I'm Not Sorry

I totally adore this song. It inspired me to get out my flute I have not played since high school to try to learn the part. It is a really beautiful song, with wonderful lyrics.

Have I found the perfect partner?

I'd like to think so.

I totally adore this song. It inspired me to get out my flute I have not played since high school to try to learn the part. It is a really beautiful song, with wonderful lyrics.

AHA yeah"" I'm a flautist=my life's ambition is to play with mozzer. i couldd do this aaaand there is a light aaaand...owt else?

Good song on Quarry, but as mentioned, on 'Live in Manchester' it really comes out as the beautiful song it is. Great performance.

To me it's fairly obvious it's about Moz's search for a record deal, using this as a way to reflect on the past/present I suppose. However, like in 'I Won't Share You' Moz displays his fantastic gift of making a song about something entirely unrelated to love sound like the most beautiful love song.

Last edited:
Lilybet,
Did you figure it and TIALTNGO out?! I was so rusty, I couldn't. But my goodness, if you could tell me the notes, I would be totally motivated to pick it up and learn it!!!!!!!!!!!

never had a perfect partner in 40 years, so there really is no reason to believe that "in the future when all's well" someone compatible will appear all of a sudden at my age. I don't believ in santa claus anymore either :(

i actually believe in santa a lot more....

I love the song, and yes, I am single, but to be honest, it's never really bothered me!

"The woman of my dreams, she naver came along"

been listening to this song a lot lately, was wondering how many of you have found the perfect partner?QUOTE]

Youre fit (member's pics thread). I'll be the wonan of your dreams. Go on I'll even break my veganism and put some meat in my mouth ahahahahghgha

CRINGE

alma matters said:
Lilybet,
Did you figure it and TIALTNGO out?! I was so rusty, I couldn't. But my goodness, if you could tell me the notes, I would be totally motivated to pick it up and learn it!!!!!!!!!!!

Erm I haven't tried! Maybe that will be tonight's insomnia cure. I always figured if I got to be Morrissey's flautist, someone'd just hand me the sheet of music... :D It's a good dream to have!

I love the song, and yes, I am single, but to be honest, it's never really bothered me!

Same! I am saner when I am single, haha. People look at me strangely when I say this, but, for several years I have been and continue to be, quite happy whilst not in a relationship, thanks very much. Strange, but true! :p

What about it can't you stand?

Umm... everything. It's lifeless. It's too long. The production is very uninspired, it sounds like Dido. The melody is dull. The lyrics mean nothing to me. I think that it's the only song on YATQ that I never get the urge to sing along with.

Same! I am saner when I am single, haha. People look at me strangely when I say this, but, for several years I have been and continue to be, quite happy whilst not in a relationship, thanks very much. Strange, but true! :p
hey imogen, did you get those Ludus tracks?
(sorry for being off-topic)

About the song - I've always loved it because of the lyrics; "I'm not looking for just anyone" - that could describe me. I am single because I don't want to be with just anyone. Many people don't understand that, they seem to believe that you must be with someone, anyone, if you have offers - as if it doesn't matter how you feel about those people. We had a thread about being single a while ago. I said and I say it again: being single does not mean being miserable, it's much better than being in one of those half-arsd, loveless, boring relationships that many people have. I know people like that - they are the ones that are trully miserable.

I also love the lines "and I'm not sorry for the things I've said/there's a wild man in my head". :D

Last edited:
. being single does not mean being miserable, it's much better than being in one of those half-arsd, loveless, boring relationships that many people have. I know people like that - they are the ones that are trully miserable.

Yeah, I agree. I know so many people who are obviously very unhappy in a marriage etc, in many ways showing that you're a miserable, cynical bastard is better than just hiding it away. Embrace your misery, give it a huge hug, be at one with it and only then can you be truly happy! Well...

hey imogen, did you get those Ludus tracks?
(sorry for being off-topic)

About the song - I've always loved it because of the lyrics; "I'm not looking for just anyone" - that could describe me. I am single because I don't want to be with just anyone. Many people don't understand that, they seem to believe that you must be with someone, anyone, if you have offers - as if it doesn't matter how you feel about those people. We had a thread about being single a while ago. I said and I say it again: being single does not mean being miserable, it's much better than being in one of those half-arsd, loveless, boring relationships that many people have. I know people like that - they are the ones that are trully miserable.

I also love the lines "and I'm not sorry for the things I've said/there's a wild man in my head". :D

Nightandday, once again, you're on the money: I agree WHOLEHEARTEDLY! I feel VERY much the same.

And, no, I haven't listened to those Ludus tracks yet - sorry! I can't do so at work. Will get online over the weekend and let you know what i think :)

Nightandday, once again, you're on the money: I agree WHOLEHEARTEDLY! I feel VERY much the same.

And, no, I haven't listened to those Ludus tracks yet - sorry! I can't do so at work. Will get online over the weekend and let you know what i think :)
You better download them soon, before the links expire. I don't know how long sendspace links last, but I uploaded them 10 days ago.

Back
Top Bottom