I'm waiting for Apollo 22nd May 09 bootleg

Raphael Lambach

The title is enough... I am not gonna say more...

JUST: PLEASE SOMEONE POST THIS LIVE BOOTLEG RECORDING....

thanks for helping...

Last edited:
hmmmmm

Soundtrack?

You mean live bootleg recording, isn't it?

Soundtrack is a term to describe music which is added background of films / videos.

My friend sent me an email that her recording of 22nd is quite good, she'll upload it later this week if no one does.

Last edited:
Thanks to Yousef uploading to Dime, it will appear here as they become available (as flac files!):

http://only-morrissey-music.blogspot.com/2009/05/morrissey-apollo-theatre-manchester.html

It's up, it's in there, it's in flac.
Not sure of the quality. EDIT: Great quality, shame I'm off to work now - first day too, so can't be late! If anyone could possibly help I'd be ever grateful :-D

As it's in the dreaded flac format would someone be kind enough to send me the mp3? While I want to respect the hard work of the recorder I really can't fill my laptop up with flac files...I'd have lovely sounding music but absolutely nothing else....

Last edited:
You may try burning a CD!

Yeah, I will if I have to - but then I'll burn it back to iTunes as MP3 (CDs are only good for cars, and I've just had to sell mine :nopity: ).

It's just if someone can save me the space and time tonight. I'll do it tonight otherwise, but I'm leaving in about five minutes and won't be back until gone 10pm, so could do without it if possible.
If not, I'll do what I can later.

Don't get me wrong, I'm hugely, hugely grateful for the recorder/uploader etc etc but flac for me, and I'd bet most others, is hugely impractical.

Yeah, I will if I have to - but then I'll burn it back to iTunes as MP3 (CDs are only good for cars, and I've just had to sell mine :nopity: ).

Just download Switch and convert it to any format of your choice, it's a brilliant app!

Thanks for the bootleg anyways!

Just download Switch and convert it to any format of your choice, it's a brilliant app!

Thanks for the bootleg anyways!

Thank you so much for the tip! I'm terrible with technology...:blushing:

Thanks to whoever uploaded the bootleg too, it sounds great. :thumb:

respect the recorders info which is !
Please do not share in MP3 or other lossy formats. If you don't know why, just ask.
get yourself a bigger hardrive !:mad:

Last edited:
respect the recorders info which is !
Please do not share in MP3 or other lossy formats. If you don't know why, just ask.
get yourself a bigger hardrive !:mad:

Get yourself a more practical outlook.

flac is fine, and people who want it will always have it. MP3 is far more common (and far more sensible).

I've heard all the arguments for flac over MP3 and they all just sound utterly snobbish. My view: thanks for recording, but it's illegal to do it record the show anyway, so any sort of 'ownership' over the files is questionable at best.

Think of the MP3s as the bootleg of the bootleg ;)

Hmm...

The arguments over FLAC are not about snobbery, it's about preserving the quality of the music over time - once a recording has been encoded to MP3 for distribution, you are virtually guaranteeing multiple generations of undocumented MP3>audio>cd>MP3>MP3 etc conversions - each one of which degrades the quality of the sound.

In the days of tape-trading, sharing recordings meant an inevitable degradation in quality with each step. Now we can guarantee that someone 20 years down the line gets to hear exactly what you get to hear in exactly the same quality. Once MP3s start proliferating online, the chances of this being the case get less and less.

You will note that the request on the info file was not that you change your music listening or storage habits, merely that people refrain from sharing the audio in lossy formats.

But if you don't care about preserving the music for others and you don't care to respect the simple request of a person who went to considerable expense, inconvenience, risk and effort to bring you the music, then please boorishly press on. But do not be surprised if the people who actually care about these things (and because they do, tend to produce the best recordings) start putting less and less of them in the public domain.

And, for the record, the 1988 Copyright Act expressly allows UK concert-goers to record performances for personal use. The implications that you draw from your misapprehension over this are disingenuous at best, if not downright obnoxious.

But to everyone enjoying and sharing this recording in the spirit it was offered - cheers!

Get yourself a more practical outlook.

flac is fine, and people who want it will always have it. MP3 is far more common (and far more sensible).

I've heard all the arguments for flac over MP3 and they all just sound utterly snobbish. My view: thanks for recording, but it's illegal to do it record the show anyway, so any sort of 'ownership' over the files is questionable at best.

Think of the MP3s as the bootleg of the bootleg ;)

Hmm...

The arguments over FLAC are not about snobbery, it's about preserving the quality of the music over time - once a recording has been encoded to MP3 for distribution, you are virtually guaranteeing multiple generations of undocumented MP3>audio>cd>MP3>MP3 etc conversions - each one of which degrades the quality of the sound.

So the reason people can't listen to a gig they want is because five years time someone else might get a hold of a slightly less-quality version. Do the original flac files get deleted after a while then, and after a certain period people can never access them again? Or is it just a weak argument?

You will note that the request on the info file was not that you change your music listening or storage habits, merely that people refrain from sharing the audio in lossy formats.

That's true, but the person I was replying to in my reply that you quoted did tell me to get a bigger hard-drive - and NOT the original uploader ;)

But if you don't care about preserving the music for others and you don't care to respect the simple request of a person who went to considerable expense, inconvenience, risk and effort to bring you the music, then please boorishly press on. But do not be surprised if the people who actually care about these things (and because they do, tend to produce the best recordings) start putting less and less of them in the public domain.

Fair enough, this is a top quality recording and I'm glad to have it, but if the original recorder had kept it to themselves I'm sure I'd have carried on with my life. I've plenty of gigs I'd like to listen to again, but I don't and I'm sure there are copies out there.
To claim some divine integrity over the work of a band that don't even know you're in the room is slightly odd.

And, for the record, the 1988 Copyright Act expressly allows UK concert-goers to record performances for personal use. The implications that you draw from your misapprehension over this are disingenuous at best, if not downright obnoxious.

Fair enough, I didn't know this and I take you at your word (was thinking in terms of cinema piracy, I guess?). However, would uploading to a website count as 'personal use'? I'm sure if security had noticed they'd have been less understanding?

But to everyone enjoying and sharing this recording in the spirit it was offered - cheers!

I'm very much enjoying this recording, it's marvellous and I thank with all my heart the original uploader. However I'm not concerned with preventing other people enjoying the same things simply because of a few FLAC Evangelicals.

EDIT: Good grief what a rant. How boring.

Back
Top Bottom