working Syrian chap with the cart beside the entrance, on my way out.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom