I'm going to San Francisco

leastlikelyto

first lost lad
Hi there. Im going to San Francisco for some weeks in the end of june and I would love to have som advise on where to find the best record stores, the best place to have a beer, the coziest vegetarian restaurant etc etc...

THANK YOU VERY MUCH IN ADVANCE!!! :)

Record stores

I was wondering, are there any good ones in San Francisco, Im going there next week.

cheers,
henrik

Re: Record stores

I was wondering, are there any good ones in San Francisco, Im going there next week.

cheers,
henrik

Amoeba, at Haight Street.
I don't think you'll find any Moz/Smiths rarity though. I was there this weekend.

cheers,
henrik

Amoeba Records is the obvious choice, although I like the one in Berkeley better. Streetlight Records used to be pretty good, but I haven't been there in years. Aquarius Records has a lot of decent stuff usually.

I went to the one in Berkeley as well and didn't find any rarities.... but you never know.

And if you're record-hunting adventure doesn't award you with Reel Around 7" and you end up getting hungry, the best vegetarian restaurants are: Millenium at Geary Street and Cafe Gratitude at Harrison Street. Not sure if you're a vegetarian, but the food is good regardless.

You don't find stuff in SF/Berkeley because I buy it all. Although Stephane beat me to a clear vinyl IBEH 7".

I went to the one in Berkeley as well and didn't find any rarities.... but you never know.

And if you're record-hunting adventure doesn't award you with Reel Around 7" and you end up getting hungry, the best vegetarian restaurants are: Millenium at Geary Street and Cafe Gratitude at Harrison Street. Not sure if you're a vegetarian, but the food is good regardless.

Don't forget my second home when I'm there, Squat & Gobble.

I've been vegetarian for ages, thank you very much!

Any other tips on what to do... any nice culuture stuff, museums, art exhibits? anything...

http://www.cafegratitude.com/

http://www.millenniumrestaurant.com/

gratitude is really very good.
millenium is really pretty fancy.

herbivore is really pretty bad

ananda furawa are run by these amazingly weird cultists and its worth just to go and catch a vibe.

imo the record stores there are pretty average. amoeba is pretty standard. i applaud them for always keeping strange glam bands in stock.

green apple books is my favorite book store.

papilotte is the best taco in sf. bar none. theres a photo of krs one eating a fish taco hung up on the wall. its pretty nice.

mission thrift is usually very good. its massive and they have a lot of stock. you gotta get there early on a weekday.

the telephone booth is a fun gay/hipster mix bar.

jonathan richman who is awesome is playing at the makeout room on june 16th if you are there and you go, i will be so jealous.

have fun!

http://www.cafegratitude.com/

http://www.millenniumrestaurant.com/

gratitude is really very good.
millenium is really pretty fancy.

herbivore is really pretty bad

ananda furawa are run by these amazingly weird cultists and its worth just to go and catch a vibe.

imo the record stores there are pretty average. amoeba is pretty standard. i applaud them for always keeping strange glam bands in stock.

green apple books is my favorite book store.

papilotte is the best taco in sf. bar none. theres a photo of krs one eating a fish taco hung up on the wall. its pretty nice.

mission thrift is usually very good. its massive and they have a lot of stock. you gotta get there early on a weekday.

the telephone booth is a fun gay/hipster mix bar.

jonathan richman who is awesome is playing at the makeout room on june 16th if you are there and you go, i will be so jealous.

have fun!

I thank you, I thank you with all of my heart

Hi there. Im going to San Francisco for some weeks in the end of june and I would love to have som advise on where to find the best record stores, the best place to have a beer, the coziest vegetarian restaurant etc etc...

THANK YOU VERY MUCH IN ADVANCE!!! :)

Well, my best friend lives there and I HIGHLY recommend you buy "Lonely Planet Guide" if they have one for the States. *Moon* a good one, and you can look up stuff online. Doh! But I maintain that Lonely Planet Guides are the BEST. They will have EVERYTHING you will need. Another option is to go to a gay bookstore * I know, I know" because they might have just the book you're looking for. You lucky thing; going to the Holy City! ( my best friend is gay and he calls SF "The Holy City." Good luck! Or try to go online and get information for the S.F. tourist guide.

Well, my best friend lives there and I HIGHLY recommend you buy "Lonely Planet Guide" if they have one for the States. *Moon* a good one, and you can look up stuff online. Doh! But I maintain that Lonely Planet Guides are the BEST. They will have EVERYTHING you will need. Another option is to go to a gay bookstore * I know, I know" because they might have just the book you're looking for. You lucky thing; going to the Holy City! ( my best friend is gay and he calls SF "The Holy City." Good luck! Or try to go online and get information for the S.F. tourist guide.

Yes, I do have books and I do read them. But sometimes help from real people can be more useful. THANK YOU FOR THE INFO ON GOING ONLINE, DID NOT THAT!!!! "Doh!"

Yes, I do have books and I do read them. But sometimes help from real people can be more useful. THANK YOU FOR THE INFO ON GOING ONLINE, DID NOT THAT!!!! "Doh!"

Check out Yelp.com They have reviews from regular people about all kinds of stuff. Also, I agree with what someone said earlier, Herbivore is bad. Stay away!

Also, the end of June is when the Pride Parade in San Francisco is. Cyndi Lauper is a grand marshal this year. It's always fun to check that out. It's the biggest gay pride parade in the world, I hear.

Back
Top Bottom