Im the new boy

Im Still Ill

Hello
I dont usually go in for this online forum thing but after discovering this site (about 5 minutes ago) i simply had to join.

I look forward to chatting to people who appreciate the great man as much as myself.

I guess my first question is...

Do you have to be depressed to fully embrace the legend that is Morrissey?

Hello
I dont usually go in for this online forum thing but after discovering this site (about 5 minutes ago) i simply had to join.

I look forward to chatting to people who appreciate the great man as much as myself.

Welcome! We're quite nice here. Just about every possible question that you could ever ask and every possible topic has already been discussed at some point, but that doesn't stop us. Let the search function be your friend, and don't be afraid to re-open old threads. Avoid the frink thread, download some bootlegs (but not commercially available, in-print material!), vote in the polls, and hang out in the cesspool that is the Off-Topic forum. You'll do fine.

I do. Unless you're a journalist, in which case, of course not! That whole Pope of Mope crap should be put to pasture.

Last edited:

yes, but not currently, lol
as long as you've spent some amount of time depressed it will mean more to you :p

Hello

I guess my first question is...

Welcome!

There are many ways to appreciate his work, although I don't believe the "Frink-thread" one is the healthiest. You've been warned:D.

"Do you have to be depressed to fully embrace the legend that is Morrissey?"

No, but it helps. Seriously, that is the most annoying misconception about his music. His lyrics are hilarious. "If a double decker bus killed the both of us, well to die by your side, the pleasure the privilege is mine." I'll use this as a perfect example. I suspect if one were to take it face value, it might be construed as depressing; however the lyric and the sentiment behind it are SO over the top that whenever I listen to it, I just have to smile. I think people either get Morrissey and find him witty, charming, hilarious, and yes at times poignant about the human condition. In my opinion, the smarter the person the better chance they're going to like Moz - sounds stuck up, but in my limited experience true.

Oh, welcome by the way...

I've only ever enjoyed his work for the humour and defiance. I find very little depression there.

Welcome. :)

lol
I'm actually really depressed, but I don't think I'd enjoy Morrissey as much if I were happy all the time. sadly enough hehe

WELCOME!

Welcome! We're quite nice here. Just about every possible question that you could ever ask and every possible topic has already been discussed at some point, but that doesn't stop us. Let the search function be your friend, and don't be afraid to re-open old threads. Avoid the frink thread, download some bootlegs (but not commercially available, in-print material!), vote in the polls, and hang out in the cesspool that is the Off-Topic forum. You'll do fine.

I do. Unless you're a journalist, in which case, of course not! That whole Pope of Mope crap should be put to pasture.

All sound advice...apart from avoiding all things FRINKY!;)

I've only ever enjoyed his work for the humour and defiance. I find very little depression there.

You'd think that was self-evident. But no.

Now that John Peel is no longer with us I nominate you to give a professional seminar on this subject aimed at all professional music journalists.

Last edited:
Wow. Wow Wow Wow.

To be perfectly honest with you all, after finding this site i truely believed it to be, well frankly, dead.

I thought id check my thread to see if anyone had even looked at it.

It truely shocked me to see how many replies i had. Its nice to know there are true Morrissey fans out there, some possibly surpassing my admiration for him (though i doubt it)

I can assure you i am not a journalist. Im simply a back bedroom casualty, a self-depricating Moz fan through and through.

Something tells me im going to like this site...

Back
Top Bottom