'I'm Throwing My Arms Around Paris'-Exclusive First Play

From Suedehead to ITMAAP...

Heard the official studio version today & all I can think is it makes me want, 'Papa Jack' remasterd. Sad sad sad..

Re: From Suedehead to ITMAAP...

Heard the official studio version today & all I can think is it makes me want, 'Papa Jack' remasterd. Sad sad sad..

I just knew I was gonna enjoy that post. :D

LOVE it!

No way is that a single !
Pretty below average.
Piss poor "tune" and ,again,pretty mundane lyrics.
What's happening to the boy?!

I wasn't sure about the song when I heard it played live, but this is very nice indeed. I agree with the comments though, about Moz sounding like he's had had his teeth snmashed in, or has a very bad ulcer in the first part of the song. Anuway, minor gripe, I like it a lot.

Peter
Thank you! I thought I was touched in the head or something and I was the only one to hear it. I mean I realise Moz has a slight speech impediment but on this he sounds like he's got a cleft palate!!
I'm getting used to it now after a few listens, and am liking it musically more and more. I also love its very brevity ( Is this the shortest Moz/Smiths single ever ? 2m30 top to toe !) and its strange structure. It could only be Moz I think. But, oh, the teeth....:o

Its a terriffic song and charming definately describes the delivery.I agree musically its similar to My Love Life and also feel some of the instrumental midway through, reminiscent of Every Day Is Like Sunday.Love it.

Just heard this for the first time, killer chorus.

I'm not familiar with the solo work of Morrissey at all, but this is great.

Melody-wise not at all, but vocally Moz is singing in a similar register and fashion. Wouldn't have occurred to me if it wasn't mentioned, though.

Indeed. Also, imagine the guitar, errm, 'faster' :confused: Just me? Ah well. :guitar:

Back
Top Bottom