"I'm Not Sorry" deeper meaning

terrancestamp

Ok, why does every lyric sheet leave out the "Alain" part of the song? Does anyone else feel he is singing "Alain"? Does anyone know the rumor behind this?

In the song Morrissey sings "Alain" reach for my hand. The lyrics sheet left out the Alain part. Why?
He’s not saying Alan, it’s just a drawn-out “aaaa—aa—nd”.
E46F8F40-E19D-4763-9C85-5160650B319B.jpeg

In the song Morrissey sings "Alain" reach for my hand. The lyrics sheet left out the Alain part. Why?
(I added the missing letter in to your title)

I believe I read something similar (not on this site), quite a while ago.
The way he says "and" is rather drawn out, but if listened to with decent audio equipment you can definitely discern the 'nd' part of 'and'.
I don't have time to slow it down and run it through Audacity to demonstrate it, but I suspect the lyric sheets all use 'and' as it's right.
Regards,
FWD.

If you like this thread, then what do you think about Morrissey not being on the "Just Say Roe" compilation? He was on almost all the others and of course Howie Klein wanted him on every one of them! Is Morrissey a Pro-Lifer? "This Night Has Opened My Eyes"?

What lyric sheets? Quarry did not have an official lyric sheet. We all know the Japan versions are just wrong.
ATKDX001 - Europe.
R-476518-1492786198-2501.jpg
R-476518-1626542830-6855.jpg

s-l400.jpg

Regards,
FWD.

This thread is bizarre.

This is the oddest thread on M-S which hasn't featured WeirdUncleSkinny.

The real puzzler is who is the woman he mentions by name at around the 3 minute mark of this song though?
"The woman of my dreams - Shay - she never came along" :unsure:

Here’s an actual twist I’ve always contemplated, though:

Instead of “the woman of my dreams, she never came along / there never was one / not sorry for the things I’ve said / there’s a wild man in my head”

It can be read literally (there never was one/he never met one, and he’s crazy or whatever for being wild in the head), or it’s another one of the subtle admissions of homosexuality: there never was a woman that came along because there isn’t a “wild man” in his head, but a “Wilde man,” referring to Oscar. He prefers men, hence why a woman of his dreams never came along.

I’d like to think that some rare pressings of YATQ have it printed as Wilde instead of wild man in the booklet, @Famous when dead.

Here’s an actual twist I’ve always contemplated, though:

Instead of “the woman of my dreams, she never came along / there never was one / not sorry for the things I’ve said / there’s a wild man in my head”

It can be read literally (there never was one/he never met one, and he’s crazy or whatever for being wild in the head), or it’s another one of the subtle admissions of homosexuality: there never was a woman that came along because there isn’t a “wild man” in his head, but a “Wilde man,” referring to Oscar. He prefers men, hence why a woman of his dreams never came along.

I’d like to think that some rare pressings of YATQ have it printed as Wilde instead of wild man in the booklet, @Famous when dead.
That's how I've always read it - a typical Moz in-joke, she never came along because he never dreamed about a woman to start with. "I'm Not Sorry" is wonderful.

Back
Top Bottom