Impact of concert cancellations on tour insurance, etc.

A

Anonymous

I have only the vaguest understanding of what it takes to operate a concert tour, but I believe all concert tours are insured in some form, in part to cover the costs associated with unexpected events (like the cancellation of shows or entire tours). Is that correct? If so, are there insurance companies that lose money when Morrissey cancels shows, or do they just charge him much more based on his pattern of cancellations? And after awhile, wouldn't he be considered such a bad risk that he would become essentially uninsurable? Surely someone (other than Morrissey) must be losing money after a cancellation. Just curious how this works. Thanks for any insight.

I have only the vaguest understanding of what it takes to operate a concert tour, but I believe all concert tours are insured in some form, in part to cover the costs associated with unexpected events (like the cancellation of shows or entire tours). Is that correct? If so, are there insurance companies that lose money when Morrissey cancels shows, or do they just charge him much more based on his pattern of cancellations? And after awhile, wouldn't he be considered such a bad risk that he would become essentially uninsurable? Surely someone (other than Morrissey) must be losing money after a cancellation. Just curious how this works. Thanks for any insight.

At very best his premiums must be sky high, though I suspect at this point he must be uninsurable

Back
Top Bottom