I'm Not Sorry

"The woman of my dreams, she naver came along"

been listening to this song a lot lately, was wondering how many of you have found the perfect partner?

"I'm Not Sorry" is actually my favorite song by Morrissey. The performance of it on "Who Put The 'M' In Manchester?" is f***ing brilliant.

And to answer your question, I have indeed found the perfect partner. Doesn't take away from the song's impact though!

Yeah its a great song, can't stop playing it!

Never give up...

Love the flute.

Love that song, my favourite line- "and I'm not looking for just anyone", about sums it up! I'd rather wait for the right person and be on my own, even if I am starting to wonder if there even is a 'right' person, I've never met anyone I could actually imagine being with. Think I may be in for a lonely few years...

I'm pleased to hear it's so popular. It's my favorite Morrissey song since . . since . .

Bloody hell, since the Vauxhall era!

I love how he begins the lyric with "On returning," as if he's been elsewhere for awhile (maybe I'm just projecting):

On returning, I can't believe this world is still turning,
The pressure's on,
Because the pleasure hasn't gone

Never could stand this song. Worst song on YATQ. And re. the perfect partner... well, I just split up with my girlfriend a couple of days ago after two years of being together... so it seems that... no.

I love how he begins the lyric with "On returning," as if he's been elsewhere for awhile (maybe I'm just projecting):

On returning, I can't believe this world is still turning,
The pressure's on,
Because the pleasure hasn't gone

I always thought the "On returning" part was a reference to the music industry, that he was coming back after the 7 year dry spell, finding things little different from when he 'left'. "The pressure's on" for him to produce something excellent, a comeback album to so speak, (though I loathe the term), and for him the pleasure hasn't gone out of making music, touring etc. Maybe I'm bullshitting here, it's just my interpretation :)

never had a perfect partner in 40 years, so there really is no reason to believe that "in the future when all's well" someone compatible will appear all of a sudden at my age. I don't believ in santa claus anymore either :(

Some good comments,

All I can say is that I got my fingers crossed....

i adore this song

Never could stand this song. Worst song on YATQ. And re. the perfect partner... well, I just split up with my girlfriend a couple of days ago after two years of being together... so it seems that... no.

What about it can't you stand?

It's a good song, and one of my most played, along with "Come Back to Camden" - they really strike a cord for me because I truly do feel the woman of my dreams doesn't exist and because of my nature, I am too difficult to remain with and feel like the narrator of "..Camden", pleading with my lost love to retun and "I'll be good."

On the flip side, I am not unhappy with the discovery that I am destined to be single always. I do believe wholeheartedly in great love, and smile a great big cheesey grin when singing along to "Let The Right One In". That is such an uplifting song - don't ever be so melancoly about your love life that you fail to let the right one slip in, but do ask them what took them so long!

Yes, love is real, love is true and it's out there for us all!

I'd rather have been loved and lost than never known love at all - the agony of it's demise is only so poignant because we felt it burning us so intensely to begin.

I am always hopeful of finding the one that lasts - aren't we all?

when I first saw the title(before listening it) i thought it was a song-answer to the "I'm so sorry" from suedehead,with the sourness of the years

"The woman of my dreams, she naver came along"

been listening to this song a lot lately, was wondering how many of you have found the perfect partner?QUOTE]

Youre fit (member's pics thread). I'll be the wonan of your dreams. Go on I'll even break my veganism and put some meat in my mouth ahahahahghgha

Back
Top Bottom